Subject: [Sip] Feedback Requested: draft-johns-sip-outbound-middialog

From: "Kevin Johns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:50:53 -0700

Folks, 
 
I originally sent this email on Friday, but did not see it on the
reflector; so if this is a repeat, I apologize.
 
The topic of routing mid-dialog requests when using outbound procedures
was documented in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johns-sip-outbound-middialog-draft-00
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johns-sip-outbound-middialog-draft-00>
and subsequently presented at IETF#65 (see
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/slides/sip-4.pdf
<http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/slides/sip-4.pdf>  ). Based on
the feedback gathered at the meeting and other offline discussions, an
updated Internet Draft was submitted and is now available at:
 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johns-sip-outbound-middialog-draft-01
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johns-sip-outbound-middialog-draft-01>

The updates are primarily around clarifying the use case and
illustrative call flow, the proposed solution has not changed.
 
The Abstract is reproduced for the benefit of folks not involved in
earlier discussions:
 
" This document describes modifications to the procedures for the
generation of a flow token as described in the Internet Draft titled
Managing Client Initiated Connections in the Session Initiation
Protocol. This modification is necessary to support routing of mid-
dialog requests while preserving Edge Proxy failover within an
outbound-proxy-set."
 
Would appreciate comments and interest.
 
Thanks
Kevin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kevin C. Johns
Project Director - PacketCable Communications Protocols
CableLabs(r)
858 Coal Creek Circle
Louisville, CO 80027-9750
Phone:  303.661.9100
Direct: 303.661.3303
HTTP://www.CableLabs.com <http://www.cablelabs.com/>  

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip