Subject: RE: [Sipping] Network Announcement draft available

From: "Zmolek, Andrew (Andrew)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:37:16 -0600

The network announcement draft gets into some early media issues that
have been unresolved for a long time. With the latest draft from
Rosenberg on early media comes another opportunity for discussion.
Rosenberg proposes a re-Invite mechanism for early media. How would this
affect your draft, Eric?

--Andy Zmolek
    Technology & Standards Engineer
      CTO Standards
        Avaya Inc.

            [email-masked]
              +1 720 444 4001

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Burger [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 1:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Network Announcement draft available

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-netann-00.tx
t

   In SIP-based networks [2], there is a need to provide announcements.

   In some situations, one must play the announcement without providing 
   an answer indication.  In others, one must play the announcement 
   after completing call setup.  This document describes how to provide 
   such announcements in a SIP-based network.  The method described 
   here is a media server service instance.  The document [3] describes 
   generic URI's for media server service instances. 

[2] RFC 2543
[3]
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-msuri-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:25:59 -0400

The impact is on the call flows, but the basic premise stands.  That is, if
we went with draft-rosenberg-sip-early-media, all we'd do is add the second
round trip.  Everything else (the URI scheme and the error codes) remains
unchanged.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zmolek, Andrew (Andrew) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 4:37 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Network Announcement draft available

The network announcement draft gets into some early media issues that have
been unresolved for a long time. With the latest draft from Rosenberg on
early media comes another opportunity for discussion. Rosenberg proposes a
re-Invite mechanism for early media. How would this affect your draft, Eric?
--Andy Zmolek
    Technology & Standards Engineer
      CTO Standards
        Avaya Inc.
            [email-masked]
              +1 720 444 4001

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Burger [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 1:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Network Announcement draft available

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-netann-00.txt

[3] http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-msuri-00.txt