Subject: [Sip] Minor comments on draft-ietf-sip-gruu-07.txt

From: "Tan, Ya-Ching" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:28:56 +0200

- Section 10 Grammar does not mention the new "+sip.instance" parameter
  for the Contact header, but includes :
     instance-val   = *uric ; defined in RFC 2396 (should be RFC 3986)

- The SUBSCRIBE message on page 27 and page 28 :
  o The URI in the To header field must be enclosed in "<" and ">". As
    it is now, the "opaque" and "grid" become To header parameters.
  o Allow: INVITE, OPTIONS, CANCEL, BYE, ACK should also include 
    SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY

- Page 5  :   ">From" should be "From"

- Page 12 :   "reuqest" should be "request"

- Section 7.1.1.1 :  "..., it MUST use [14]" => "..., it MUST follow the
procedures defined in [14]".

- Section 8.2.1 "(allowing mutiple flows.." has no closing bracket.

- Section 8.2.3 "(which happens when the client.." has no closing
bracket.

- The last sentence on page 21 makes no sense. "This information may be
present from the hint if the topmost Route header field URI, if the
proxy used that technique".

- Request-URI has been written as "Request URI", "request URI" (eg.
8.1.3 "the incoming request URI") as well as "Request-URI" throughout
the document.

- And we have "AOR" and "AoR"

- Section 14 should register "Predefined Values : None" for all the new
parameters.

Regards,
Ya-Ching

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 01:55:36 -0400

Thanks for the comments. Responses inline.

>      instance-val   = *uric ; defined in RFC 2396 (should be RFC 3986)

This is leftover grammar - removed.

>     it is now, the "opaque" and "grid" become To header parameters.

Great catch. Fixed.

>   o Allow: INVITE, OPTIONS, CANCEL, BYE, ACK should also include 

Well, its SUBSCRIBE for one of the UAs and NOTIFY for the other, but you 
are correct that SUB/NOT needs to be correctly included here. Thanks.

> - Page 5  :   ">From" should be "From"

fixed.

> - Page 12 :   "reuqest" should be "request"

fixed.

> procedures defined in [14]".

fixed.

> - Section 8.2.1 "(allowing mutiple flows.." has no closing bracket.

fixed.

> - Section 8.2.3 "(which happens when the client.." has no closing

fixed.

> proxy used that technique".

Right. The first 'if' should be 'in'. Fixed.

> 8.1.3 "the incoming request URI") as well as "Request-URI" throughout

Fixed to all be Request-URI

> - And we have "AOR" and "AoR"

Fixed to be AOR.

> - Section 14 should register "Predefined Values : None" for all the new

Fixed.

Thanks for your comments,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com