Subject: [SIP] Replaces header and REFER

From: Werkstudent8 SAL <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:38:49 +0200

From: "Stefan Mecke" <[email-masked]>

Hi all, 

I have a question about draft-ietf-sip-replaces-03.txt:
Section 2 says:
   ... the Replaces header is
   frequently used in combination with the REFER [4] method ...

but section 3 contains:
   ... if
   a Replaces header field is present in a request other than INVITE,
   the UAS MUST reject the request ..

I think it makes a lot of sense to allow replaces with REFER; e.g. in the
call park scenario you could have a web page with all call and make a "click
to retrieve from park" to have it on your desk phone.
And that is similar to what's described in
draft-ietf-sipping-cc-transfer-01.txt, although I have a notion that there
is some difference but I don't manage to get it out of the draft. 

Thanks

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:46:28 +0200

>    frequently used in combination with the REFER [4] method ...

it is frequently used in combination with the REFER method, by 
embedding the Replaces header in the Refer-To URI.   The Replaces 
header NEVER appears in the header section of a REFER request.

> is some difference but I don't manage to get it out of the draft.

check out draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples

this draft describes several solutions including call park/retrieve.

thanks,
-rohan