Subject: [Sip] Multicast Registrations

From: "Krishnaswamy, Pavitra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 23:03:19 -0700

Hi,

I have a question about multicast registrations. 

What is the exact purpose of a multicast registration? Is it only meant for
discovery of Registrars when a UA doesn't have this information or does it
have any other meaning/use? In a UA implementation, does the multicast
registration have to be refreshed periodically? If yes, won't it cause
traffic issues on the network (more so if the expires header for the
registration request is small). Would really appreciate any input on this
issue.

Thanks in advance,
pavitra

Pavitra Krishnaswamy
Trillium, An Intel Company
12100 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
http://www.trillium.com
[email-masked]            

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip