Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:49:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
                          Exploder Invocation
	Author(s)	: G. Camarillo
	Filename	: draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-9-11
	
This document describes the need for SIP exploders and provides
requirements for their invocation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Sean Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:59:09 -0700 (PDT)

This is a very interesting concept. Would this also
apply to aggregation of traffic between proxies? 

Regarding:

   4.  The UA MUST be able to provide credentials 
       to the exploder so that the exploder can use
       them to prove to the destinations that
       it is sending requests on behalf of the UA.

I think "credentials" is possibly too vague and/or 
misleading. For example, a user ID and password may
not be necessary. I can imagine a number of possible
implementation ranging from a plaintext password, to 
a Kerberos ticket, to some other type of security
token.

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP