Subject: [Sipping] npi=,ton= tag values for SIP to QSIG mapping (copy from sip mailinglist)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:23:26 -0500

This is a duplicate posting from SIP mailing list because now I feel
'sipping' is the proper mailing list to send this particular query.

What are the possible values for npi= and ton= tag values in the INVITE
Request-URI header in order to map QSIG NPI(Numbering Plan Indicator) &
TON(Type of Number. Same as NoA) numbers? Is there any draft available for
this? Or what is the current best/popular practise. I searched quite a bit,
but failed to get any draft or example from the web. Help really
appreciated.

-thanks,
Cibu

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Umesh Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:28:53 +0530

Acc. to draft-ietf-sipping-qsig2sip-02.txt
NPI and TON fields in the QSIG information element concerned SHALL be set 
to appropriate values in accordance with
International Standard ISO/IEC 11571 "Private Integrated Services Networks 
(PISN) - Addressing" .

thanks..
umesh