Subject: [Sip] Comments on SIP-URL grammar

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:42:55 +0530

Hi,
     In the draft it is said that the password field of userinfo can have
zero characters.
     If the user specifies ":" after the user field, why is it that zero
characters are
     allowed for the password field. Shouldn't it be one or more
characters?
     Similarly shouldn't it be one or more characters for the userfield
also.

             SIP-URL          =  "sip:" [ userinfo "@" ] hostport
                               url-parameters [ headers ]
             userinfo         =  [ user | telephone-subscriber [ ":"
password ]]
             user             =  *( unreserved | escaped | user-unreserved
)
             password         =  *( unreserved | escaped |
                               "
" | "=" | "+" | "$" | "," )

     According to the grammar the following examples are valid.
          sip:user:@myserver.com
          sip::[email-masked]

regards,
mohan

This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Ranjit Avasarala" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:54:55 -0600

Hi
   since in userinfo : is in [: it implies it is optional
 so sio url can be as sip:[email-masked]

 but I don't understand why password should have zero characters.

Regards
Ranjit 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 2:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Comments on SIP-URL grammar

Hi,
     In the draft it is said that the password field of userinfo can
have
zero characters.
     If the user specifies ":" after the user field, why is it that zero
characters are
     allowed for the password field. Shouldn't it be one or more
characters?
     Similarly shouldn't it be one or more characters for the userfield
also.

             user             =  *( unreserved | escaped |
user-unreserved

regards,
mohan

This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and
is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.
If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus.