Subject: [Sip] Alert to Version Number Issue: I-D ACTION:draft-willis-sip-path-06.txt

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:20:35 -0500

Somehow I got out of synch with the Internet-Drafts list, and my path
-07 got announced as -06 and my -06 didn't get announced at all. Oops.

Way forward: I have reset the softarmor site to match IETF. The
"unannounced" version -06 is in the morgue area as -06a. The version
currently posted is officially version -06, and has been amended to
match.

A new version -07 containing final changes should be forthcoming, so the
whole thing becomes only a matter of historical interest anyhow.

--
Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 6:12 AM
To: IETF-Announce:
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-willis-sip-path-06.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: SIP Extension for Registering Non-Adjacent
Contacts
	Author(s)	: D. Willis, B. Hoeneisen
	Filename	: draft-willis-sip-path-06.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 14-May-02
	
The REGISTER function is used in a SIP system primarily to associate a
temporary contact address with an address-of-record.  This contact is
generally in the form of a URI, such as Contact:
<sip:[email-masked]> and is generally dynamic and associated
with the IP address or hostname of the SIP UA.  The problem is that
network topology may be that there are one or more SIP proxies between
the UA and the registrar, such that any request travelling from the
user's home network to the registered UA must traverse these proxies.
The REGISTER method does not give us a mechanism to discover and record
this sequence of proxies in the registrar for future use.  This document
defines an extension header field, 'Path' which provides such a
mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-willis-sip-path-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-willis-sip-path-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-willis-sip-path-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-willis-sip-path-06.txt