Subject: [Sipping] Re: [Sip] Registration Event Package vs. DEREGISTER method

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 15:28:21 -0500

this belongs on sipping.

[email-masked] wrote:

> In detail, Registration event package document says,
> UA subscribes to Registration event package in order to get notification 
> of changes of its registration state,
> for example registration expiration.
> 
> But how about Registrar sends DEREGISTER to UA when UA's registration 
> expires or is unregistered.
> Is it reasonable ? Thanks in advance.

Because we are interested in things besides de-registration. By using 
the event framework, we have a very general purpose tool which can solve 
many problems.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP