Subject: [Sipping] question on draft-rosenberg-sip-vxml-00.txt

From: Sanjay Kumar K <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:40:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

	Are the following Request URIs valid as per the
draft-rosenberg-sip-vxml-00.txt draft.

a) INVITE
x-conf1234.vxml.http%3a//www.webconference.com/welcome.vxml
SIP/2.0
b) INVITE
conf1234.vxml.http%3a//www.webconference.com/welcome.vxml
 SIP/2.0

Thanks in advance,
Senthil K Kumar

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes
http://finance.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 23:52:13 -0400

That draft, which has long expired, was an attempt to codify recommended 
behaviors in URI naming conventions for accessing voicexml services. 
There certainly is not any rule that says how the user part of a URI can 
or cannot be constructed. The usage of URI to identify services, such as 
a voicexml server or a conference server, is still generally under 
discussion in sipping. Some folks would like to standardize conventions 
that can be followed, while others would like to leave it to 
configuration and provisioning.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com