Subject: [Sip] querry about PRACK

From: ayan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:59:16 +0530

hi,
 in a 3gpp call flow session establishment scenario.
if we receive the 200 Ok for the INVITE and send the ACK,
before we receive a 200 OK for PRACK that we send for 180 Ringing,
we keep retransmitting the PRACK until we receive a 200 OK for it.
 but from an application stand point once we've acknowledged the 200 Ok for
invite,
we needn't retransmit PRACK.
is there any way we can stop it and yet comply with 3261/3262?
  thnx in advnce.
/ayan
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Retesh Chadha <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:45:23 +0530

Hi Ayan

By retransmissions of PRACK, if you are referring to retransmissions by the
transaction layer for UDP (thats the standard for all transactions), than
since PRACK is a separate transaction, it should be responded back, and if
it times out Call should be released. And according to the standard this
retransmission of PRACK is not stopped, based on the final response to
INVITE.

But, if 3gpp defines retransmissions of PRACK, irrespective of the
transport, let me know the reference, for the same.

Rgds
Retesh

             ayan                                                          
             <[email-masked]                                             
             om>                                                        To 
             Sent by:                  [email-masked]                        
             sip-bounces@ietf.                                          cc 
             org                                                           
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Sip] querry about PRACK            
             09/27/2005 01:59                                              
             PM                                                            

             Please respond to                                             
                   ayan                                                    
             <[email-masked]                                             
                    om>                                                    

hi,

thnx in advnce.
/ayan

***********************  FSS-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."