Subject: [Sip] Updated hitchhikers guide to SIP

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:11:03 -0400

I've submitted an update to the hitchhikers guide. Until it appears in 
the archives, you can pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-01.txt

The changes are:

* updated I-D reference for event-list to RFC 4662
* updated I-D reference for conference-package to RFC 4575
* updated I-D reference for sip-identity to RFC 4474
* updated I-D reference for sdp-new to RFC 4566
* updated I-D reference for comedia-tls to RFC 4572
* updated I-D reference for sdp-label to RFC 4574

* added I-D reference for draft-ietf-sip-xcap-config under OAM
* added I-D reference for draft-ietf-sip-consent-framework under
   security
* added I-D reference for draft-ietf-sip-saml
* added I-D reference for draft-ietf-sipping-pending additions under
event packages and security

* changed I-D reference for draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-subscribe to
   draft-ietf-sip-uri-list-subscribe
* changed I-D reference for draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-message to
   draft-ietf-sip-uri-list-message
* changed I-D reference for draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-conferencing to
   draft-ietf-sip-uri-list-conferencing
* changed I-D reference for draft-ietf-sipping-multiple-refer to
   draft-ietf-sip-multiple-refer

as a matter of statistics, there are currently 104 references from this 
document. The following core specs are still at I-D status:

GRUU
sip-outbound
ICE
connected-identity
fork-loop-fix

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:48:51 -0500

Hi, Jonathan,

Most of my comments on version 00 were pretty conceptual, but this one

3.  Core SIP Specifications

   RFC XXXX: Enhancements for Authenticated Identity Management in SIP
   (S) RFC XXXX [28] defines a mechanism for providing a
      cryptographically verifiable identity of the calling party in a
      SIP request.  Also known as "SIP Identity", this mechanism
      provides an alternative to RFC 3325.  It has seen little
      deployment so far, but its importance as a key construct for

Spencer: NO idea what "almost also" is doing in this sentence, but assume
that you meant to say something here. Just flagging for you.

      almost also anti-spam techniques makes it a core part of the SIP
      specifications.

probably really needed to get changed...

Thanks,

Spencer

(previous e-mail available at 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg14040.html, just for 
reference)

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jonathan Rosenberg" <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF SIP List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:11 PM
Subject: [Sip] Updated hitchhikers guide to SIP

> I've submitted an update to the hitchhikers guide. Until it appears in the 
> archives, you can pick it up at:
>