Subject: [Sip] Apple iChat AV documents

From: "Anil Bollineni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 19:40:13 -0700

Hi,

Does any one know where can I find document about Apple iChat is using
SIP to communicate with another iChat?

Specifically if iChat is deployed before firewall, then what ports need
to open in the firewall the make iChat work. 

I have found the document at
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93208, specifying the
ports to open for iChat.

I understand standard ports like 5060 and media ports (16384-16403) are
negotiated in SIP message. 

I could not figure out how the ports like 5190, 5297, 5298, 5678
mentioned will be exchanged between iChat applications.

Are they pre-configured or are any special headers are used in SIP by
iChat for the above ports?

Thanks a lot,

-Anil

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip