Subject: [Sip] Using outbound for multiple registrations - even if there are no NATs.

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:14:53 +0200

Hi,

In 3GPP it is discussed how to support multiple registrations from a
terminal. A use-case is when a terminal have multiple accesses, and
wants to register via all of them.

One of the solutions that have been presented is to use the outbound
mechanism.

The only issue I can find is the use of STUN for keep-alive. In case
there are no NATs between the terminal and the outbound proxy (read:
P-CSCF) there is of course no need for keep-alives.

I know this is not the original idea behind outbound, but I still
outbound could be a very good candidate to implement this.

Comments?

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip