Subject: [Sipping] Early media: a summary

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:11:37 +0200

Folks,

I believe we have had interesting exchanges of ideas about early media
in the mailing list so far. We are getting a better understanding of the
problem.

I have submitted version 00 of the draft with a couple of modifications
from the pre-released version I made available last week.

I have added a section about media clipping avoidance summarizing all
the discussions we have had so far (Sections 2.3., 2.4 and 2.5). I would
like to know your opinion about the SDP media-level attribute that the
draft defines. It is backwards compatible and it can be used only by
systems with tough requirements regarding media clipping... do people
agree that the difference between a receiver not accepting media and a
sender not intending to send media is the issue we have to resolve?

Until it appears in the archives, you can fetch it from:

http://standards.ericsson.net/gonzalo/papers/draft-camarillo-sipping-early-media-00.txt

Let's try to resolve all the issues one by one. Let's focus now on media
clipping and then we will move on to the other issues we have. Otherwise
the mailing list discussions can easily get out of control.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gonzalo
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP