Subject: [Sip] XCAP Root service name doubt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:41:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

XCAP draft 07 says that a XCAP root purpose is to identify the root of the
tree within the domain where all XCAP documents are stored.

Ex: http://xcap.example.com/services

It has also been said that this is application usage specific and there
can be many such XCAP roots in a server specifying different domains.

Later in the example given in "Section 6.2 Document Selector"
"As an example, the HTTP URI
http://xcap.example.com/resource-lists/users/joe/index represents a
document selector where the AUID is "resource-lists", and the document is
in the user tree with the XUI "joe" with filename index"."

there is no specific XCAP root given. The URI starts with a domain
followed by the AUID.

Does this mean that the root of the tree within the domain where all XCAP
documents are stored is server implementation specific and clients should
know about this?

Thanks
-Anurag

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip