Subject: [Sip] To tag with 16.6 Request Forwarding

From: "Ofir Arkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:55:31 -0000

Section 16.6 point 8 "Add a Via header field value":

It is suggested that a cryptographic hash will be used for the value in
the branch parameter used for loop detection.

The text suggests that computing a cryptographic hash of the To tag,
From tag, Call-ID header field, the Request-URI and the CSeq header
field will be done.

My question is the following:
When the proxy receives a request, an INVITE, the to field does not have
a tag yet...?

Or am I am getting this wrong?

Ofir Arkin 

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:25:06 -0500

> Or am I am getting this wrong?

An initial INVITE won't. A re-INVITE will. If its there, hash it. If its
not, don't.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com