Subject: [Sipping] Protocol Action: A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Registrations to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:45:48 -0500

The IESG has approved publication of the Internet-Draft 'A Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Registrations'
<draft-ietf-sipping-reg-event-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
      This document defines a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event
      package for registrations. Through its REGISTER method, SIP
      allows a user agent to create, modify, and delete registrations.
      Registrations can also be altered by administrators in order to
      enforce policy. As a result, these registrations represent a
      piece of state in the network that can change dynamically. There
      are many cases where a user agent would like to be notified of
      changes in this state. This event package defines a mechanism by
      which those user agents can request and obtain such
      notifications. The mechanism has many practical uses and security
      considerations have been worked out with some care.

Working Group Summary

      This specification had good consensus after this generalization
      of the original individual submission.

Protocol Quality

      The specification was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

RFC Editor:

	Please replace each instance of:

		"bar.com" with "example.com"

	Please add to the end of the document before the Copyright 
	Statement a copy of the RFC 2026 10.4(A) and 10.4(B) notices under 
	the heading Intellectual Property Statement.

Thank you
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP