Subject: [Sip] Using SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY in mobility

From: "Rajarshi Chakraborty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:27:02 +0000

Hi,

This mail is kind of a follow-up to the earlier mail where I posted a couple 
of doubts regarding registration models in draft-schulzrinne-register-01. In 
the second design called "Outbound proxy intercept", could we not use 
SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY between the mobile user agent and the outbound proxy 
server in the foriegn domain to indicate the former's departure from that 
domain into some other domain? And this would be followed by the local 
registrar unbinding the temporary canonical ID of the mobile host just upon 
receiving the NOTIFY, if it is co-located with the local proxy or the latter 
could send a de-register to the registrar if not co-located with it. 
According to this design the mobile host doesn't register with the foreign 
proxy/registrar. Hence I think SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY would be of good use. The 
local proxy would SUBSCRIBE to the mobile user agent, and just before the 
latter departs it sends a NOTIFY back to the local proxy. Is this feasible?

regards,
Rajarshi

Rajarshi Chakraborty
B-196, IIT Campus,
Kharagpur,
West Bengal, India
PIN-721302

_________________________________________________________________
Dress up your desktop! Get the best wallpapers. 
http://server1.msn.co.in/msnchannels/Entertainment/wallpaperhome.asp Just 
click here!

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip