Subject: [Sip] New I-D on callee capabilities

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:54:05 -0400

Folks,

You may have noticed that I posted a new I-D on SIP callee capabilities:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-callee-caps-00.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-callee-caps-00.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-callee-caps-00.html

This represents one half of the split of the former caller preferences 
spec. The above draft considers only capabilities - setting the 
contact parameters in REGISTER, OPTIONS, target refresh requests.
Functionally, there is no change from the capabilities aspects of 
caller-prefs-08. The document is substantially reorganized, however, 
and I think reads pretty well.

The reason for the split was that we believed (and I still do 
believe), that we are going to continue to have a tough time with the 
caller preferences piece. However, several key documents are blocked 
on a reference to callerprefs. By doing this split, we can move 
forward quickly with the capabilities doc. Most of the current docs 
blocked on a reference are actually blocked on the capabilities piece. 
  So, they will be able to proceed as well.

Comments/questions welcome as always.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip