Subject: [Sip] Dual Stack UAC in draft-ietf-sipping-v6-transition-02.txt?

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:58:00 -0500

How is a UAC going to include both v4 and v6 addressing in its 
INVITE/Offer?  There doesn't seem to be text or an example given in this ID 
discussing this case.  This ID seems to be dealing more with translation 
from v4 to v6 and visa-versa.  Am I wrong?

The usecase is a dualstack UAC that doesn't know which stack a UAS has 
(OPTIONS may be prevented), but wants to have a session/dialog in v6 if all 
SIP elements support it, and will go with v4 if that's the common demoninator.

Thanks
James

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:59:32 -0500

I just realized this is to the wrong list.

I have posted the same question to SIPPING

forigve me

At 04:58 PM 4/27/2006 -0500, James M. Polk wrote:
>INVITE/Offer?  There doesn't seem to be text or an example given in this 
>ID discussing this case.  This ID seems to be dealing more with 
>translation from v4 to v6 and visa-versa.  Am I wrong?
>
>(OPTIONS may be prevented), but wants to have a session/dialog in v6 if 
>all SIP elements support it, and will go with v4 if that's the common 
>demoninator.
>
>Thanks
>James
>