Subject: RE: [Sipping] :draft-jain-sipping-srtp-00.txt

From: Kavita Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:54:13 -0400

Dear Mr. Naslund,

Thanks for your email. I sincerely apologize for the dealyed response as we
were moving into our new offices. 

In general, as the draft mentions, this is a simple approach that will work
with the existing SIP/SDP headers. The scheme can be made more secured by
defining new headers, if needed. Also, as I mentioned in my past emails, the
scheme proposes a way only to exchange a key with the existing SIP headers.
The end point can use that key for any purpose. In our case we are using it
for SRTP. 

My apology for the slip of pen, DH versus DES. I indeed meant to write DES.
Thanks for your understanding. Again, DES is just a *default* way to encrypt
the data. Any encryption can be used once that can be communicated to the
peer. I must accept that I do not know the details of wireless network,
therefore, I will be very limited to express my opinion on that issue. 

Thanks

kavita

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP