Subject: [Sipping] work in progress from the app interaction design team

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:14:38 -0500

Folks,

The app interaction design team has been working quite diligently to 
progress its work, resolving issues like DTMF and stimulus signaling 
within SIP systems. Several drafts were released this round addressing 
this issue. Some have appeared in the I-D archive already, others are 
coming. They are:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-sipping-app-interaction-framework-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-kpml-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jennings-sip-app-info-00.txt

and an update to the requirements draft that Bert Culpepper and Robert 
Fairlie-Cuninghame have been working on.

THe first of these drafts provides the basic framework for how stimulus 
interaction works with applications, and it discusses the role of markup 
languages and media streams in that context. The second draft proposes a 
new markup language that allows network applications to collect 
traditional 12-digit keypad input from clients. The last of these 
proposes a SIP extension that can meet the requirements described in the 
framework document.

THis is definitely work-in-progress. There are still many open issues, 
not the least of which is the now-infamous HTTP vs. SIP for conveying 
keypad input to applications. But, there has been much progress generally.

Comments and questions welcome.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:35:55 -0600

In the draft <draft-rosenberg-sipping-conferencing-framework-00.txt>

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-app-interact
ion-framework-00.txt

Section 4 Usage of URI's should be expanded with some examples in the
next I-D version 01.

Thanks, Henry

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> On Behalf Of Jonathan Rosenberg
> Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 2:15 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sipping] work in progress from the app interaction 
> design team
> 
> 
> Folks,
> 
> Use [email-masked] for questions on current 
> sip Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP
>