Subject: [Sip] WGLC for draft-ietf-sip-fork-loop-fix-06

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 20:33:19 +0100

(As WG chair)

This document has a somewhat complicated history, in that we completed
it once in the WG and sent it to the IESG, but it came back from them
because of concerns over security issues.

The editor's have now followed the instructions from the previous
meeting, i.e. to:

      Integrated Max-Breadth based on working group discussion of the
      secdir review

      Added a paragraph pointing out that removing or modifying other
      node's branch parameters defeats their ability to loop detect

      Moved the total number of messages from O(2^70) to O(2^71) based
      on an observation by Jan Kolomaznik.  To see this, note that the
      total number of requests is the sum from i=0 to Max-Forwards of
      2^i which is 2^(Max-Forwards+1) - 1.  The point of the text
      doesn't change - (the point being that the number is _big_).

      Made the new 4xx concrete (choosing 440)

      Added a sentence reinforcing that if you forward to only one
      branch, you still potentially have a constant multiplier of
      messages in the network as Max-Forwards runs out (based on
      feedback from Thomas Cross.)

These changes are significant enough to justify a revised WGLC, and I
would therefore like the working group to review the document and
provide comments to the SIP list and authors by 

	Friday 21st December 2007. 

It would be appropriate to concentrate on the text with the changes
identified about.

The document may be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-fork-loop-fix-06.txt

And the wdiff document may be found at:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff&url2=http://tools.ietf.o
rg/id/draft-ietf-sip-fork-loop-fix-06.txt

[Note that unfortunately this identifies a significant portion of text
as new text, when it fact it merely moved.]

Regards

Keith

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip