Subject: [Sip] Question on Locating SIP Servers -06

From: "George Foti (LMC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:43:43 -0500

Section 4.2 Determining Port and IP.
Quoting the last paragraph.

"If no SRV records were found, the client performs an A or AAA record lookup
of the domain name. The result will be a list of IP addresses each of which
can be contaced at the specific port from the URI and transport protocol
determined previously."

Doesn't that leave the case where transport and ports are unspecified with
an undefined tagert port. The target transport will be found through a
combination of NAPTR & SRV queries.  
It is unclear where the port, refered in the text above, will be derived
from ? 

/gf

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip