Subject: RE: [Sip] draft-ietf-resource-priority-01 draft

From: "Gunn, Janet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:54:14 -0400

I am a little confused by this paragraph in section 2 (immediately after the
enumeration of the ways in which the resource priority header can be used).

  "This header field is related to, but differs in semantics from, the
   Priority header field (RFC 3261 [2], Section 20.26).  The Priority
   header field describes the priority that the SIP request should have
   to the receiving human or its agent. For example, it may be factored
   into decisions about call routing and acceptance.  While it does not
   directly influence the forwarding behavior of IP routers or the use
   of communications resources such as packet forwarding priority,
   procedures for using this header to cause such influence may be
   defined in other documents."

Does the "it" in the third and fourth refer to the "Resource Priority
Header" or the "Priority Header"?  Logically, it would seem to mean the RPH
(in the fourth sentence, if not the third).  But syntactically, it seems to
mean the PH.

I think it is just an editing nit.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Mark Watson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:55:46 +0100

Henning,

It may not have been intentional, but I read a slight implication in the
draft that the authorisation decision (whether a method should be afforded
the priority requested) was based just on the identity of the caller.

I think it would be useful to clarify somewhere that other things may be
taken into account as well, such as the requested destination.

Regards...Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Schulzrinne [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 28 July 2003 19:10
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-resource-priority-01 draft

The revised version of the draft, based on discussions in Vienna, is now 
in the archives. I would appreciate comments

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-resource-priority-01.txt

Thanks.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip