Subject: [Sip] About Invite Server transaction

From: "Anil Bollineni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:28:38 -0700

Hi, 

            Assume 100, 200 responses are sent from UAS to client, and
they are lost. Then INVITE is retransmitted to UAS. As soon as UAS send
200 OK it destroys the server transaction. Per UAS, the dialog state is
already created after sending 200 response. If INVITE is passed to TU
from transport layer, then how this INVITE is been treated as
retransmission of INVITE, since the TU, will  not able to match any
existing dialog (since no to-tag in INVITE), and will it treat as a new
call. Is the assumption correct? Or where in RFC this scenario will be
treated.

Thanks,

Anil

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Dale Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:40:50 -0400

> From: Anil Bollineni

I believe that the correct handling is that the transport layer will
discover that it is a retransmission of the original INVITE because of the
Via branch-parameter, etc.  So the transport layer will re-send its 200
response, and not notify the TU.

Dale