Subject: [Sip] SIP location conveyance discussion

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 21:35:03 +0100

We failed to achieve agreement in the SIP WG on one of the issues for
location conveyance.

The chairs and AD considered we were unlikely to get rapid agreement on
list and a further face-to-face discussion in Vancounver would be
appropriate.

Therefore we have: 

Place:	Salon 2 
Time:		16:15 
Date:		Thursday 6th December
Duration:	1 hour

for those who are interested in resolving this problem.

Regards

Keith

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 20:17:10 -0600

I believe there were two points of contention at Monday's SIP meeting 
wrt Location Conveyance:

  -- the "recipient=" providing an expected result, given no security 
properties, and

  -- the granularity of error codes

I'm not sure we're planning on talking about the first topic 
tomorrow, and I definitely consider it secondary to solving the error 
code issue.

Now, folks admitted that they hadn't read the recent version of the 
ID, and the error section has changed a great deal.  Thus, I ask that 
everyone attending tomorrow's face-to-face read section 3.4 , and all 
of section 5 to bring yourself up to speed on the current text.  The ID is here

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-09.txt

James