Subject: RE: [Sip] RequestUri to Host Matching and proxy servers

From: "Sean Olson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 15:04:46 -0800

There are several applications that fit this description. An outbound
proxy is just one of them.
I think the text you propose for this setting is fine. I would also be
fine with making this a UA only
setting.

my two cents,
sean

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Jean-Francois Mule
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 8:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kevin; Jean-Francois Mule; Kavitha
Subject: [Sip] RequestUri to Host Matching and proxy servers

Updating the sip mib ID with Kevin & Kavitha, we have a quick question
re: Request-URI and host matching for proxy servers.  Is there any
application where not requiring request-uri host matching makes sense
for a proxy? We thought about the outbound proxy case where requests are
usually targetted for external proxies, therefore request-uri to host
matching may potentially not be the default action.

We have a sipRequestUriHostMatching mib object (true/false value) that
is currently applicable to UAs and proxies and we're wondering whether
to keep it as a common configuration object or move it to the UA config
section of the mib.

Additionally, if request-URI to host matching is enforced, is it ok for
the object description to state something like: "If the value of this
object is 'true', then the server requires a match, and if the
RequestURI doesn't match the server's host name, a Location Service may
be used to obtain information about a callee's possible location(s) or a
404 Not Found status code is returned by the server."

Thanks,
Jean-Francois.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip