Subject: [Sip] RFC 4488 on Suppression of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) REFER Method Implicit Subscription

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:02:45 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4488

        Title:      Suppression of Session Initiation Protocol 
                    (SIP) REFER Method Implicit Subscription 
        Author:     O. Levin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17264
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-refer-with-norefersub-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4488.txt

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) REFER extension as defined in
RFC 3515 automatically establishes a typically short-lived event
subscription used to notify the party sending a REFER request about
the receiver's status in executing the transaction requested by the
REFER.  These notifications are not needed in all cases.  This
specification provides a way to prevent the automatic establishment
of an event subscription and subsequent notifications using a new
SIP extension header field that may be included in a REFER request.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip