Subject: [Sip] Processing Record Route Header in 200 OK For Further Requests

From: Pulat Ugan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:35:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

When a UA gets record-route header and contact header
in 200 OK. like below
------------------------------------------------
contact:sip:{fqdn}:5060
Record-Route:<sip:{ip};lr=on;ftag=100428709;vsf=AAAAAAAEFwQNBB8EChgLATU1Mzc3NkA2My4yNTEuMjIuODI->

What should be the uri in the re-invite message to put
UAS on hold.. And if we use the record-route header as
uri, should/may we put the contact header in 200 OK as
route header?

And the issue I am having for the end of above
scenario; should uri of ACK message be contact header
coming from UAS in 200 OK regardless of whatever
record-route or contact header  we previously got in
initial call setup.?

I will really appreciate if anyone can suggest any
reference-document which is including sample flows
about processing record-route headers on UAC side.

Thanks..

      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page. 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Sanjay Sinha (sanjsinh)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:08:13 -0500

Since the proxy supports loose routing, for subsequent requests on the
dialog, the request-uri should be the Contact header uri and
Record-Route header value should be put in Route header.

Sanjay

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Pulat Ugan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:36 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Sip] Processing Record Route Header in 200 OK For 
>Further Requests
>
>Hi,
>
>When a UA gets record-route header and contact header in 200 
>OK. like below
>What should be the uri in the re-invite message to put UAS on 
>hold.. And if we use the record-route header as uri, 
>should/may we put the contact header in 200 OK as route header?
>
>And the issue I am having for the end of above scenario; 
>should uri of ACK message be contact header coming from UAS in 
>200 OK regardless of whatever record-route or contact header  
>we previously got in initial call setup.?
>
>reference-document which is including sample flows about 
>processing record-route headers on UAC side.
>
>Thanks..
>
>
>
>      
>This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use 
>[email-masked] for questions on current sip