Subject: [SIP] Thread summaries for Jul 31 - Aug 4

From: Billy Biggs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:23:59 -0600

SIP Threads from Jul 31 - Aug 4

31 Jul 00: LDAP schema for SIP
  Is it worth the effort in defining a schema for SIP?  Henning sees
  this more as an extension of an existing (person) schema than something
  new.

31 Jul 00: Proxy initiating a BYE
1 Aug 00: Proxy initiating a BYE - contd.
  Dvir Oren asks about proxies initiating a BYE.  Proxies don't initiate
  BYEs, but B2BUAs do.  No issues.

31 Jul 00: SIP Call Control Services
  Some questions asked, Robert Sparks notes these are resolved by the
  REFER draft and soon-to-be-started seperate multi-party conferencing
  work.

31 Jul 00: SIP-T Draft Feedback
  Adam Roach brings up many issues with
  draft-vemuri-sip-t-context-00.txt.  Nothing outside of this scope.

31 Jul 00: draft-ietf-sip-session-timer-02.txt
  Adam Roach brings up many issues with
  draft-ietf-sip-session-timer-02.txt.  No responses.

31 Jul 00: SIP Presence and Instant Messaging prototype
  Robert Sparks announces the availability of a prototype.

1 Aug 00: Change in SIP URL syntax
  Discussion of SIP URL syntax.  Questions about whether @ signs need to
  be escaped in URL parameters.  Resolution when Henning notes that @ is
  a reserved character and must be escaped.

2 Aug 00: Legal Loop Detection
  Hisham Khartabil brings up some text in the july 13th bis that says
  that a proy server must not send a request to a host already listed in
  the Via list, but this breaks legal loops.  Jonathan Rosenberg says
  this text must be removed.

1 Aug 00: IMPP:Following the long WG session
2 Aug 00: a proposal for a way to compromise? (really, not a joke)
  Two threads on IMPP and its involvement with SIP.   Neither bring up
  any issues with the SIP spec.

2 Aug 00: Comment on draft-moyer-sip-appliances-framework-00.txt
  Ben Campbell questions whether sip-appliances's RPC mechanism is
  appropriate for SIP.  This launches into a large discussion, none of
  which brings up any SIP open issues.

2 Aug 00: DTMF discussion from WG meeting
  Rohan Mahy discusses what he brought up at the IETF about DTMF digits
  in SIP.  Suggests using a SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY mechanism.

2 Aug 00: TIPHON SIP presentation on-line
  At http://pages.hotbot.com/edu/sijben/

2 Aug 00: Events mailing list
  At http://www.egroups.com/messages/sip-events

3 Aug 00: A universal problem with the t= line.
  Question about the t= line in SDP which only allows for 10 digits.
  Resolution is that nobody thinks this is a big problem.

3 Aug 00: How to locate a user?
  Question abotu SIP location servers.  No issues.

3 Aug 00: Further queries on SIP Draft
  Some questions were asked about the 00 bis, all of which Henning
  noted as being already clarified in the 01 bis.

3 Aug 00: What do we want with SIP?
  Some comments about the scope of SIP.  No replies and no issues.

3 Aug 00: SIP - Research
  Question about SIP and IP mobility research.  No issues.

3 Aug 00: More inconsistencies and questions
  Peter Kjellerstedt brougt up some issues with bis-01.  Some discussion
  about using the existing TCP connection for responses to transactions
  should be clarified in the spec.

4 Aug 00: Via header encryption and "received" parameter.
  Issue was brought up about hiding the via.  Jonathan Rosenberg notes
  that this was already clarified in bis-01.

3 Aug 00: QOS and SIP Questions...
  Question about QOS use and SIP.  No replies.

3 Aug 00 via headers required?
  Yes, Via is required.

4 Aug 00: SIP parser: newbie
  Question about using lexx/yacc with SIP.  No issues.

4 Aug 00: Authorization Header in PGP
  Authorization =  "Authorization" ":" "pgp" #pgp-response
  vs
  Authorization =  "Authorization" ":" "pgp"  1#pgp-response  ?
  Jonathan Rosenberg thinks it should be 1#

4 Aug 00: questions on SIP/SDP
  Some unanswered questions on how to use SDP to do various things.  No
  replies.  Compiler's note: SDP has many limitations.

4 Aug 00: received parameter is invalid
  Gethin Liddell notes that the proposed received=host[:port] is invalid
  since : is not a token.  Igor asks when the [:port] thing happend,
  since it won't really work.  Compiler's note: I think this was
  continued in another thread, since the [:port] thing definitely does
  not work.

4 Aug 00: SIP and World Domination
  Philosophical discussion about the scope of SIP.  No issues.

4 Aug 00: Keep it simple
  Well deserved warning to please keep SIP simple.  No issues.

-- 
Billy Biggs, 3Com               Email: [email-masked]
http://www.div8.net/billy/      Phone: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip