Subject: [SIP] Preparing for the next meeting

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:49:30 -0500

Folks,

One thing has been clear - the amount of open issues on the list is large,
and growing. As Dean has indicated, we will be spending real, substantial
time on these issues during the meeting.

As we've done in past meetings, I need people to help me collect the open
issues that still need to be resolved. To that end, I request volunteers to
do the following:

1. comb the mails in the archives over a one week period
2. identify issues discussed that did not reach resolution
3. for each issue, put together two PPT slides that quickly state the issue,
state proposals made (if any). Send me these slides with a pointer to the
first mail on the subject in the archives.

Obviously issues span multiple weeks; thats OK. I'll just get multiple slide
sets for the same issues that will help give additional perspectives.

So, first step is volunteers. We need a lot. We need to comb the archives
since the last meeting. We didn't even address all the issues from two
meetings ago till the last, but at least I have slides on those issues and
can reuse ones discussing still-open issues. 

I will also post the list of issues to the mailing list (not an invitation
for discussion), to get people prepared thinking about solutions.

The criteria for volunteering is that you be reasonably clueful on SIP. If
you'd like to volunteer, please send me a note stating that. I'll assign you
a slot for a week. If you finish that and want another week to look at, you
can ask again (only once the first set of slides is handed to me) and you'll
get another if available. Slides are due back to me by next Friday.

All PPT slides should be without any kind of company logos or design
templates or anything. Blank, vanilla, PPT. I'll add an acknowledgement
slide at the end of the compiled set listing those who contributed.

So, start volunteering!

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip