Subject: [Sip] Subject policy

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:03:26 +0300

Hello folks,

As everybody has probably noticed, Jonathan has been sending a number of
emails to the mailing list with subjects like:

"[Sip] Open Issue #122: CANCEL on 200/600 strength"

This means that that thread is dealing with a bug that has to be fixed
in bis. Therefore, it should be top priority for the SIP WG, and thus
for the SIP mailing list. The idea is to have discussions about the bug,
reach consensus, and add or remove whatever is necessary from bis.

However, this task is very difficult if a thread has a certain subject
but deals with a related by definitively different problem. So, I would
encourage people to change the subject of the message when they are
making a related comment but they are not really discussing the main
problem. This would help distinguish discussions about bugs from
discussions about less important things and thus resolve bugs much
faster.

Regards,

Gonzalo
-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo                    Phone :   +1 212 939 71 71
Columbia University                  Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
472 Computer Science Building        Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
1214 Amsterdam Ave., Mail Code 0401  http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
New York, NY 10027                   
USA                              [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip