Subject: [Sipping] 4xx by stateless proxy

From: "Shan Lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:22:27 -0500

Hi all,

Have the following question:

A stateless proxy receives an INVITE and doesn't have any destination
for it. What is it supposed to do? Generate 4xx upstream? Then who takes
care of the retransmission stuff? Note that this is a stateless proxy --
no call state, no transaction state. Or does it silently discard the
INVITE? Or does it dump the INVITE onto a UAS and let the UAS do the
dirty job? Doesn't sound elegant, though.

Appreciate any response.

Regards,

Shan Lu
sentitO Networks

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Ranjit Avasarala" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:21:04 -0600

Hi
   Since there is no destination address, the stateless proxy should discard
the Invite.

Regards
Ranjit

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Shan Lu
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 2:22 PM
To: IETF SIPPING Mailing List; SIP Implementors Mailing List
Subject: [Sip-implementors] 4xx by stateless proxy

Hi all,

Appreciate any response.

Regards,

Shan Lu
sentitO Networks

_______________________________________________
Sip-implementors mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/sip-implementors