Subject: [Sip] Flow-timer in requests

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:28:50 +0100

Hi,

As indicated in the meeting, I wonder what people think about allowing
the Flow-timer parameter also in request messages. It would provide the
following:

1) The UA can indicate the minimum keep-alive timer, which can be based
on battery life, CPU power, or whatever... We also need some wording and
guidance about what to do if the value in the response is too small for
the UA.

2) The UA can indicate that it is able to perform keep-alives (similar
to the "keepalive" option-tag), even if the UA does not support
outbound, and/or if the registrar does not support outbound, or outbound
is disabled for whatever other reason.

Regards,

Christer
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip