Subject: [Sipping] comments on conferencing-framework-00.txt

From: Steve Gardell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:40:13 -0500

Two comments on this excellent document:

First, many conferences, especially those involving Basic 
Participants will involve automata of some sort. For example
a VoiceXML dialog. Examples include a conference-aware
end-point to provide traditional conference bridge #/password
capture prior to joining the incoming call to "real" 
conference, and an announcement/invitation autonama to support
mass invitations from the focus. Automata may also be 
involved "inside" the conference. For example playing
announcements and looking for "in-band" command input from
one or more participants. Should this automata be captured
as a first-class citizen of the framework?

Secondly, I support the "sub-conference" model for side-
bar conferences since this seems to generalize better to
multiple and/or nested side-bars and it seems like a
better fit for the cascading mixer model.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP