Subject: [Sip] To tag question

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:38:58 +0200

Hi,

A small issue on the To tag.

Chapter 8.2.6.2 says:

"If a request contained a To tag in the request, the To header field
   in the response MUST equal that of the request. However, if the To
   header field in the request did not contain a tag, the URI in the To
   header field in the response MUST equal the URI in the To header
   field; additionally, the UAS MUST add a tag to the To header field in

   the response (with the exception of the 100 (Trying) response, in
   which a tag MAY be present)."

Q1: I guess this is not the case for a response to CANCEL METHOD, where
the request didn't contain a To tag. Should it be mentioned in this
chapter?

Q2: I guess this is not the case for a response to BYE METHOD, where the
request didn't contain a To tag. Should it be mentioned in this chapter?

Q3: If an unknown method (eg "MYMETHOD") is received, without a To tag,
does the UAS really have to insert a tag in the 501 response? The UAS
will NEVER accept this method, so...

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip