Subject: [Sip] Draft for review:draft-sreeram-specify-method-00.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:13:25 +0530

Hi all,

We have submitted a I-D regarding the Extension to the SIP to allow the 

SIP entities intension of Asynchronous service change request.

The url of the draft is :

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sreeram-specify-method-00.txt

Please look at the draft and provide suggestions, comments and/or
concerns.        

Thanking you,

Regards,

Sreeram.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 23:49:11 -0500

You write:

   Similarly, on restart/disconnect of a SIP entity without backup, the
   same problem exists and there is no way by which SIP entity that is
   restarting/disconnecting can inform about the alternative IP address
   (if available) to other SIP entities to which it can communicate so
   that graceful handling of existing sessions (or calls) or future
   sessions can be performed using alternate IP address.

I don't understand what the "alternate IP address" can be -- you've
already said the SIP entity does not have a backup, so there can be no
alternate IP address at which to contact the backup.

Dale