Subject: [Sip] SIP MIB-07: SipFTRSupportedTable - is it just for Proxy/Proxy-Req uire?

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:38:02 -0500

There has been previous discussion on the purpose and intent of this table
(defined on page 24 of the -07 version of the draft).  Tom Taylor in his
comments on the -03 was questioning whether this should not also handle the
Allow (for methods) and Accept (for media types). This was also Dan's A5
comment from his posting on the -05 version:
"A5 - sipFtrSupportedtable - I am questioning if these table design is
correct. Are the features similar (identically supported) for a multiple
entity (like a proxy and a registrar) which would generate just one row in
this table" 

Right now, it's confusing because the current description only talks about
the Require and Proxy-Require headers, however, section 19.2 which is the
reference given to RFC 3261 also includes the Supported (and Unsupported)
header.  Also, it should be noted that section 19.2 discusses the change in
SIP requiring IANA registration of all the option tags. Thus, my suggestion
would be to change the description to be consistent with 19.2, also
including the Supported option tags.  And, per Dan's Comment, these headers
do not apply equally to each of the entities, so one does question whether
the format of this table is suitable. 

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip