Subject: [SIP] Handle'n of NOT A KNOWN SIP Header Messages

From: Krishan Veer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:28:54 -0700

Hi Everyone!

How to Handle NOT A KNOWN SIP Header Messages, My understanding if the
header is of Unknown type  but Message has valid sip grammar body the
proxy should forward it on ? is there any special way of handle'n these
messages like these messages should be treated as Request only.? I
didn't find anything on this topic in archive & rfc , Any pointers will
be helpful

Thanks
veer

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Kevin Summers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:00:30 -0500

Assuming that you mean an unknown SIP header (not a header _message_ ).

Page 34, section 6 (Header definition) of RFC 2543bis-01:

"...a server must ignore header fields not defined in this specification
that it does not understand. A proxy must not move or modify header fields
not defined in this specification that it does not understand."

Hth,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Krishan Veer [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 6:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [SIP] Handle'n of NOT A KNOWN SIP Header Messages

Hi Everyone!

Than
veer