Subject: Re: [Sip] clarification: multiple outbound registrations and temporary GRUUs: scope of invalidation

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 16:37:13 -0400

As with my other note, sorry for the very long delay.

inline.

Jeroen van Bemmel wrote:

> All,
>  
> If a UAC performs multiple outbound registrations (reg-id=1 & reg-id=2) 
> and uses GRUU, the outbound examples show it uses different Call-IDs. 
> Does that mean that the second registration invalidates the temporary 
> GRUU returned in the first 200 OK?

Based on the GRUU spec, it would. I believe that the UA has to use the 
same Call-ID for both reg-id.

>  
> In other words: should the temporary GRUU returned for the first Contact 
> be the same, or different?

Well, it should be different no matter what. The registrar is supposed 
to generate a new temporary GRUU on every register.

>  
> Should outbound recommend to use the same Call-ID for multiple 
> registrations? (and different from-tags)?

Yes.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip