Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-04: alias interaction with RFC 3263

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:34:15 -0400

Draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-04 section 4 provides an example indicating
that the alias check can occur after using NAPTR to identify the transport.

If NAPTR record is found, should the replacement be used for the alias
query?  If so, I assume the scheme and transport prefix needs to be removed
when performing the alias check.

If no NAPTR record is found, should an alias check occur prior to performing
a query for TCP records?

If no alias found, should an alias check occur for the SRV target?  And if
so, should the check include the port?

If still no alias found, should an alias check occur for the IP-address
indicated by the A-record?  And if so, should the check include the port
resulting from SRV record?

The current draft uses the port as part of the alias ("advertised address").
Should the default ports be included within the alias matching process?  For
instance, should host1 equal host1:5060?  If these are not equal, multiple
connections might be created when the including/excluding default port is
not consistent between devices trying to share 1 connection.

Nit concerning the example NAPTR record within section 4, I assume
proxy-farm-a was intended to be part of the replacement value.

Thanks in advance for a response,
Brett Tate

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip