Subject: [Sip] WGLC for Replaces header

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 17:31:41 -0500

I'd like to request Working Group Last Call for the Replaces header.

The current vesion is availabe at:

http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/drafts/draft-ietf-sip-replaces-01.txt

Or

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-replaces-01.txt

We'd like to clos WGLC by about May 21.

Please copy responses to the list and to Rohan Mahy, who will coordinate
further edits.

--
Dean Willis

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 10:50:31 +0300

Hi:

I've been taking a look at the Replaces-01, and I have a question
regarding the formal syntax. The syntax is defined as:

      Replaces         = "Replaces" HCOLON replaces-values
                          *(COMMA replaces-values)

      replaces-values  = callid *( SEMI replaces-param )
      callid           = token [ "@" token ]
      replaces-param   = to-tag | from-tag | extension-param
      to-tag           = "to-tag" EQUAL ( UUID | "*" )
      from-tag         = "from-tag" EQUAL UUID
      extension-param  = token [ EQUAL ( token | quoted-string ) ]

The question is where is defined the "UUID" that appears in the to-tag
and the from-tag??? I didn't find it in either RFC 2234 nor in RFC 3261?
I guess they should be replaces by a "token".

On the other hand, you seem to re-define "callid", which is already defined
in RFC 3261. For some reason this I-D does not see RFC 3261 when expanding
the ABNF, so I would suggest the following text:

3.2 Formal Syntax

   The following syntax specification uses the augmented Backus-Naur
   Form (BNF) as described in RFC-2234 [4] and the Augemented BNF extensions
   defined in section 25 of RFC 3261 [1].

      Replaces         = "Replaces" HCOLON replaces-values
                          *(COMMA replaces-values)

      replaces-values  = callid *( SEMI replaces-param )
      replaces-param   = to-tag | from-tag | extension-param
      to-tag           = "to-tag" EQUAL ( token| "*" )
      from-tag         = "from-tag" EQUAL token
      extension-param  = token [ EQUAL ( token | quoted-string ) ]

As you can see, there is not definition of callid (it is in RFC 3261) and the 
to-tag and from-tag are now tokens.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel-Angel Garcia                     Oy LM Ericsson AB
                                        Jorvas, Finland
mailto:[email-masked]     Phone:  +358 9 299 3553
mailto:[email-masked]        Mobile: +358 40 5140002