Subject: [Sip] draft-elwell-sip-connected-identity-01.txt

From: Roland Jesske <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:38:25 +0200

>Chriser wrote:

>2. Interworking (e.g. with PSTN): As was mentioned by Roland, this
>causes problems with interworking, ie it is not "backward compatible"
>with the RFCs we have on interworking. Since we normally, when we define
>extension, try to consider existing extensions and drafts/RFCs I think
>we shall do it also in this case - even if some individuals (those
>thinking PSTN will be replaced by IP overnight) probably don't care. So,
>I also consider that part both MISSING TEXT and TECHNICAL.

Yes and we have already implemented such interworkings so we have to change the complet interworking model to wait for a second Request - Response cycle.

And there will the problem how the Interworking unit knows that a UPDATE will arrive after the final response for the INVITE was recived. 

Best Regards

Roland

_______________________________________________________________
SMS schreiben mit WEB.DE FreeMail - einfach, schnell und
kostenguenstig. Jetzt gleich testen! http://f.web.de/?mc=021192

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip