Subject: [Sip] Comment on draft-willis-sip-answeralert-01

From: "MARJOU Xavier RD-MAPS-LAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:59:37 +0200

Hi,

When reading Req-5 with "some sorts of emergency session", I understand
that an "emergency mass alert" is a candidate use-case. 

Thus, in section 6, I suggest a new value for the Alert-Mode header
field: "Amplified" so that as many people as possible are alerted (e.g.
an amplified ring tone). In this case, a UAS could also decide to
increase the volume of audio.

This also brings some potential new requirements for the ECRIT WG: 
- Need for a Public Safety Calling Point?
- Need for the emergency callee to use the "emergency identifier" to
identify an emergency context (in addition of course to the already
mentioned authentication)?

Xavier

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip