Subject: [Sip] Processing CANCEL request at UAS

From: Dinesh N <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:14:09 +0530

Hi,

    In section 9.2 of bis-09, it has been mentioned to refer section
17.2.3 to
find/match the transaction to be cancelled.

    And in section 17.2.3, there is no specific description to match the
CANCEL requests
to the transaction created by the original request. Hence handling the
CANCEL requests
will fall into the following place of section 17.2.3.

3527  "For all other request methods, a request is matched to a
transaction
   if the Request-URI, To tag, From tag, Call-ID Cseq (including the
   method), and top Via header field match those of the request that
   created the transaction. "

    And this matching will only detect the retransmission of CANCEL
requests since
the method in Cseq is also compared. So how the CANCEL request will be
matched
to the original request (say INVITE transaction)?

Thanks,
Dinesh

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip