Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 07:34:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Session 
                          Description Protocol (SDP) static dictionary for 
                          Signaling Compression (SigComp)
	Author(s)	: M. Garcia et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-04.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2002-8-30
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [2] is a text-based protocol
for initiating and managing communication sessions. The protocol can
be compressed by using Signaling Compression (SigComp) [1].
Similarly, the Session Description Protocol (SDP) [24] is a text-
based protocol intended for describing multimedia sessions for the
purposes of session announcement, session invitation, and other forms
of multimedia session initiation. This memo defines the SIP/SDP-
specific static dictionary that SigComp may use in order to achieve
higher efficiency. The dictionary is compression algorithm
independent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:08:05 +0300

Hi:

For those of you interested, these are the changes between -03 and -04 versions:

-  We have tried to save a few bytes in the dictionary by splitting certain headers (listed with priority 3 to 5) into two parts, a common substring, and the non-common substrings. This may allow to re-use the non-common substrings with other strings. We have added some descriptive text.

   The strings:

   "[CRLF]Accept-Contact: "               5 0000 0012 [22] 5
   "[CRLF]Accept-Encoding: "              4 05FB 0013 [2] 20.2
   "[CRLF]Accept-Language: "              4 05E8 0013 [2] 20.3
   
   are now split into "[CRLF]Accept-" and the rest:

   "[CRLF]Accept-"                        4           [22] 5, [2] 20.2, 20.3
   "Contact: "                            5           [22] 5
   "Encoding: "                           4           [2] 20.2
   "Language: "                           4           [2] 20.3

   The strings:

   "[CRLF]Content-Disposition: "          4 03AE 0017 [2] 20.11
   "[CRLF]Content-Encoding: "             4 0342 0014 [2] 20.12
   "[CRLF]Content-Language: "             4 0465 0014 [2] 20.13

   are not split into "[CRLF]Content-" and the rest:

   "[CRLF]Content-"                       4           [2] 20.11, 20.12, 20.13
                                                      [2] 20.14, 20.15
   "Disposition: "                        4           [2] 20.11
   "Encoding: "                           4           [2] 20.12
   "Language: "                           4           [2] 20.13

   The strings:

   "[CRLF]Min-Expires: "                  4 06CE 000F [2] 20.23
   "[CRLF]Min-SE: "                       4 081F 000A [17] 5

   are now split into "[CRLF]Min-" and the rest:

   "[CRLF]Min-"                           4           [2] 20.23, [17] 5
   "Expires: "                            4           [2] 20.23
   "SE: "                                 4           [17] 5

   "[CRLF]Min-"                           4           [2] 20.23, [17] 5
   "Expires: "                            4           [2] 20.23
   "SE: "                                 4           [17] 5

   The strings:

   "[CRLF]Proxy-Authenticate: "           4 0428 0016 [2] 20.27
   "[CRLF]Proxy-Authorization: "          4 03B3 0017 [2] 20.28
   "[CRLF]Proxy-Require: "                4 068A 0011 [2] 20.29
 
   are now split into "[CRLF]Proxy-" and the rest of the strings:

   "[CRLF]Proxy-"                         4           [2] 20.27, 20.28, 20.29
   "Authenticate: "                       4           [2] 20.27
   "Authorization: "                      4           [2] 20.28
   "Require: "                            4           [2] 20.29

- Appendix A. Replaced 

   "message"                              4 02D6 0007 [2] 25.1,
   "sip"                                  4 0646 0003 [14] 1
   "sipfrag"                              4 0646 0007 [14] 2

  with

   "message/sip"                          4           [2] 27.5
   "message/sipfrag"                      4           [14] 2
   "message"                              4           [2] 27.5, [14] 2
   "sip"                                  4           [2] 27.5
   "sipfrag"                              4           [14] 2

- Addition of a new reference

   35. R. Sparks, The Referred-By mechanism, 
      draft-ietf-sip-referredby-00.txt, May 2002, work in progress

- Appendix A. Addition of the Referred-By header

  "[CRLF]Referred-By: "                   3           [35] 9

- Appendix A. Addition of the 429 respone code (from referred-by)

   "429 "                                 5           [35] 9
   "429 Provide Referror Identity"        4           [35] 9     

- Appendix A. Addition of the multipart/signed body type

   "multipart/signed"                     4           [2] 23.3

- Text in response 422 has changed. The text:

   "422 "                                 5 0BBF 0004 [17] 6
   "422 Session Timer Too Small"          4 0BBF 001B [17] 6
 
   is replaced by

   "422 "                                 5           [17] 6, 12.2
   "422 Session Interval Too Small"       4           [17] 6, 12.2

