Subject: [Sip] Consensus poll on draft-ietf-sip-privacy-04.txt

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 15:31:34 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Hi Folks,

The SIP chairs asked me to poll the group to see how much consensus (or
lack thereof) we have on the current text in the -04  privacy draft
(available on the supplemental web site).

This draft has been a working group item for long time, and most of the
recent list discussion has been about extensibility and applicability.
Please provide your feedback quickly so the SIP chairs can gauge the
consensus of the group.

Do you think this document is ready for working group last call?
If not, please briefly describe why not.

Would you object to publication of this document with the draft content
essentially intact?  (assume a thorough NITS review, possible formatting
or readability changes).  If so, please summarize your objections
(briefly).

Many thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Chris Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 19:00:57 -0600

I believe that this draft covers alot of necessary and relevant areas
for SIP regarding interdomain traffic and provides a good framework to
address the issues of topology hiding, call ID and privacy as defined by
the draft. Many vendors are developing methods that can provide the
anonymizing features mentioned in this draft today using either B2BUA
functionality or Firewall ALG functionality that is SIP capable and
which provides the functionality of topology hiding for both media and
SIP.

I am in support of this draft.

Chris.