Subject: [Sip] Question on sip-outbound-10

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:28:16 +0100

In section 4.3 "Sending requests" it states:
"The UA performs normal DNS resolution on the next hop URI (as
   described in RFC 3263 [4]) to find a protocol, IP address, and port.
   For protocols that don't use TLS, if the UA has an existing flow to
   this IP address, and port with the correct protocol, then the UA MUST
   use the existing connection.  For TLS protocols, there MUST also be a
   match between the host production in the next hop and one of the URIs
   contained in the subjectAltName in the peer certificate.  If the UA
   cannot use one of the existing flows, then it SHOULD form a new flow
   by sending a datagram or opening a new connection to the next hop, as
   appropriate for the transport protocol."

This seems to imply that the UA simply sends the request on a new flow,
yet there are no proxy procedures defined for receiving a non-register
request on a new flow. So perhaps what is intended is that UA should
register again using the new flow, and then send the request on the new
flow. Whatever the intention, it seems some clarification is required.

John

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip