Subject: [Sip] Comments on draft-worley-sip-many-refers-00

From: Benny Prijono <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:28:03 +0000

Dale,

I found your draft while looking for REFER+Replaces information, and I 
think it's great to have a documentation stating potential usages of REFER.

But there's one thing that's still unclear to me. How the REFER 
recipient can distinguish whether to send request (specified in the 
method param of Refer-To target) *inside* or *outside* dialog context. 
Or for that matter, whether this is something that the REFER recipient 
should care about at all (I think it should).

For example, sample #2.4 "Remote Hangup" seem to assume that the REFER 
recipient will somehow automagically match existing dialog and send the 
request in the context of that dialog.

Has this type of usage been discussed and documented anywhere? If yes, 
then perhaps the document could point to some exact documentation, and 
perhaps explicitly clarify this kind of usage.

My personal opinion is, unless there is a specific mechanism in the 
REFER request to instruct REFER recipient to send outgoing request in a 
dialog context, we should ban such uses.

cheers,
-benny

-- 
Benny Prijono
http://www.pjsip.org

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip