Subject: [Sip] Question on draft-schulzrinne-sip-register-01

From: "Rajarshi Chakraborty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 05:18:34 +0000

Hi,

The draft in reference to which I have a doubt has already expired long back 
(October 2001). So are questions in reference to outdated drafts entertained 
in these mailing lists? It would help me a lot if someone responds to this 
email.
My doubt is regarding the second model of registration called "Outbound 
proxy intercept"...

It has been proposed in this model that the foreign outbound proxy must 
maintain a temporary ID for the visiting mobile host. But who is supposed to 
store this ID?

Also I understand that the Local proxy will only forward the register msg to 
the Local registrar only after it receives a 200 OK from the home proxy, 
either with local proxy's contact or with the real local contact. But what 
about the SIP URI in the To and From headers of the regiater msg that the 
local proxy will forward to the local registrar?

If A is the home proxy's domain and B is the local proxy's domain and 1000 
is the user name, would the SIP URI in the To and From header of this 
register msg be
1000%40A@B ? Ofcourse the SIP URI in the register msg that is forwarded to 
the home proxy should be 1000@A. I guess the canonical visitor name is 
useful for the local proxy to handle incoming requests meant for the 
visiting mobile host. But for the Register I think the ID corresponding to 
the visiting host should be 1000%40A, i.e. the first part. This has not been 
mentioned in the draft. Or is it
supposed to be understood from the way the model has been proposed in the 
draft?

regards,
Rajarshi

Rajarshi Chakraborty
B-196, IIT Campus,
Kharagpur,
West Bengal, India
PIN-721302

_________________________________________________________________
Looking for love? Yearning for friendship? http://www.msn.co.in/Romance/ 
You're in the right place

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip