Subject: [Sip] Rewriting URI in the Record-Route header by Proxy when working w ith TLS

From: Adi Even-Tzur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:22:35 +0300

Hello,

According to RFC3261 section 16.7.8:
"If the proxy received the request over TLS, and sent it out over a non-TLS
connection, the proxy
MUST rewrite the URI in the Record-Route header field to be a SIPS URI. If
the proxy received the
request over a non-TLS connection, and sent it out over TLS, the proxy MUST
rewrite the URI in the
Record-Route header field to be a SIP URI."

consider the following scenario:

A request is received by the proxy, over TLS, but with Request URI of "SIP"
(and not with "SIPS", for example the request was sent over TLS due to DNS
resolution).
The proxy generate a request without a SIPS URI in the Request URI or
topmost Route, so the proxy insert a Record-Route header that is not a SIPS
URI.
The response is received over UDP (or TCP) and sent over TLS.
 
My question is:  when the response is received, should the proxy rewrite the
Record-Route header from SIP URI to SIPS URI ? 

Regards,
Adi Even Tzur.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip