Subject: [Sip] Privacy and Referred-By header

From: "Ian Elz (CV/ETL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:55:49 +0200

I have been looking at RFC3892 (Referred-By) and RFC 3323 (Privacy) and
have a query about how privacy of the Referred-By header can be
specified.

The problem is as follows:

When an INVITE results from a REFER which contains a Referred-By header
the privacy of the Referred-By can be specified by "Privacy: user" in
the REFER. How is this handled in the subsequent INVITE ?

If the Refer target does not set privacy when it constructs the INVITE
then the Referred-By will not have privacy associated with it when it
was requested in the REFER. If the privacy from the REFER is used in the
INVITE then the Refer target information will also have privacy when
this is not required.

I have noted that for History headers that an extension to the Privacy
header was included which allows the use of the 'history' value in the
Privacy header and also allows a Header parameter of Privacy to be
associated with the hi-targeted-to-uri to specify privacy for specific
uri's.

Does such a mechanism exist for Referred-By headers and if so what value
should be used ?

Ian Elz

Office: + 44 24 764 35256
gsm: +44 7801723668
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip