Subject: [SIP] Session Timer Question

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:54:07 +0300

Hi,

I have a question about the session timer.

Since the session timer can be used even if one party supports it,
consider the following examples, where the UAS (but not the UAC)
supports it.

A.

UAC	UAS

--------->   INVITE

<---------   200 OK
	     Session-Expires: X

B.

UAC	UAS

--------->   INVITE

<---------   200 OK

The question is: does the UAS need to insert the Session-Expires header
in the response? The UAC may even not be able to understand it (even if
it does, there is nothing it can do with it since it doesn't support the
session timer in the first place) and the UAS will do the refreshes in
either case.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland