Subject: FW: [Sip] Draft for review:draft-sreeram-specify-method-00.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:44:52 +0530

Fwding the mail to the list.
I did a reply , should have done reply all.

Thanks Dale for pointing this.

-Sreeram.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sreeram Kanumuri (WT01 - IP-Multimedia Carrier & Ent Networks) 
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 11:21 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [Sip] Draft for review:draft-sreeram-specify-method-00.txt

Hi Dale,

There are 2 Cases
Proxy with backup: Means there is inactive unit. Which will take over
when the active proxy is taken out (Duplex)

Proxy without backup: These are proxies which work as stand-alone.
Proxies to be stand alone are generally very rare in field but can be
possible.

When we say a Proxy with out backup giving the alternative ip address is
the case when standalone proxy (P1) is giving the details of proxy P2 .

The use cases have shown some of these cases.

We will take care that the sentence is reformatted in the next release
to make it clear.

Regards,
Sreeram

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 10:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sip] Draft for review:draft-sreeram-specify-method-00.txt

You write:

   Similarly, on restart/disconnect of a SIP entity without backup, the
   same problem exists and there is no way by which SIP entity that is
   restarting/disconnecting can inform about the alternative IP address
   (if available) to other SIP entities to which it can communicate so
   that graceful handling of existing sessions (or calls) or future
   sessions can be performed using alternate IP address.

I don't understand what the "alternate IP address" can be -- you've
already said the SIP entity does not have a backup, so there can be no
alternate IP address at which to contact the backup.

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip