Subject: [sip-overload] draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-03 released

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 10:13:56 -0500

Folks: Pursuant to the discussion we had in Quebec City on
moving the overload control work ahead by separating the
loss-base overload control scheme from the general behaviour
to accomodate rate-base schemes, I have posted a new revision
of draft-ietf-soc-overload-control [1].

The salient changes, besides editing nits and such, are:

   1) Updated the ABNF for "oc" to accommodate values > 100 (for
      rate-base control schemes).
   2) Added a new section, Section 5 on "General behaviour".
   3) Added a new section, Section 6 on "The loss-based overload
      control scheme".

There is one section that needs to be completed --- Section 6.3.
I will provide a default client algorithm for loss-base scheme next
week, but until then, I thought it may help to get the current
draft out to the list for feedback.

Please go through the revised draft and let me know if something
is amiss.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-03

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/