Subject: [Sip] Comments :draft-ietf-sip-replaces-01.txt (Re-post)

From: "Sriram Parameswar"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:04:27 -0500

Hi,

I had sent these comments prior to the Las Vegas Ad-Hoc, have not seen any
of discussion on this draft on the list. Just re-posting one more time.

Regards,

Sriram

__________________________________________
Sriram Parameswar              Phone: 972-685-8540
Nortel Networks

Rohan,

Some comments:

(1)Section 4.1 says "In other words the to-tag is compared to the local tag,
and the from-tag is compared to the remote tag." However in section 5.2
INV/200 estalish from-tag (operator) = 7743 and to-tag (Call Center) = 6472.
However the call from the customer to Call Center has
Replaces:[email-masked];to-tag=7743;from-tag=6472, thus the Call
Center will _not_ be able to match correctly based on sections 4.1 rule.

(2) Section 5.2 the NOTIFY sent to from Customer to Operator when the
Customer receives 182 (Queued). Then this transaction is BYE'd. Now we
_cannot_ send another NOTIFY/200 from Customer to Operator as shown - it
will result in a 481.

(3) Same for section 5.7 (and section 5.8) - once Bob gets a 687, he BYE's
the call with Alice. Then at the bottom of call Flow, Alice tries to send a
NOTIFY for the REFER, this will result in a 481.

(3) Section 5.8 Invite from Proxy (forking Alice) INVITE (2a) and (2b) goes
to C1. I think INVITE (2b) should go to C2.

(4) Section 5.6, just for grins, how does Alice get the Replaces information
to replace the dialog between Bob and Old Timer :).

Thats what I have from my initial reading.

Sriram 

__________________________________________
Sriram Parameswar              Phone: 972-685-8540
Interactive Multimedia Server (IMS) Fax: 972-684-3986
Nortel Networks, Richardson USA  Email: [email-masked]