Subject: [Sipping] Standardizing the representation of SIP call flows using XML.

From: "M. Ranganathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:40:31 -0500

Dear SIP enthusiats:

I am working on a project which involves defining XML scripts to 
describe interactions between communicating SIP endpoints (user-agents). 
These scripts are used as an input to a customizable user agent to build 
build SIP services and may be an interesting way to web host newly 
proposed SIP extensions in a standardized way. It may also be a nice way 
of quickly bringing new extensions to market  without having to go 
through the long API standardization process.

Here is a pointer to a talk I presented on the subject:

http://www.antd.nist.gov/proj/iptel/ssp.ppt

 and a paper we submitted :

http://www.antd.nist.gov/proj/iptel/src/nist-sip/nist-sip-1.1/docs/white-paper/whitepaper.pdf

 The paper is in the written in the context of  testing SIP call flows 
but I think it can be extended to build services.

Our web tester which you can also access by visiting our project page at 
www.antd.nist.gov/proj/iptel  incorporates these ideas for a working 
demonstration.

I invite your participation in an interest group on the topic if you 
have an interest in firming up these ideas and (provided there is 
sufficient interest) jointly submitting a proposal to some (as yet 
undetermined) standardization  body. If you are interested, please send 
me mail and  if there is sufficient interest I will form a mailing list 
for disussing these ideas.  

I am posting both the sip-implementors and the sipping mailing list  in 
the hope that there will be some interest in being able to standardize 
the representation of call flows for SIP extensions. Please forgive 
possible duplication of this mail in your already crowded mailboxes.

I look forward to hearing from you on the topic.

Regards

Ranga.

-- 
M. Ranganathan
N.I.S.T. Advanced Networking Technologies Division 
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8920, Gaithersburg, MD 20899

tel:301-975-3664 fax:301-590-0932
http://w3.antd.nist.gov/index.html mailto:[email-masked]
Advanced Networking Technologies for the people!

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP