Subject: [Sip] SIP SAML Review by Andreas Pashalidis

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:24:19 +0200

Here is a review by Andreas Pashalidis:

----------------------

Here are a few small comments: 

"trait-based" authentication sounds a bit unconventional. 
Cannot you just talk about "attribute-based" authorization? That would be better aligned with SAML terminology. 

>From the description in section 5 and figure 1, it is not always clear
if you talk about an "authentication assertion" or an "attribute
assertion" -

Figure 2, step 5: is it possible to have multiple attribute statements
in the response? (for example, if possession of multiple attributes is
required?)

Section 6.1.4.1.4: what does it mean if there is no attribute
statement? is it an authentication assertion then? if yes, what would
be the authentication context?

Section 9.2: it would be nice to have some exaplanation there, without
having to refer to a different spec/document.

Thats all for now.

Gruss,
Andreas

-- 
all primes are odd, except two, and this is the oddest of all!

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip