Subject: RE: [SIP] Question on IMPP

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:52:40 -0700

> Now that it is known that SIP might not be
> adopted as the IMPP standard, what happens
> to the proposed extensions?

There are three proposals to the IMPP working group; SIP is one of them. The
working group is not currently assessing the merits of the respective
proposals; it is busy working on a common reference document, known as CPIM,
that essentially specifies the behavior of gateways between the various
systems.

As you mention, it makes sense in any case to develop the SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY
capability within SIP. In fact, a good way to ensure that SIP *is* chosen as
the IMPP standard is to work on the integration of SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY in your
SIP products, and demonstrate interoperability between implementations by
multiple vendors. 

-- Christian Huitema

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip