Subject: [Sip] rfc2543bis.05 Content-Disposition.

From: Purcell Michael-QA3001 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:09:34 -0700

In rfc2543bis.05 for the field, Content-Disposition field

Is it legal to execute "Re-INVITEs" with content-Disposition set to "icon", then "alert", then "session"?

Thanks Mike Purcell

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:22:49 -0500

Sending "alert" in a re-INVITE makes as much sense as a 180 response to 
a re-invite, which is not much sense at all (probably a no-op in both 
cases). Beyond that, you can put in a re-invite anything you could also 
put in the invite.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com