Subject: [Sip] Protocol Action: 'Message Body Handling in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Message Body Handling in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-body-handling-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-body-handling-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This document specifies how message bodies should be handled in SIP.
  Additionally, this document specifies SIP user agent support for MIME
  (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) in message bodies.

Working Group Summary

  There is consensus in the working group to publish this document, and 
  is targeted for Standards Track.  Work on this document began in
  May 2007, and was adopted as a working group item in August 2007. 
  WGLC was issued in June 2008.

Document Quality

  This document specifically addresses an area of SIP that has been an
  interoperability problem in the past.  The SIPit interoperability 
  events have seen many problems in the area of interoperability of 
  MIME  handling.

  This document has been reviews by many participants over the lifetime 
  of the document, by the following members of the WG:

  - Paul Kyzivat
  - John Elwell
  - Francois Audet
  - Dan Wing
  - Eric Burger
  - Dale Worley
  - Jonathan Rosenberg
  - Cullen Jennings
  - Adam Roach

  Additionally, an extensive APPS area review of the document was been 
  performed by Dave Crocker in an early version of the this document.

Personnel

  Theo Zourzouvillys is the Document Shepherd.
  Robert Sparks is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

  (applies to version 06 of this document)

  The XML in figure 2 is invalid due to a missing '>'.  
  The Content-Length in the same message is also invalid.

  Please replace line 230, which is currently:
      Content-Length: 617
  with:
      Content-Length: 619

  Please replace line 250, which is currently:
      <resource-lists xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:resource-lists"
  with:
      <resource-lists xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:resource-lists">