Subject: [Sip] -05 of SIP Location Conveyance submitted

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:47:00 -0600

SIP WG

We've submitted the -05 version of SIP Location Conveyance for WG review. 
The URL of the ID is here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-05.txt

-05 has the following changes:

    - altered the meaning of use of OPTIONS to not be for retrieving the
      location of a UAS, but for cases in which location is a required
      element of information by a SIP entity.

    - added a comment/warning for usage of location-by-reference to a
      model in which a domain's LIS be reachable if location is deployed
      in this fashion (Section 4.3)

    - added a Informative reference to a new ID that is an IANA registry
      of location specific error codes to be used in, for example, a
      Reason header, to give more granular reasons why a 424 (Bad
      Location Information) was sent.

One large remaining open issue is whether or not to allow 
Location-by-reference URI at all.  There is a Issue BoF next Wed afternoon 
on this topic.  Comments on the list would be appreciated beforehand.

Comments would be appreciated

Thanks
James

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip