Subject: [Sip] Issue 3 in draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-00.txt

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 21:22:03 +0100

The third issue is in section 6.5 as follows:

      "OPEN ISSUE. draft-ietf-sip-identity is silent on how to behave if
      the identity in the From header is not one that authenticated UA
      is allowed to assert.  Should the request be allowed to proceed
      without the Identity header or should it be rejected, if so with
      which response code?"

The sip-identity draft really leaves it to local policy, and I think that
has to be the case for connected identity too. An Authentication Service
could apply different policy for a mid-dialog request compared with an
initial request (e.g., forward the request without adding the Identity
header), but basically I think the draft should leave it to policy. Any
opinions?

John

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip