Subject: [Sip] Expert Review: draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-01.txt

From: "Henrikson, Eric H (Eric)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:54:34 -0500

Attached is revision 01 of the original-dialog-id draft.

Please return comments by May 10, 2002.

Thank you.
Eric Henrikson

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Willis [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 6:38 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 'Allison
Mankin'; Drage, Keith (Keith); Henrikson, Eric H (Eric)
Subject: Expert Review: draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-00.txt

The SIP working group has been asked to provide expert review of
draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id. This documents a P-header used
in 3GPP to associate dialogs across a 3GPP application server acting as
a back-to-back user agent.

We'd like to complete expert review by May 10, 2002.

Please copy your comments to the list and to Keith Drage and Eric
Henrikson, who will coordinate responses and edit the draft
apporpriately.

Thanks,

--
Dean Willis

---

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 00:37:15 -0500

The proxy doesn't correlate it. The billing system correlates, using the
"original call ID"

For example:

Here's an example:

You go through an S-CSCF, through an anonymizer AS and out to a partner
company (but we still want you to be anonymized from them so they don't
send you spam later) for gateway services. The partner company sends
charging records back. We want to be able to correlate the charging
records (keyed by OrigID) with the records written by the S-CSCF.
Actually, I just realized that this anonymization trick would be useful
for statistical "blind sampling" of the veracity of a partner's billing
system. You heard it first here folks!

DCS had a very similar header called the DCS billing ID or something
like that.

--
Dean

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
To: "Henrikson, Eric H (Eric)" <[email-masked]>; "Dean Willis"
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 10:55 PM
Subject: RE: [Sip] Expert Review:
draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-01.txt

>
> I don't understand why the proxy, P1, that sent the call to the AS (a
> B2BUA), would need to correlate the call that came back from the AS
with the
> original call that P1 sent to the AS. Are there any requirements of
what we
> are trying to solve here?
>
>
> > From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> > Henrikson, Eric H (Eric)
> > Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 9:55 AM
> > To: Dean Willis; [email-masked]
> > Mankin'; Drage, Keith (Keith)
> > Subject: [Sip] Expert Review:
> > draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-01.txt
> >
> >
> > Subject: Expert Review:
draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-00.txt
> > Henrikson, who will coordinate responses and edit the draft

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:55:05 -0700

I don't understand why the proxy, P1, that sent the call to the AS (a
B2BUA), would need to correlate the call that came back from the AS with the
original call that P1 sent to the AS. Are there any requirements of what we
are trying to solve here?