Subject: [SIP] Content-Disposition Header questions

From: Sudipto Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:54:34 -0400

In Sec 6.15, Content-Disposition of draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-02.ps,
the following is stated -

disposition-type = "render" "session" "Icon" "alert"
disp-extension-token

I need clarification on the usage of the above disposition-types for
early media and preconditions. 

In my understanding -

"alert" is used in 18X responses to convey early cut-thru or early media
cases.

To indicate preconditions such as qos / security in 183 as defined in
manyfolks draft, disposition-type is set to "session". Additionally, the
attribute line in SDP such a=qos:mandatory or a=security ... specifies
the
type of precondition. 

Please comment on the above.

Thanks
-- Sudipto

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip