Subject: [Sip] Which components of req-uri are used for hash calculation

From: Shail Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:06:29 -0500

Which components of the request uri are included
for the transaction hash computation ?

In a specific instance, does

CANCEL sip:abcd@proxy;maddr=1.2.3.4 SIP/2.0

match 

INVITE sip:abcd@proxy SIP/2.0

assuming other relevant fields are same in
both requests.

Thanks,
Shail

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 02:54:06 -0500

> assuming other relevant fields are same in

Well, based on a strict reading of bis right now, they would match. 
Thats because the r-uri in the CANCEL has to equal that in the INVITE. 
SIP URL equality does not take maddr into account at the moment, so they 
would be equal. HOWEVER, I believe that this is wrong, and that maddr 
equality does need to be taken into account. After all, if we take port 
and transport into account, why not maddr?

All of this becomes OODLES easier with the new via branch ID. A CANCEL 
matches an INVITE when they have equal values of the branch ID, and 
thats it.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com