Subject: [Sip] Open Issue #161 - called party usage of local outbound proxies wi th RR

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:02:19 -0500

bis-05 provides a recommendation of how to form a request-URI
when placing a request containing a Route header using a
default outbound proxy (DOP), especially when the UA placing the
request is DNS unaware. That recommendation was to use the
request-URI from the request that originated the dialog, and
not remove the topmost route.

That recommendation doesn't translate to the called party's side.
If the called party needs to place a subsequent request and is
similarly DNS challenged and uses a DOP, what does it use for
a request-URI.

The solution is that it uses the topmost Route header value in
the request-URI and leaves that tompost Route header value in
the request. It can then use the loop-avoidance algorithm to ensure
it doesn't induce a false loop-detect at the location that value
indicates.

For consistancy, the recommended behavior for the calling party
should be changed to match (open issue #284).

RjS

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip