Subject: [Sip] Header comparision

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:41:30 +0300

Hi,

I have a small clarification question on To- and From header
comparision.

Chapter 8.2.6.2 says:

"The From field of the response MUST equal the From header field of
the request."

Later in the chapter it explains the use of tags.

However, there is nothing said (not in the URI comparision chapter
either) about the "<" and ">" characters, so my question is:

If the UAC doesn't include "<" and ">" in the request, and the UAS DOES
include them in the response, is it a protocol error?

example:

Request:

To: [email-masked]

Response:

To: <[email-masked]>

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip