Subject: [SIP] a query..........

From: "rahul pande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 14:45:39 IST

hello all,
      I mailed the following query to [email-masked] but no responded and 
i am eagerly looking for a reply

      In SDP rfc we have the definition of a= as follows :
                    a= <attribute>:<value>
        in the above case there will be few registered <attribute>s such as 
"charset" but i searched through the iana site i couldn't get the 
information Can someone please give me these details, will "the grammar for 
the <value> of that <attribute>" be also available there.

      Does sdplang attribute mean that my session itself is described in 
that language......

   Please reply to the above query i know this is not a proper mailing list 
to ask such questions but i need these information for working in the SIP 
stack only.
    Thanking you all,
        rahul

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 00:06:38 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: rahul pande [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2000 10:46 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] a query..........
> 
> 
> hello all,

Most (if not all) of the attributes in usage are defined within
the SDP specification itself. I know that the preconditions draft
http://www.normos.org/ietf/draft/draft-manyfolks-sip-resource-01.txt

defines a few also.

>       Does sdplang attribute mean that my session itself is 

those pieces like the subject, yes. Protocol parameters like "audio" and
"video", of course not.

-Jonathan R.
---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com