Subject: [Sip] Matching request/responses to transactions

From: Titty Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:40:00 +0530

Hi,

        I have a couple of queries on matching requests/responses to
server/client transactions.

        As per sec 17.1.3 and 17.2.3  for finding the transaction
handlers, comparisons of
        From, Call-ID, CSeq, Via, To and Request-URI headers are
required.

        1. Why comparisons of so many headers are required to figure out
the cleint/server transaction?

        2. Cant we do it with only Call-ID and CSeq header as this form
a unique pair?

        If this was already discussed in the list, pointers to that
will be very helpful.

TIA,
-- Titty

--
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.