Subject: [Sip] SIP Call Hold reply

From: "Yonatan Doron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 19:11:01 +0200

According to my understanding, a UA which receives a request for call-hold (
an INVITE with SDP containing the media field "sendonly"), may accept the
hold by sending a 200OK reply containing the SDP media field "recvonly".
The problem is that the SIP clients I have tried, all answer a hold request
with a "sendrecv" field, which actually means that they *reject* the request
for hold (they do not agree to only receive the stream).
 
If this is true, how can my client support this backward behaviour ?
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Franz Edler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 06:22:48 +0200

> According to my understanding, a UA which receives a request for 
> call-hold ( an INVITE with SDP containing the media field "sendonly"), 
> may accept the hold by sending a 200OK reply containing the SDP media 
> field "recvonly".

Yes. That's the rule.

> The problem is that the SIP clients I have tried, all answer a hold 
> request with a "sendrecv" field, which actually means that they 
> *reject* the request for hold (they do not agree to only receive the
stream).

Fortunately I cannot share your experience.
You should claim standard compliance from the vendors.

Franz