Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Connected Identity in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Elwell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-4-26
	
   Because of retargeting of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) dialog-
   forming request, the UAS can have a different identity from that in
   the To header.  This document provides a means for that UA to supply
   its identity to the peer UA by means of a request in the reverse
   direction and for that identity to be signed by an Authentication
   Service.  The same mechanism can be used to indicate a change of
   identity during a dialog, e.g., because of some action in a PSTN
   behind a gateway.  This document normatively updates RFC 3261 (SIP).
   This work is being discussed on the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Jeroen van Bemmel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:37:36 +0200

Comment on section 6.2: Can't it simply be specified that an UA that 
supports this feature MUST support UPDATE (and include that in an Allow: 
header in its INVITE)? reINVITE has many drawbacks, and since the mechanism 
shouldn't be used in the first place when the peer does not support it, it 
is possible to mandate UPDATE here

Regards,

Jeroen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:50 PM
Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00.txt

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------