Subject: [Sip] Forward on request: Be a NOMCOM Volunteer Today

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:09:28 -0500

From: Lakshminath Dondeti
To: IETF Announcement
Date: June 4, 2007
Subject: Nomcom 2007-8: First Call for Volunteers

Folks,

If you have attended 3 out of the past 5 IETF meetings, you are  
eligible to
serve on Nomcom 2007-2008.  Please volunteer and you may become one  
of the
voting members of the committee that selects about half of the  
members to the
IESG and IAB and one IAOC member.  RFC 3777 describes the process and  
the
responsibilities in detail.  Below is the list of people from the  
IESG, IAB and
IAOC whose terms end during the March 2008 IETF meeting.

IAOC:

Ed Juskevicius

IAB:

Leslie Daigle
Elwyn Davies
Kevin Fall
Olaf Kolkman
David Oran
Eric Rescorla

IESG:

Lisa Dusseault -- Applications Area Director
Jari Arkko -- Internet Area Director
Dan Romascanu -- Operations and Management Area Director
Cullen Jennings -- Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area  
Director
Ross Callon --- Routing Area Director
Sam Hartman -- Security Area Director
Magnus Westerlund -- Transport Area Director

Before volunteering, please think about whether you want to be  
considered for
one of those positions instead.  If you are already convinced, please  
send an
email before 12:00 noon ET (16:00 UTC/GMT) on July 5, 2007  
(otherwise, please
read on)

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2007-8 Volunteer
Body:

<Your Full Name>   // As you enter in the IETF Registration Form,
                            // First/Given name followed by Last/ 
Family Name
<Current Primary Affiliation> // typically what goes in the Company  
field
                                           //  in the IETF  
Registration Form
[<all email addresses used to Register for the past 5 IETF meetings>]  
<Preferred
email address>  //
<Telephone number>         // For confirmation if selected

Please expect an email response from me within 1-2 days stating  
whether you are
qualified or not.  If you don't receive anything, please re-send your  
email with
the tag (duplicate) in the subject line.

Not convinced yet?  Please consider that nomcom members play an  
important role
in shaping the leadership of the IETF.  If you are a people person,  
you will
enjoy meeting many of the active contributors to the IETF.  If you  
prefer
instead to read a lot of email, well, we have that too.  Being a  
nomcom member
is also an important responsibility: it requires adherence to  
confidentiality
rules and some time commitment from the members.  The term begins  
just prior to
the Chicago meeting and we expect most of the work to be completed by  
January
2008.  During this period, the nomcom members

-- collect requirements from the community and interviews candidates
      during the Chicago and Vancouver IETF meetings
-- review candidates' statements and weighs community feedback
-- participate in candidate selection deliberations (weekly conferences
calls)

Nomcom members are selected following a publicly verifiable random  
selection
method specified in RFC 3797.

For the nomcom to work as it should, the pool from which the  
volunteers are
chosen should be as large as possible. The more people who volunteer,  
the better
chance we have of choosing a random yet representative cross section  
of the IETF
population.

Ensuring the leadership of the IETF is fair and balanced and  
comprised of those
who can lead the IETF in the right direction is an important  
responsibility that
rests on the IETF participants at large.  Volunteering for the nomcom  
is a good
way of contributing in that direction.  So please volunteer!

thanks,
Lakshminath

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip