Subject: [Sip] DEPRECATION WARNING: BYE without tags!!!!!!

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:46:42 -0500

Folks,

Bis-05 already mandates that a BYE come with tags in it. This means that 
a BYE sent instead of a CANCEL, before a dialog is created (early or 
otherwise) will not be processed. So, if you have a UAC that sends BYE 
instead of CANCEL before the 1xx, you will no longer be able to hang up 
a call in this acse to a bis compliant device.

This is open issue #325. I sent a note to the list on Jan 2 explaining 
this case, and got no replies. I am hoping to subject header will alert 
anyone that needs to speak up about this. I would be happy if we can 
keep the text in bis-05, but people need to be aware of this limitation.

THanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip