Subject: [Sip] Re: 489 status code

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:51:22 -0600

On July 31, 2001, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
> A minor comment about 489 status code: In Adam's event draft it means
> "Bad Event", and in Jonathan's early media draft it means "Request
> Updated". Since both are just I-Ds this is not really an issue right
> now, but when they advance to RFCs we will have to resolve this
> conflict. 

...and in draft-gurbani-sip-large-udp-response-00, it means "Use 
Congestion Controlled Transport."

I'd offer to move mine somewhere else, but it's been published as an RFC 
already.

/a

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 01:04:15 +0200

Hi,

it only took 5 years to get an answer to my email! :o)

Thanks for following up ;o)

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:53:17 -0500

I wonder if perhaps we need an shadow registry for SIP. It would hold 
new values that are being used in drafts until they become RFCs, after 
which they would go in the official IANA registry.

(Would be better yet if IANA would do that for us, but that may be too 
much to expect.)

	Paul