Subject: [Sip] Revised xcapevent to -06

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 17:13:51 -0500

I've revised xcapevent to fix the XML syntax errors to the best of my  
ability, and to correct the grammar error pointed out by Pasi Eronen  
during IESG review. There may be subtle XML issues about namespaces or  
other stuff beyond my ken. More on that later.

Thew new grammar is:

         diff-processing = "diff-processing" EQUAL (
           "no-patching" /
           "xcap-patching" /
           "aggregate" /
           token )

Before, we lacked the parentheses, so the production was wrong due to  
operation precedence.

A review note from Pasi says:

"The examples in Appendix A contain some invalid XML -- I didn't
actually run a validator, but e.g. "" is clearly
wrong, and in some cases (e.g. last example in A.4), handling of
namespaces doesn't look OK."

I've actually run a validator on every XML block in this draft, by  
cutting and pasting from the text into the validator. This took about  
an hour. I did find a couple of missing ">" characters, which I have  
fixed. I THINK I got everything. Anybody have an automated tool for a  
recheck?

As for the namespace handling:

I presume Pasi's referring to:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <xcap-diff xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xcap-diff"
                    xcap-root="http://xcap.example.com/">
                    <document previous-etag="7ahggs3"
                            sel="tests/users/sip:[email-masked]/index"
                            new-etag="63hjjsll"/>
                    </xcap-diff>

This looks like the same xmlns as every other example in the text, so  
I could be missing something (like THAT would be a first!). Anybody  
hhave a cluebat to hit me with here?

And in the process of writing this note up, I realized that a change I  
made in section 4.7 at Jari's request somehow fell out of the edit  
buffer. So I guess a -07 is on the way.

--
Dean Willis