Subject: [Sip] Question bis 07: "response retransmissions" for none-INVITE trans action

From: "Fuxbruner, Amihay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:18:59 +0200

Hi,
bis 07 section 17.1.2.2 for none INVITE Client Transaction says:
Once the client transaction enters the "Completed" state, it MUST set Timer
K to fire in T4 seconds for unreliable transports, and zero seconds for
reliable transports. The "Completed" state exists to buffer any additional
response retransmissions that may be received (which is why the client
transaction remains there only for unreliable transports). 
As far as I understand the only response retransmissions are for ACK in
INVITE transaction.
What is the meaning of "response retransmissions" for none-INVITE
transaction ?

Thanks, 

Amihay Fuxbruner
System Engineering - Signaling R&D
Comverse

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip