Subject: [sip-clf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipclf-format-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:13:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the SIP Common Log Format Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Format for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Common Log Format (CLF)
	Author(s)       : Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Vijay Gurbani
                          Adam Roach
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipclf-format-06.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   The SIPCLF Workgroup has defined a common log format framework for
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) servers.  This common log format
   mimics the successful event logging format found in well-known web
   servers like Apache and web proxies like Squid.  This document
   proposes an indexed text encoding format for the SIP Common Log
   Format (CLF) that retains the key advantages of a text-based format,
   while significantly increasing processing performance over a purely
   text-based implementation.  This file format adheres to the SIP CLF
   data model and provides an effective encoding scheme for all
   mandatory and optional fields that appear in a SIP CLF record.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipclf-format-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipclf-format-06.txt

---

From: Gonzalo Salgueiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:14:11 -0400

Folks:

I have posted the -06 version of the SIP CLF Format Draft and it is now in the archives at [1].

This draft was meant to address the AD review items that were raised. The diffs between the -05 and the -06 versions is at [2]

Some of the more substantial changes include:

- Added IANA registry for Version field and Transport Flags
- Addressed change request from ASCII to UTF-8
- Updated escaping mechanism description for CRLF, TAB, '-', '?'
- Clarified treatment of repeated optional fields
- Cleaned up Timestamp and Length definitions
- Removed all body type restrictions
- Addressed a bunch of minor issues and nits
 
[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipclf-format
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipclf-format-06.txt

Regards,

Gonzalo

On Mar 12, 2012, at 3:13 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> sip-clf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip-clf
>

---

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 05:47:08 -0400

HI all, 

I would like to get write-ups for both documents (problem-statement and format) done by April 1. 

These have been posted since March 12. 

Can people please look at the diffs and see if there are any issues that concern them and get back to me by then?

Peter