Subject: [Sipping] draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:34:22 -0400

We have submitted the draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00. Until it is
available in the I-D archive, you can download it from:

http://drafts.mhof.com/draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00.txt

Thanks,

Volker

-----------
Session Initiation Proposal                                      V. Hilt
Investigation Working Group                Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies
Internet-Draft                                              J. Rosenberg
Expires: March 29, 2004                                      dynamicsoft
                                                       September 29, 2003

             Supporting Intermediary Session Policies in SIP
                   draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00

Abstract

    Proxy servers play a central role as an intermediary in the
    establishment of sessions in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
    In that role, they define and impact policies on call routing,
    rendezvous, and other call features. However, there is no standard
    means by which network elements can have any influence on session
    policies, such as the codecs that are to be used. As such, ad-hoc and
    non-conformant techniques have been deployed to allow for such
    session policy mechanisms. In this document, we discuss a complete
    and standards-based mechanism for session policies.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP