Subject: [Sip] SIP Compatible modems/routers?

From: "Arnoud van Wijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:11:35 +0100

I am getting this question more and more. Right at home I am using the IX67
from Intertex.

But are there other SIP compatible modems or is Intertex still the only one
on this planet?

Such routers/modems must allow end to end SIP. In the LAN and the WAN. And
just SIP to a voice port for analog telephony connection does not count.

Arnoud A. T. van Wijk
AnnieS New Technology
 <http://www.annies.nl/> www.AnnieS.nl
Mobile textphone (SIP):  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:42:48 -0600

On Nov 1, 2006, at 8:11 AM, Arnoud van Wijk wrote:

> I am getting this question more and more. Right at home I am using  
> the IX67 from Intertex.
>
> But are there other SIP compatible modems or is Intertex still the  
> only one on this planet?
>
>
>
> Such routers/modems must allow end to end SIP. In the LAN and the  
> WAN. And just SIP to a voice port for analog telephony connection  
> does not count.

All Cisco routers are AFAIK completely SIP compatible. So are most  
other routers, I suspect.

What you want is a SIP-compatible network address translator. That's  
much harder.

One option that may be interesting is to run Asterisk embedded on a  
Linksys WRT-54GL using the OpenWRT replacement firmware. You can do  
some neat stuff with that. Or you can run a version of SER on he  
WRT-54GL, which gives another set of options.

But I'd like to point out that this is more of a sip-implementors (or  
maybe something else entirely) question than it is a SIP mailing list  
question.

--
Dean

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:42:48 -0600

--
Dean