Subject: [Sip] Question on UPDATE after INVITE completion

From: "Fuxbruner, Amihay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:44:11 +0200

What is the purpose of sending UPDATE after INVITE completion ?
Is this another way for re-INVITE ?

Thanks,

Amihay Fuxbruner
System Engineering - Signaling R&D
Comverse

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:43:18 +0200

Hello,

> Is this another way for re-INVITE ?

UPDATE involves only two messages, so it can be useful for saving
bandwidth. re-INVITE is still needed, though, because in some scenarios
you cannot provide an offer in the re-INVITE, and you have to wait for
an offer in the response. UPDATe does not support this
three-way-handshake.

Regards,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip