Subject: [Sip] "expires" parameter in the contact header

From: Manpreet Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:37:29 -0400

Hi
 
Based on my understanding, the expires parameter in the contact header sent
in a 3xx response decides as to how long the proxy will cache the URI sent
by the redirect server. Now if no "expires" parameter is sent then the
Expires header is checked for validity. So if the redirect server needs to
tell the proxy to send each and every request to it for routing, then in the
contact header, can i specify the expires header to be 0 seconds? 
 
If 0 is not valid, then how can I force the proxy to send all requests to
the redirect sever for routing so that it doesnt skip it and what 3xx
response I should be using?
 
Thanks
Manpreet
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip