Subject: [Sipping] exploders (and imploders)

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:44:03 -0700

Question about the requirements.... Imagine A sends a message to an exploder
B that sends to C1 through C100. Now does A need to find out about the
status of all the message to the Cs, or none, or just some aggregate
information.

Cullen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:21:48 +0300

Cullen,

we already use exploders for presence lists, and they are needed in 
MESSSAGE and in INVITE for some application. What I have in mind is to 
come up with a single general solution for all these cases...

> B that sends to C1 through C100.

What is C100? Is it a proxy, a B2BUA...?

> Now does A need to find out about the

Something similar to presence lists. Let's say that we are dealing with 
a 1-to-n MESSAGE. A wants to know when the 200 OKs (or 202s) are 
received for all the transactions. If there were non-100 provisional 
responses, A could be informed about them as well (but that would only 
apply to INVITE, most likely).

Gonzalo

---

From: "M. Ranganathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:36:22 -0400

Hello!

I think a scheme can be devised around using templates for SIP messages. 
ie. A regular expression pattern matching scheme which is aware of the 
pecuiliarities header ordering can be devised. Thus a single such 
template can match a class of incoming messages. To generate outgoing 
messages, a rule based scheme that substitutes matches can be devised. 
We have done something similar for testing in our work on "Testing SIP 
using Protocol Templates"

http://dns.antd.nist.gov/proj/iptel/papers/whitepaper.pdf

I dont know if this is in line with what you are thinking about or 
whether a similar mechanism can be devised which does not use XML for 
defining the matching and generation of messages. If it is of interest, 
I should like to discuss it.

Regards
Ranga

Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:

> Something similar to presence lists. Let's say that we are dealing 
> with a 1-to-n MESSAGE. A wants to know when the 200 OKs (or 202s) are 

-- 
M. Ranganathan 

Advanced Networking Technologies Divsion,
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST),
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8920, Gaithersburg, MD 20899. 

tel:301 975 3664 , fax:301 590 0932 , http://w3.antd.nist.gov

Advanced Networking Technologies For the People!