Subject: [sip-clf] Problem statement revision post IESG review

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:31:32 -0600

All: I have posted a revision (-12) for the SIP CLF Problem Statement
draft that incorporates the IESG comments.

-12 can be accessed at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-12

The diff between -11 and -12 is at
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-12.txt

While most changes are editorial in nature, there are two changes that
I want to intimate the working group.

In S8.1, the following change was made based on an AD review:

OLD:
    From - The From URI. For the sake of brevity, URI parameters
    SHOULD NOT be logged.
    To - The To URI. For the sake of brevity, URI parameters SHOULD NOT
    be logged.

NEW:
    From - The From URI. For the sake of brevity, URI parameters
    should not be logged.
    To - The To URI. For the sake of brevity, URI parameters should not
    be logged.

For the purpose of the SIP CLF record, the To and From URIs and the
tags, as header parameters, are important.  Whether or not to log other
URI parameters depends on the implementation; certainly terseness
dictates that an unadorned To or From URI is easy for visualization
as the CLF records scroll by.

Please let me know if there are any concerns with respect to this
change.

Thank you,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/