Subject: Re: [Sip] WGLC: draft-ietf-sip-acr-code

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 23:27:08 -0400

Elwell, John wrote:

> 1. Section 1, first paragraph. Would it be beneficial to mention the
> anonymity provisions of RFC 4474, i.e., a signature that says the request
> originated at the domain indicated in the From header field but the specific
> user is not disclosed? If so, then RFC 4474 would need to be added as an
> informative reference.

I think its worth mentioning 4474 but not here; rather, its worth 
clarifying later in the document that if the From contains an indication 
of an anonymous URI within a domain, yet identity is still there and 
validated, the request is anonymous. The spec now reads:

<t>The From or  P-Asserted-Identity header field contains a URI which has an
explicit indication that it is anonymous. One such example of a
mechanism that would meet this criteria is <xref
target="I-D.rosenberg-sip-identity-privacy"/>. This criteria is true
even if the request has a validated Identity header field <xref
target="RFC4474"/>, which can be used in concert with anonymized From
header fields.
</t>

> 
> 2. Section 1, 2nd paragraph "that reason phrase is not useful for automata".
> Add "or where the caller speaks a different language". 

changed.

> 
> 3. I am not sure where it fits, but should there be mention of the HERFP
> problem, i.e. 433 being masked by some other response code at a forking
> proxy?

This is a generic problem with 4xx as we know; I don't see what usefully 
can be said here.

> 
> NITS:
> 4. Section 4, first paragraph: "if user continues" - change to "if the user
> continues".
> 
> 5. Section 4, second paragraph: "A UAC the does not understand" - change to
> "A UAC that does not understand".

> 
> 6. Section 5: "the server refused the fulfill" - change to "the server
> refused to fulfill".
> 
> 7. Section 7: "an request" - change to "a request".
> 
> 8. Section 7, second paragraph "this has the desired effect" - change to
> "anonymous call rejection has the desired effect". ("this" looks like it
> refers to the fact that telemarketeers frequently withhold their identity).

all fixed.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip