Subject: [Sip] [bis-05] Table 3 and the Supported header

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:25:54 -0000

In Table 3 of the bis-05 draft, the Supported header is included. 

In this table the entry for "Where" is missing.

In addition, the entry for "proxy" is blank.

The timer draft contains procedures for proxies looking at the contents of
the Supported header in a request, to see if the "timer" option-tag is
included. I therefore assume that at least for requests, there should be an
"r" in the proxy column.

If the "r" only applies for requests, then this header needs to be split
into two rows, identified in the Where column by "R" and "r" respectively.
If the behaviour is the same for both request and response, then the Where
column should contain the value "g".

Incidently, while the value "g" is used in this table, it is not defined in
the key at the start of the table.

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
Tel: +44 1793 776249
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:43:16 -0600

Keith,

The next version of bis will define that a blank in the "where" column
means the header may be present in both requests and responses, which I
believe is true for Supported.

I suppose that it should say "r" in the "proxy" column.  The noting of
"r" in this column is a leftover from when 2543 had a defined mechanism
for encrypting selected headers.  Since this mechanism is now gone,
perhaps this label is not needed.  On the other hand, it doesn't hurt
anything.

"g" for General header is no longer used and has been removed from
Tables 2 and 3.

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
sip:[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Drage,
Keith (Keith)
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 8:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] [bis-05] Table 3 and the Supported header

The timer draft contains procedures for proxies looking at the contents
of
the Supported header in a request, to see if the "timer" option-tag is
included. I therefore assume that at least for requests, there should be
an
"r" in the proxy column.

If the "r" only applies for requests, then this header needs to be split
into two rows, identified in the Where column by "R" and "r"
respectively.
If the behaviour is the same for both request and response, then the
Where
column should contain the value "g".

Incidently, while the value "g" is used in this table, it is not defined
in
the key at the start of the table.

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
Tel: +44 1793 776249
Email: [email-masked]