Subject: [Sip] GRUU - Register with illegal contact

From: "Peter Musgrave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 05:39:53 -0400

In the GRUU draft (7.1.2.1) is the statement that a REGISTER which contains
a Contact: header which has a gruu and a +sip-instance is to be ignored by
the registrar. 

I'm not clear on the correct SIP response in the cases where

a)       the REGISTER had one Contact entry

b)       there were multiple Contacts (others which are valid) in the
request

I'd be inclined to implement this as

a)       return a 400 Bad Request

b)       return an OK with the valid contacts listed and omit the invalid
contact

Is this sensible?

Does the required behavior need to specified explicitly in the draft?

Thanks, 

Peter Musgrave

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip