Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-04

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:30:31 -0400

Hey Rohan,

Section 3 requirement 1 of draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-04 mentions that the
reuse mechanism should allow connections to be reused for responses.  As the
draft mentions, other SIP RFCs allow responses to be sent over the received
connection.  However if the connection is down, a sent-by connection is
created or re-used.

If I understand sip-connect-reuse correctly, the draft currently only allows
an "alias" connection to be found and used when sending requests.

Should the draft be modified (or potentially more clearly documented) to
allow another "alias" connection for the sent-by be used to send responses
when the received connection no longer exists?

-brett

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip