Subject: [Sip] re: Path as WG item

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:59:56 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Juha,

Assume:

REGISTER sip:home.org SIP/2.0
To: sip:[email-masked]
From: sip:[email-masked]

Are you suggesting:

1) Contact: <sip:[email-masked]?Route=xyz.com;lr>

2) Contact: <sip:[email-masked]>  with an additional registration to xyz.com
(if so, what credentials would I use to authenticate my request?)

3) something else

thanks,
-rohan

<jdr>
 > Path fills two needs, and you have omitted the second one. The second
 > one is so that INCOMING calls to me, can be routed from my home proxy
 > through an intermediate proxy that needs to be visited. I think this is
 > well within the scope of an extension to REGISTER, and I know of no
 > other alternative to solve it. This is needed for any kind of
 > visiting/roaming network where a local proxy needs to be visited for
 > incoming calls.
</jdr>

no i have not omitted that one.  i proposed that if i'm visiting in a
network xyz.com, then my home proxy can route incoming calls to the
proxy of xyz.com that in turn knows where to forward the message within
that network.

-- juha

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip