Subject: [Sip] question on NOTIFY

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:31:21 -0500

Hi,

I have questions on the NOTIFY usage when subscriptions are provisioned on
SIP UAs via means other than using SUBSCRIBE.

Suppose the notifier and the subscriber (SIP user) are provisioned with
static dialog ID and Event information.
Suppose there is a state change, so the notifier sends a NOTIFY with the
dialog ID and Event header, and the request-URI containing the SIP URL of
the user. The NOTIFY is eventually sent to the user's domain proxy server
which realizes that the user is registered at three UAs. In this case,
would the proxy server fork NOTIFY to three UAs and apply the same response
processing as normal (like INVITE forking)? If the proxy server
record-routes the NOTIFY, the notifer will not honor it because NOTIFY is
not dialog creating method. Also, if the UAs put Contact in 200 response to
NOTIFY, the notifier will not honor the contact address because NOTIFY is
not a target refreshing method. Is this understanding correct? Any comments
on this mechanism?

Thanks,
YoungSun

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip