Subject: Re: [Sip] update to UPDATE

From: "Kowsalya Subramanian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 10:40:21 +0530

Jonathan,

> The changes:
>
> * excised 155, herfp, reason stuff

I understand that now UPDATE can only be used to update session parameters.
But If the "155 - Update Requested" contains reason-code as one of 401, 416,
420, 423,how will that be handled?

Thanks
Kowsalya

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 04:02:58 -0400

> 420, 423,how will that be handled?

An extension will specify how to use UPDATE to handle this case. That
extension will define the 155 response code as well.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com