Subject: [Sip] Proposal to move forward on privacy and network identity

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:01:18 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Hi Folks,

We reached a proto-consensus at the interim meeting.  I wanted to poll the
list for consensus on this proposal.

Proposal:
Adopt draft-watson-sipping-nai-reqs as a WG item in SIPPING (short-term
requirements for network asserted ID)  (I sent a separate mail to SIPPING
on this).

Adopt draft-peterson-sip-privacy-longterm as a WG item in SIP for generic
privacy.

Replace draft-ietf-sip-privacy-04.txt with
draft-jennings-sipping-nai-00.txt as a reduced-scope solution for network
asserted ID in trusted networks.

Adopt draft-peterson-sip-identity as a WG item in SIP for a generic
solution to 3rd-party cryptographic assertions of identity.

Jon Peterson, Mark Watson, and Cullen Jennings work to document a
mechanism to provide for a gateway between the "trusted network" and
"cryptographically signed" models of network asserted identity.  Both
mechanisms would use a "Network-Asserted-ID" header.

Comments?

thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip