Subject: [Sipping] Content - Indirect

From: Deepankar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:58:45 +0800

All,

Referring to "draft-ietf-sipping-content-indirect-02.txt".
If a Presence document hosted on a web server changes, how will the watcher
be notified of it ?
Has he, to subscribe for some event for notification on indirect content ?

Deeps

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Sean Olson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:18:25 -0700

The NOTIFY should carry the indication that the presence document has
changed.
It may, through content indirection, refer to a presence document on a
web server.
It is not the intention to replace SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY semantics with the
content
indirection mechanism.

Regards,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Deepankar
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 8:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Content - Indirect

All,

Referring to "draft-ietf-sipping-content-indirect-02.txt".
If a Presence document hosted on a web server changes, how will the
watcher be notified of it ? Has he, to subscribe for some event for
notification on indirect content ?

Deeps

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Deepankar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:29:42 +0800

Are those events defined in some package or coming up.

Deeps

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:29:24 -0400

This would work using the existing presence package.

The subscriber would send a SUBSCRIBE for the presentity (say 
[email-masked]). Their SUBSCRIBE would now contain the MIME type 
message/external-body in the Accept header, in addition to 
application/cpim-pidf+xml:

SUBSCRIBE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0
Accept: application/cpim-pidf+xml;q=0.4,message/external-body;q=1.0

this indicates to the presence server that indirection is preferred. So, 
a NOTIFY sent to it would contain the message/external-body, with an 
HTTP URL that points to application/cpim-pidf+xml presence document:

NOTIFY sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0
  Content-Type: message/external-body; access-type="URL";
    		   expiration="Mon, 24 June 2002 09:00:00 GMT";
    		   URL="http://www.example.com/user/pres-document"

Content-Type: application/cpim-pidf+xml

None of this requires a new package; its all within the scope of the 
document content negotiation mechanisms used by SIP.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com