Subject: [SIP] Commentaries, FAQ on rfc2543

From: "Computer Corporation" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 10:10:12 IST

i believe that there is a need for commentaries on many issues that are 
implicit in the rfc2543. it is personally been a hugely educative experience 
for me to me in touch with the greats of sip on this list.

i am however, acutely aware of how newbies like I and others do infringe 
upon this list by asking the same questions repeatedly and getting the same 
answers from the pundits.

although FAQs would be a good idea, I would also think that a document that 
is not wholly accurate (unlike an RFC) but easy, points out the 
implementational gotchas and explains the rationale will be a big help.
Maybe one of us can start compiling a FAQ to begin with and then we can go 
onto a "sip implementor's guide".

i guess the onus of such a thing would fall on someone studying/researching 
at columbia. i volunteer to do this if it will be of any worth and there 
isn't anyone else available (although I doubt my scholarship of sip and 
hence the ability to undertake this work).

- farhan

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 09:19:38 -0400

> hence the ability to undertake this work).

There are a number of journal and magazine articles related to SIP that
serve exactly this purpose. See the SIP web page at
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip (under "papers and talks") for a listing.

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs