Subject: [Sip] RFC3265bis

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:56:24 -0600

After 6 years of testing at SIPits and other experience in the field, it 
feels like time to fix some of the known bugs in RFC 3265. I've put 
together a 3265bis that addresses most of the bugs that have been 
reported to date (although some are called out as known issues):

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roach-sipcore-rfc3265bis-00.txt

If you're already familiar with RFC 3265, I would suggest using Appendix 
C as your roadmap to navigating the changes. The areas I know I need 
feedback on are the open issues listed in Appendix B. Of course, it's 
always possible that the new document will prompt people to share 
implementation experience that hasn't yet been captured -- I'm happy to 
hear about that too.

/a

---

From: "Dale Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:46:13 -0400

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roach-sipcore-rfc3265bis-00.txt

That looks good.  I've only skimmed it yet, but it cleans up a lot of
the things we've seen problems with.

Dale