Subject: [Sipping] INAP and SIP INFO

From: "F.S.Salloum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:01:22 +0300

Dear All,

Is there a draft dealing with encapsulation of INAP messages with the SIP
info message ?

Regards,

F.S.Salloum

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Bobby Sardana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 01:25:43 -0700

Check out the following drafts:

1) SIP-IN Interworking Protocol Architecture and Procedures
(http://www.bell-labs.com/mailing-lists/ietf-sin/draft-gurbani-sin-00.txt)

2) Intelligent Network Application Part (INAP) Support of the SIP/SDP
Architecture
(http://www.bell-labs.com/mailing-lists/ietf-sin/draft-haerens-sip-inap-00.txt)

regards,

Bobby Sardana.
[email-masked]

"F.S.Salloum" wrote:

> Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
> This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
> Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Ranjit Avasarala" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:56:08 +0530

refer this draft : draft-gurbani-sin-02.txt

Ranjit :-) 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
F.S.Salloum
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 11:31 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] INAP and SIP INFO

Dear All,

Regards,

F.S.Salloum

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:19:34 -0500

> (http://www.bell-labs.com/mailing-lists/ietf-sin/draft-gurbani-sin-00.txt)

That's actually pretty old; the latest one is at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-sin-02.txt

Regards,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Wireless Networks Group/Internet Software and Services
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:43:10 -0400

As far as I know, the draft below does not talk about "encapsulating 
INAP within INFO". It talks about INFO as one way to send DTMF, 
something which the SIP community generally has determined is NOT a good 
idea.

SIP is not a tunneling protocol, and I see little value in encapsulating 
something like INAP, which is not a "peer" of SIP, as ISUP is.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com