Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:59:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol Service Examples
	Author(s)	: A. Johnston, R. Sparks
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-05.txt
	Pages		: 166
	Date		: 2003-9-2
	
This document gives examples of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
services.  This covers most features offered in so-called IP Centrex
offerings from local exchange carriers and PBX (Private Branch
Exchange) features.  Most of the services shown in this document are
implemented in the SIP User Agents, although some require the
assistance of a SIP Proxy.  Some require some extensions to SIP
including the REFER, SUBSCRIBE, and NOTIFY methods and the Replaces
and Join headers. These features are not intended to be an exhaustive
set, but rather show implementations of common features likely to be
implemented on SIP IP telephones in a business environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:06:23 -0500

All,

Here are the changes to this draft:

    - Added Transfer using Instant Messaging call flow.

    - Added discussion to Single Line Extension to talk about implicit
    dialog subscriptions.

    - Added focus behavior to mixing examples.

    - Added optional 181 Call is Being Forwarded response to call
    forwarding scenarios.

    - Fixed branch IDs

    - Added early-only tag to Replaces in Call Pickup example to avoid
    race condition.

    - Added remote-target tag in Call Pickup flow NOTIFY body so that the
    Contact URI is known.

    - Added call flow showing user agent using Error-Info header field to
    retrieve an announcement.

I think the draft is essentially complete. I would propose getting 
volunteers to do a detailed review of sections of the document, perhaps at 
the same time as WGLC.

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
MCI

At 12:59 PM 9/2/2003 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-05.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-05.txt>

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Garland Sharratt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:01:03 -0700

Alan, currently the two "3-way Conference" examples assume the mixing is
done in the terminal.  I'd like to propose that the other important case,
where mixing is done in a separate conference bridge (e.g., SIP media
server), should also be included.

Regards,

Garland

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Alan Johnston
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 11:06
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] I-D
ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-05.txt

All,

    - Fixed branch IDs

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
MCI

At 12:59 PM 9/2/2003 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>         "FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-05.txt".

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:26:14 -0500

Garland,

If a separate bridge is used, then the call flow should be documented in 
the cc-conferencing draft - I agree that it is an important flow.  The 
Service Examples conferencing flows are just a very simple set of local 
mixing examples.

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
MCI