- Removed the P-Media-Authorization header. This includes 

  - deleting reference 21 (draft-ietf-sip-call-auth)
  - deleting:

   "[CRLF]P-Media-Authorization: "        3 0C23 0019 [21] 5.1, 9
   "[CRLF]Media-Authorization: "          3 09AA 0017 [21] 5.1, 9

- Added the "pref" option tag, from the caller preferences draft:

   "pref"                                 5           [22] 4.1

- Removed all the feature tags from the caller preferences. The reason is that they become quite a lot of them, they even import those defined in RFC 2533, and they are rarely used. The following strings are removed:

  The following text is removed:

   ";class="                              5 00F2 0007 [22] 5.1
   ";duplex="                             5 00E3 0008 [22] 5.1
   ";feature="                            5 00C0 0009 [22] 5.1
   ";language="                           5 00A2 000A [22] 5.1
   ";media="                              5 00EB 0007 [22] 5.1
   ";mobility="                           5 0098 000A [22] 5.1
   "fixed"                                5 0112 0005 [22] 5.1
   "mobile"                               5 0106 0006 [22] 5.1
   "personal"                             5 02B8 0008 [22] 5.1
   "business"                             5 063F 0008 [22] 5.1
   "full"                                 5 011C 0004 [22] 5.1
   "half"                                 5 0C7F 0004 [22] 5.1
   "receive-only"                         5 0206 000C [22] 5.1
   "send-only"                            5 0AEC 0009 [22] 5.1
   "voice-mail"                           5 0000 000A [22] 5.1
   "attendant"                            5 069B 0009 [22] 5.1
   ";priority="                           5 00AC 000A [22] 5.1
   "description"                          5 0142 000B [22] 5.1
   ";methods="                            5 00D2 0009 [22] 5.1
   ";scheme="                             5 00DB 0008 [22] 5.2
   ";only="                               5 0100 0006 [22] 5.2

   "proxy"                                5 0355 0005 [22] 5.5
   "redirect"                             5 01BE 0008 [22] 5.5
   "cancel"                               5 014F 0006 [22] 5.5
   "no-cancel"                            5 014C 0009 [22] 5.5
   "fork"                                 5 063B 0004 [22] 5.5
   "no-fork"                              5 0638 0007 [22] 5.5
   "recurse"                              5 0AE7 0007 [22] 5.5
   "non-recurse"                          5 0AE3 000B [22] 5.5
   "parallel"                             5 022E 0008 [22] 5.5
   "sequential"                           5 0C98 000A [22] 5.5
   "queue"                                5 0E8E 0005 [22] 5.5
   "no-queue"                             5 0E8B 0008 [22] 5.5

- Added the strings "TRUE" and "FALSE" defined by the caller preferences:

   "TRUE"                                 4           [22] 6.2 
   "FALSE"                                4           [22] 6.2 

- Appendix B adds now the rtcp-fb related strings defined in draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-03.txt. The following text is added:

   "rtcp-fb"                              4           [31] 4  
   "ack"                                  4           [31] 4  
   "nack"                                 4           [31] 4  
   "ttr-int"                              4           [31] 4  
   "app"                                  4           [31] 4  
   "rpsi"                                 4           [31] 4  
   "pli"                                  4           [31] 4  
   "sli"                                  4           [31] 4  

 - the draft-ietf-sip-asserted-identity is removed, as it is 
   a P- header: 

   - Removed reference 33
   - Removed the following strings:

   "[CRLF]P-Asserted-Identity: "          3 098F 0017 [33] 13.1
   "[CRLF]Asserted-Identity: "            3 09DF 0015 [33] 13.1

   "id"                                   3 03D6 0002 [33] 13.1

- Appendix A. Added the option tag "privacy" defined in draft-ietf-sip-privacy-general-01.txt. Added:

   "privacy"                              4           [34] 4.2

- Added new reference to the standards track draft:

  36. D. Willis, B. Hoeneisen, Session Initiation Protocol Extension Header 
    Field for Service Route
                     Discovery During Registration
                      draft-ietf-sip-scvrtdisco-00

   "[CRLF]Service-Route: "                3           [36] 8

- Tons of references are updated.

Regards,

     Miguel

[email-masked] wrote:
>                                                   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Miguel-Angel Garcia                     Oy LM Ericsson AB
                                        Jorvas, Finland
mailto:[email-masked]     Phone:  +358 9 299 3553
mailto:[email-masked]        Mobile: +358 40 5140002
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP