Subject: [SIP] Writing Sip Servers

From: Paul Duncan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:49:32 -0000

Apologies for my last subscribe post.

I have just written my own simple UA and a multi threaded "bear bones" sip
server which replies successfully to invites. At the moment the sip server
listens to a well known port and reads the contents of any UDP arriving
there.

Eventually we want to be providing services such as time of day routing
etc... And this is where I have trouble with the design. I want to write
these services as EJB's for scalability, but am unsure of the best way to
call them.  It seems like I need my sip server to parse the sip information
and decide which service to apply.  This means my sip server has to call an
ejb service. Does this sound a reasonable design?

Many thanks

Paul Duncan

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip