Subject: [SIP] INVITE with new SDP /higher CSeq

From: "Prasad, Eshwara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:21:48 -0400

Hi,

 Am quite new to SIP. The august draft  doesnt say anything on how the user
agent is notified after getting a new INVITE from him with a higher CSeq and
updated SDP parameters. Can anyone let me know hows the User Agent notified
by the server for success and failure in this scenario? 

Thanks
Prasad

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:43:33 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Prasad, Eshwara [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 12:36 PM
> To: 'SIP List'
> Subject: [SIP] INVITE with new SDP /higher CSeq
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> agent is notified after getting an INVITE from him with a 
> higher CSeq and
> by the server for success and failure ? 

I'm not sure I understand the question.

If your question is about how the user interface works when a re-INVITE
arrives that updates SDP, thats an implementation decision.

If your question is about how the user agent client (UAC) that sent the
re-invite is able to know that the recipient (the user agent server, UAS),
received it, the answer is that re-invites use the same request/response/ACK
sequence. So, the UAC will get a 200 OK if the updated SDP is received and
is OK, 4xx, 5xx, or 6xx if it failed for some reason.

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com