Subject: [Sip] bis-09 references non existing definition.

From: "Christian Jansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:03:20 +0100

17.2.3 Matching Requests to Server Transactions, line 3520:
"Matching is done based on the matching rules defined for
each of those header fields."

But there is no matching rule defined for the Via header.
Maybe there should be one.

 ----------------------
 Christian Jansson
 Hotsip AB
 Barnhusgatan 16 
 111 23 Stockholm
 Tel: 08 454 05 04
 Mob: 0739 888 163
----------------------

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:55:25 -0500

> Maybe there should be one.

Right, thats an omission. However, its a fairly obvious matching rule,
which is that all fields in each need to match. We'll log it for later
handling, whatever we decide to do.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com