Subject: Re: [Sipping] Req-URI of PRACK

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:15:44 +0200 (MEST)

Sirs,

A question below :

>Hello,

>This question is actually more related to SIP than to SIPPING. Anyway,
>the question would be how to route messages in general before the
>INVITE-200 OK Route has been built. Because the Record-Route in the 200
>OK will be the one used in the ACK and in subsequent requests. Otherwise
>RFC 2543 compliant entities would be confused.

>The idea is to build a Route to be used for requests between the INVITE
>and the 200 OK. This Route can be built using the Record-Route
>information contained in the reliable response. Therefore, this Route
>will be typically applicable for PRACKs and COMETs.

Is that also the case for other INVITE's (with more digits)messages in overlap 
signalling situation ?
meaning that these INVITE's will follow the same route as the previous one and 
then will reach the same gateway.

Best Regards,

Patrick

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:29:06 +0300

Hello,

> then will reach the same gateway.

No, overlap dialing is a different thing. Subsequent INVITEs do not
belong to the same call leg. They just belong to the same call. Anyway,
I want to resolve a couple of open issues related to this draft.

I will try to release a new version of the draft after London. Important
discussions that will influence this work are the call/call-leg
identification (see SIP mailing list) and Jonathan's early media draft.

Best regards,

Gonzalo
-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo                    Phone :   +1 212 939 71 71
Columbia University                  Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
472 Computer Science Building        Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
1214 Amsterdam Ave., Mail Code 0401  http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
New York, NY 10027                   
USA                              [email-masked]