Subject: [Sip] Updated SIP Certificate Authentication Requirements Draft

From: "Steve Dotson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:53:12 -0600

This email is to request feedback regarding the SIP certificate
authentication requirements draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dotson-sip-certificate-auth-01
.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dotson-sip-certificate-auth-0
1.txt>  .

>From the abstract:

'This document defines requirements for adding certificate
authentication to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). It is intended
that potential solutions specifying certificate authentication within
SIP will use these requirements as guidelines. Supporting certificate
authentication in SIP would provide strong authentication and increase
the types of possible deployment scenarios.'

As a note, the I-D has been updated based on various offline comments
received at IETF#66 regarding draft-00.

Comments and thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve.

This email is to request feedback regarding the SIP certificate
authentication requirements draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dotson-sip-certificate-auth-01
.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dotson-sip-certificate-auth-0
1.txt>  .

>From the abstract:

'This document defines requirements for adding certificate
authentication to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). It is intended
that potential solutions specifying certificate authentication within
SIP will use these requirements as guidelines. Supporting certificate
authentication in SIP would provide strong authentication and increase
the types of possible deployment scenarios.'

As a note, the I-D has been updated based on various offline comments
received at IETF#66 regarding draft-00.

Comments and thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip