Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-barnes-sipping-history-info-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 07:54:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol for 
                          Request History Information
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes et al.
	Filename	: draft-barnes-sipping-history-info-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2002-12-20
	
This draft defines a standard mechanism for capturing the history 
information associated with a SIP request.  This capability enables 
many enhanced services by providing the information as to how and 
why a call arrives at a specific application or user.  This draft 
defines a new optional SIP header, History-Info, for capturing the 
history information in requests. A new option tag, HistInfo, to be 
included in the Supported header is defined to allow UAs to 
indicate whether the HistInfo should be returned in responses to a 
request which has captured the history information. The draft 
suggests the use of a secure transport mechanism such as TLS and 
the use of S/MIME for ensuring the security of the HistInfo.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-sipping-history-info-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-barnes-sipping-history-info-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barnes-sipping-history-info-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.