Subject: [SIP] Referred-By: ...referenced-url

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:02:57 -0500

According to draft-ietf-sip-cc-transfer-01.txt, the referenced-url component
of the Referred-By: header contains a copy of the URL transmitted in the
Refer-To: header.  What if the Refer-To: URL contains headers (e.g.
Accept-Contact:).  Are these also reproduced in Referred-By:, particularly
as it appears in the REFER request?

Tom Taylor

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Robert Sparks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:06:03 -0500

Referred-By: ...referenced-urlYes.

The referenced party needs to be able to know, with proof, which of the
headers in
the request it receives came from the referrer, and that those headers have
not been
modified.

RjS
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Tom-PT Taylor [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 7:03 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Cc: [email-masked]'
  Subject: Referred-By: ...referenced-url

  According to draft-ietf-sip-cc-transfer-01.txt, the referenced-url
component of the Referred-By: header contains a copy of the URL transmitted
in the Refer-To: header.  What if the Refer-To: URL contains headers (e.g.
Accept-Contact:).  Are these also reproduced in Referred-By:, particularly
as it appears in the REFER request?

  Tom Taylor