Subject: [Sip] Can NOTIFY request fork ?

From: Francois Lessing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:48:33 -0800

Hi,

I have been looking at non-SUBSCRIBE  mechanisms to create
subscriptions and it seems that the use of such mechanisms mandates
the possibility of forking behavior for NOTIFY requests.

My reasoning is as follows:
The draft allows for non-SUBSCRIBE mechanisms to create
subscriptions.

This means that a NOTIFY request has to be sent without a
dialog being estblished (or at least one cannot assume that
the user defined mechnism will create a dialog).

If the NOTIFY has to be sent without a dialog being established,
a proxy may fork the request.

Is there something I missed ?

--
Francois Lessing
Trillium Digital Systems, a division of Intel Corporation
Los Angeles, USA
Tel: +1 310 481 5937
Fax: +1 310 481 5558

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip