Subject: [Sipping] 2 drafts on SIP Notification Filtering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:15:13 -0600

Greetings,

There are two drafts available in the ietf drafts directory related to the filtering of SIP notifications for clients and networks with limited resources. 

The goal is to allow clients (e.g. mobile clients) to specify the rules whereby the sending of notifications may be restricted to when and what the client wishes to be notified of.

The first draft defines a set of requirements for filtering.
 <<draft-moran-sipping-filter-reqs-00.url>> 
The second defines an architecture (framework) from which an application, e.g. presence, can define application specific filtering capabilities.
 <<draft-moran-sipping-filter-arch-01.url>> 

Regards,

Tim Moran

---

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Nov 2002 20:16:07 +0200

Hello all,

We have submitted two drafts regarding multimedia message
adaptation. A multimedia message is typically a message
containing images, audio or video clips and their presentation
information, e.g., smil. Also, even XML-formatted text may
require adaptation in some cases.

Our goal is to have a framework using SIP, HTTP and MIME that
allows a person sending multimedia message to adapt the message
contents suitable to all the recipients. In some cases the
adaptation can be done by the sending terminal, but we also see
that an adaptation service would be very useful in many cases. 
Such an adaptation mechanism is used by MMS service provided by
cellular networks nowadays.

The message adaptation work concerns both SIPPING and SIMPLE,
the requirements I-D lists use cases and requirements for
multimedia messaging and message adaptation solutions and the
framework I-D tries to explore possible solutions.

Best regards,
				Pekka

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-coulombe-message-adaptation-framework-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-coulombe-message-adaptation-requirements-00.txt
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Nov 2002 20:16:07 +0200

Hello all,

Best regards,
				Pekka

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-coulombe-message-adaptation-requirements-00.txt
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Nov 2002 20:24:13 +0200

While these drafts concern event filtering, too, the subject was
	a bit misleading because I lazily just followed up Tim's e-mail.

					Pekka