Subject: Re: [Sip] bis draft: Minor NIT on Supported header

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 16:31:59 -0500

Drage, Keith (Keith) wrote:

> The current text in bis-04 10.41 for the Supported header says:
> 
>    The Supported general-header field enumerates all the capabilities of
>    the client or server. This header field SHOULD be included in all
>    requests (except ACK) and in all responses.
> 
> There would seem to be little point in including this header in a 100 Trying
> response, and as I am coming to the conclusion that this is the only header
> required to appear apart from the normal mandatory ones, perhaps we should
> modify this text slightly to exclude the 100 Trying response.

According to bis-05, Supported appears:

(a) in any request when the UAC supports extensions,
(b) OPTIONS request and 200 response
(c) INVITE request and INVITE/200 response

I think this is reasoable.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 08:02:41 +0200

Hi,

>I think this is reasoable.

Would it be useful to allow it also in 18x provisional responses, IF
there at some stage will be some "pre-setup" actions that the UAC can
take depending on if the remote party supports it or not?

The same of course also go for headers like Allow (the UAC may need to
know if the remote party supports INFO, for example...), some
Accept-Xxx, etc...

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland