Subject: [SIP] Recovery mechanism for UA

From: "Wamorkar, Vivek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:19:17 -0500

What is the defined recovery mechanism for a User Agent if UA reboots and
wants to rejoin the existing session. Assuming that UA fails to successfully
log the session details. Given that proxy is stateful, can UA query the
proxy for its existing session.
-Comdial Research team.

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 01:50:26 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wamorkar, Vivek [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 12:19 PM
> To: [email-masked]'
> Cc: Zenone, Bruce; Wamorkar, Vivek; Rigaldies, Bertrand; 
> Lancaster, Cary
> Subject: [SIP] Recovery mechanism for UA
> 
> 

No. When session timer is used, the session can be refreshed. Its a
non-trivial exercise. Billy Biggs recently posted a mail summarizing some of
the requirements:
http://lists.bell-labs.com/pipermail/sip/2000q4/004186.html

I think it would be nice to see an I-D capturing all this. I don't think we
want to burden the sip spec with the details of doing this, and it needs to
be explored in more detail.

-Jonathan R.
---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com