Subject: [Sip] Reason draft WG item?

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 01:07:41 +0200

Hello,

when working on different SIP WG items, we have identified a common
piece of functionality that is needed in several scenarios. It makes no
sense to define the same funcionality several times, so we have defined
it in a separate stand-alone document:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-sip-reason-01.txt

This functionality has been found useful in the following WG items:

o ISUP/SIP mapping

o 155 responses to UPDATE, which are useful to solve the "heterogeneous
error response forking problem", which includes the migration from SDP
to SDPng (documented in an MMUSIC WG item:
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdpng-trans-00.txt)

o 3pcc

o manyfolks

Therefore, we would like ask the chairs and the WG to consider the
Reason phrase draft as a WG item.

Thanks,

Gonzalo
-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo                    Phone :   +1 212 939 71 71
Columbia University                  Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
472 Computer Science Building        Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
1214 Amsterdam Ave., Mail Code 0401  http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
New York, NY 10027                   
USA                              [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:28:02 -0600

The usual drill . . .active discussion of the draft on the list, consensus
to adopt, approval by the AD, setting a milestone, then we have a WG task.
It take it you'll want to have some discussion of this on the agenda at IETF
53.

--
Dean

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gonzalo Camarillo" <[email-masked]>
To: "sip" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Henning Schulzrinne" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Dean
Willis" <[email-masked]>; "Brian Rosenberg (EUS)"
<[email-masked]>; "Joerg Ott" <[email-masked]>;
"Allison Mankin" <[email-masked]>; "Jonathan Rosemberg"
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 5:07 PM
Subject: Reason draft WG item?

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 05:34:09 +0200

Hi,

> It take it you'll want to have some discussion of this on the agenda at IETF

Sure, you can add this item to the agenda. 

Thanks,

Gonzalo