Subject: Re: [Sip] RE: draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-01 comments

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:05:59 -0700

On Sep 22, 2006, at 3:29 AM, Elwell, John wrote:

>> The name of the option tag "id-change" sort of bugs me. What is
>> allowed to change here does not really have to do with identity as
>> much as the from URI. I would prefer the name "from-change" as what
>> this is saying is only that part of 2543 was not required by the UA.
> [JRE] Well, the URI is the identity, so I don't really understand your
> point. It was changed to "id-change" from something rather longer a  
> draft or
> so back, so I would be reluctant to change it again. Any other  
> opinions?

At the high level I have no real objection to whatever we call this -  
it's just some bits on the wire and I would not hold the draft up  
over any name of it. On the lower level, the from URI is just one of  
the identities floating around, we have AIB, S/MIME signers, PAI, the  
list goes on. Anyways, I'll go with whatever folks decide - this one  
truly is in the category of rearranging deck chairs :-)

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip