Subject: [Sip] FW: [rohc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-04.txt

From: "Drage, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:17:03 +0100

WARNING: This e-mail has been altered by some SMTP protection software.
Following this paragraph are indications of the actual changes made.
For more information, contact <[email-masked]>.

An attachment named draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-04.URL was removed from this document as it
constituted a security hazard.  If you require this document, please contact
the sender and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.

(As WG chair)

The document referred to defines 

-	'sigcomp-id' Via header field parameter
-	'sigcomp-id' SIP URI parameter

This was previously brought to the attention of the SIP list, but just
to be formal, we would like to give a two week WGLC session in the SIP
WG in parallel to the one that will occur in the ROHC working group.

Please therefore review and comment on the current version of this
document by Tuesday 12th December 2006, in particular to the parts that
define these parameters. Please send your comments to the IETF ROHC list
rather than to the IETF SIP list.

Regards

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 27 November 2006 20:50
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [rohc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-04.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Applying Signaling Compression (SigComp) to
the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: Z. Liu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-04.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-11-27
	
This document describes some specifics that apply when Signaling
   Compression (SigComp) is applied to the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP), such as default minimum values of SigComp parameters,
   compartment and state management, and a few issues on SigComp over
   TCP.  Any implementation of SigComp for use with SIP must conform to
   this document, in addition to SigComp and support of the SIP and
   Session Description Protocol (SDP) static dictionary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get
draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip