Subject: [SIP] Registrars and Date

From: Eric Tremblay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:13:58 -0400

I have a very simple question/request:

Would it be possible to make the Date header mandatory in Registrar
responses?  This would be required if the registrar sends its expires time
in SIP-date format.

The reason for this are the following:

1- Some embedded devices don't keep track of the time at all.
2- Other that do might be connecting to a NTP/SNTP server to acquire the
notion of time (probably at bootup).  What if the server is down?  The
device has no knowledge of the time.  This sould not prevent the device from
registering.  If the date header is not included, the device cannot know for
how long the registration is valid, until the time server comes back up.

Regards,

EricT

___________________________________________
Eric Tremblay      | Mediatrix Telecom Inc.
Technical Leader   | www.mediatrix.com

[email-masked]
tel: +1-819-829-8749 x238
fax: +1-819-829-5100

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip