Subject: [Sip] Questions to draft-undery-sip-auth-00.txt

From: "Steffen Fries" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:32:41 +0100

Hi James,

within the current bis draft, the Authentication-Info header 
may only be sent in 2xx responses. The SIP Digest 
Authentication draft does not state this limitation explicitly. 
Is the intension to provide the Authentication-Info for every 
response, not only 2xx. If not, what would be the reason? 

By including the Authentication-Info header in all responses, 
one could already provide protection against some denial of 
service attacks (despite tzhe fact, that the draft states that 
these types of attacks are not countered)

Regards
	Steffen

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip