Subject: [Sip] Open Issue #182: Removal of Appendix A

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:25:45 -0400

Folks,

Here is another open issue I would like quick resolution on.

I am proposing to remove Appendix A completely from bis. The reason is that
the required/optional capabilities of the protocol are already specified
throughout the document through the usage of MUST/MAY/SHOULD and so on.
Having additional requirements here will only repeat what is already above,
possibly just summarizing it. This introduces the possibility of
inconsistent strengths, which is a problem right now. So, to make things
consistent and avoid confusion, we should ditch it.

Anyone object?

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Bob Penfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 07:44:17 -0400

I'm OK with removing Appendix A. Are you still planning to make it a
separate draft?

(-:bob

Robert F. Penfield
Chief Software Architect
Acme Packet, Inc.
130 New Boston Street
Woburn, MA 01801
[email-masked]