Subject: [Sip] Question on draft-ietf-sip-mib-12

From: "Darshan Bildikar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 16:37:07 +0530

I was going through this draft and it defines MIBS for SIP Method names and
SIP option tags. 

I was wondering why there is no MIB for listing event packages defined in
various RFC's as per RFC 3265?

Rgds,
Darshan

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Kevin Lingle \(klingle\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:16:23 -0500

event package were not a consideration for the sip-mib draft work.
certainly such a mib could be defined though.    if it were it
should be defined such that new event packages that are defined
could be represented in the mib w/out having to actually alter
the mib module itself (ie, don't define explicit objects for 
each event pkg type).   avoid even enumerated values.  anything
that would require the mib module to be updated to support a new
event package. 

kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Darshan Bildikar [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 6:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Question on draft-ietf-sip-mib-12

I was going through this draft and it defines MIBS for SIP Method names
and SIP option tags. 

I was wondering why there is no MIB for listing event packages defined
in various RFC's as per RFC 3265?

Rgds,
Darshan

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip