Subject: [Sip] ietf-sip-connect-reuse

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 18:25:51 -0800

I like section 8.

The TCP behavior seems to contradict outbound. The authors of  
outbound and reuse should get it^H^H together some time :-)

It seems that what a proxy should do when there is no alias flag is  
the same as when there is an alias flag.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:02:28 -0600

> I like section 8.

Thanks.

> The TCP behavior seems to contradict outbound. The authors of outbound 
> and reuse should get it^H^H together some time :-)

I will corner you and Rohan to talk about this.

> It seems that what a proxy should do when there is no alias flag is the 
> same as when there is an alias flag.

Pretty much, except the alias flag makes the intention more explicit,
and may be helpful during debugging to understand the behavior.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)