Subject: [SIP] Methods in Allow header

From: Billy Biggs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:09:28 -0500

Hi,

  Does a user agent need to include the ACK and CANCEL methods in an
Allow header?

  If INVITE is included, must BYE be included as well?  It seems like a
minimal SIP implementation which supports INVITE can get away with not
being able to generate BYEs, but wouldn't it still need to be able to
accept them?

-- 
Billy Biggs                         [email-masked]
http://www.div8.net/billy/      [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:18:01 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Billy Biggs [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 10:09 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] Methods in Allow header
> 
> 
>   Hi,
> 

It really doesn't make a big difference. But, for simplicities sake,
consistency is a good thing. In that case, you should do what the spec says
- list the methods supported by the server. That means ACK, CANCEL, as well
as BYE.

-Jonathan R.
---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com