Subject: [Sip] Clarification regarding the resolution for bug #113 (Overlapping transactions)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:24:40 +0530

Hi all,

Need a clarification for the resolution that was done
for the Bug #113 (Overlapping transaction model).

The bugzilla closure entry for this bug reads:
(http://www.sipwg.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=113)

<snip>
However, a UA {\MAY} initiate a regular transaction while
an {\INVITE} transaction is in progress. A UA {\MAY} also
initiate an {\INVITE} transaction while a regular transaction
is in progress.
</snip>

My query is:

Can a UA initiate a regular transaction while another
regular transaction is ongoing? As mentioned (on the
same page), this is needed for multiple MESSAGEs by
the UAC without waiting for a response for the previous
messages. The new text that was added in Section 14.1
of bis-09 still seems to be unclear on this.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Siddharth.

--------------------
Siddharth Toshniwal @ Hughes Software Systems
http://www.hssworld.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:33:02 +0200

Hi,

Yes, you can overlap regular transactions. I believe this is not
prohibited anywhere in the spec... if you have found some text
prohibiting it, let us now and it will be removed.

Regards,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo                    Phone :   +1 212 939 71 71
Columbia University                  Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
472 Computer Science Building        Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
1214 Amsterdam Ave., Mail Code 0401  http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
New York, NY 10027                   
USA                              [email-masked]