Subject: RE: [Sip] SIP Testing

From: Anthony Wiles <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:17:22 +0200

Hi Vijaya,

Maybe the work that we are doing at ETSI is of interest to you. SIP is a
major component in 3G (ETSI is one of the 3GPP partners) and EP TIPHON (ETSI
Project: Telecommunications and Internet Protocol Harmonization Over
Networks). 

Please visit www.etsi.org for more info.

Many ETSI standards (GSM, 3G, HiperLan, TETRA, DECT, TIPHON, E-ISDN etc)
include (conformance) test specifications. We are currently producing the
conformance test specifications for SIP (bis4) for TIPHON Release 5. The
test spec. comprises two documents: 1) A set of informal (prose) test
purposes and 2) detailed code for each test purpose written in the testing
language TTCN-3. The TTCN-3 code can be compiled and executed over UDP/TCP
(some adaption software is needed for this).

We will soon have well over 300 test purposes. Work on the corresponding
TTCN-3 test cases started last week. The work is scheduled to be completed
by November/December this year. Currently, the test purposes focus on the
MUST requirements in the RFC. However, EP TIPHON expect to produce a profile
which will say how optional requirements (SHOULD, MAY) are to be handled in
the TIPHON context. When this happens the test suite will be updated
accordingly (early 2002).
 
It is anticipated that the TIPHON test suite will form the basis of a
similar one for 3G (but not until well into 2002).

I will gladly provide you with more details if you wish.

Regards
Anthony Wiles

__________________________________________
Anthony Wiles
Protocol and Testing Competence Centre (PTCC)
ETSI
Route des Lucioles
F-06921 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
FRANCE

tel:    +33 (0)4 92 94 43 87
gsm: +33 (0)6 85 41 72 75
fax:  +33 (0)4 92 38 52 87

http:/www.etsi.org/ptcc
__________________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Vijaya
Venkatachalam
Sent: mardi 18 septembre 2001 20:43
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] SIP Testing

Hi,

There has been a number of SIP bakeoff events to
test the interoperability of vendor X SIP implementation
with that of vendor Y.

Has a SIP Test Specifications been considered besides
the SIP interops?

Thanks,
Vijaya