Subject: [Sip] To and From header contents

From: "Valerie Kenneally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:57:16 -0000

Hi all,

	In RFC 3261 in section 12.2.1.1 Generating the Request, it states

"Usage of the URI from the To and From fields in the original request within
subsequent requests is done for backwards compatibility with RFC 2543, which
used the URI for dialog identification.  In this specification, only the
tags are used for  dialog identification.  It is expected that mandatory
reflection of the original To and From URI in mid-dialog requests will be
deprecated in a subsequent revision of this specification."

Is this likely to happen?  If so what would the To and From URIs be replaced
with?
Some feedback on this issue asap would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Valerie Kenneally

-------------------Legal  Disclaimer---------------------------------------

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip