Subject: [Sip] Syntax questions regarding draft-ietf-sip-privacy-03.txt

From: "Joel Rosenfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:03:01 -0500

I have a few questions/concerns about the description of the new header
RPID-Privacy:

1)	Section 5.2 on page 11 defines the syntax of the header as follows:

     RPID-Privacy       = "RPID-Privacy" ":" 1*(";" rpid-privacy-token)
                                        ; rpi-privacy MUST be present

     rpid-privacy-token = rpi-pty-type | rpi-id-type | rpi-privacy

This would seem to infer that the first token should be preceded by a
semi-colon.

2)	Later on page 12, the following example is given:

     RPID-Privacy: rpi-privacy=full;party=calling;id-type=subscriber

Note that there is no initial semi-colon.  Furthermore, the definition of
rpi-privacy in Seciont 5.1, page 9 describes the following syntax:

     rpi-privacy        = "privacy" "="

                            ("full" | "name" | "uri" | "off" | token )
                            [ "-" ( "network" | token ) ]  )

Based upon these issues, should this example be written as follows?

     RPID-Privacy: ;privacy=full;party=calling;id-type=subscriber

3)	Finally, Section 7.1 on page 23 contains the following example:

       RPID-Privacy:    full

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:22:43 -0500

> This would seem to infer that the first token should be preceded by a

Oops -  I will correct this to not require the initial semi-colon.

>      RPID-Privacy: ;privacy=full;party=calling;id-type=subscriber

Yes (except for the initial semi-colon).

> 3)      Finally, Section 7.1 on page 23 contains the following example:

Right - that one is correct.

Thanks for the comments.

-- Flemming