Subject: [Sip] about communication requirement.

From: "ÖZGE GÜNER" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:32:29 +0400

Hello,
I am interested in networked appliace control. So I started to examine
the requirements for networked appliances control. 
I read the draft-tsang-appliances-reqs-01.txt draft, but I could not
understand this requirement that is under "Communication Protocol
Requirements" category : 
 "   
   6.1  The communication protocol must provide a flexible payload 
   capability which will allow the transport of commands to, and 
   responses from, individual NAs or classes of NAs.  More explicitly, 
   there must be a separation of transport and data. 

 "
 I could not undertand what "seperation of transport and data" means?

 What I understood from these sentences is that, since the networked
appliaces have wide range of functionality, the payload must be flexible
enough to define the data or commands for each aplliance easily. is it
right?

 I know SIP is convenient for appliance control but at least could you
please tell me how can it fulfill this requirement?     

Thanks,

Ozge Guner
Anadolu University / TURKIYE

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip