Subject: [Sip] Updated acr-code specification

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 01:16:35 -0400

I've submitted an update to acr-code based on comments received during 
WGLC. Until the draft appaers in the archives, you can pick up a copy here:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-03.txt

Here are the diffs:

* if a UAC gets a 433, it MUST NOT retry without anonymity unless user
   has given permission (used to be SHOULD NOT)

* added this text to the server behavior section:

<t>
In addition, requests where the identity of the requestor cannot be 
determined
or validated, but it is not a consequence of an explicit action on the
part of the requestor, are not consider anonymous. For example, if a
request contains a non-anonymous From header field, along with the
Identity and Identity-Info header fields <xref target="RFC4474"/>, but
the certificate could not be obtained from the reference in the
Identity-Info header field, it is not considered an anonymous request,
and the 433 response code SHOULD NOT be used.
</t>

* removed mention of 'header' and 'session' privacy as being
   anonymous, since there was rough consensus that this needed to be
   clarified elsewhere.

* clarified the impact of 433 when received in a mid-dialog response -
   no termiantion of the dialog or usages on the dialog.

* softened wording that seemed to imply only a proxy/UAS in the
   terminating side could use 433.

* added SHOULD strengths to criteria for definining anonymity and
   SHOULD NOT for the case where p-a-id is absent and nothing else in
   the request says its anonymous

* clarified that requests are still anonymous if a validated Identity
   is there and the From indicates anonymous

* changed reference from rosenberg-identity-privacy to
   rosenberg-id-coexistence

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip