Subject: [Sipping] T.38 call flows - glare

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:13:14 -0500

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding the  draft-ietf-sipping-realtimefax-01.txt .

 1. The paragraph in the abstract says, Fax transmission can be detected by the receiving side, the emitting side or both
(in the latter case, a 'glare' effect may appear).

Glare as per the offer/answer model  "If an agent receives an offer after having sent one, but before receiving an answer to it, this is considered
a "glare"condition." and further below says "it means both agents have attempted to send an updated offer at the same time."
So does "glare may appear" make sense ? On detection of fax at both ends, typically both the receiver & the emitter will send
out T.38 re-invites with an updated offer, then wont this *always*  be a glare condition ?  or am i missing something here ?

2.The draft doesnt have call-flows for the glare cases or may be glare cases.  how should the glare case be handled ?
should the one that detected the glare respond with "491request pending" ?  what if the UA is a non 3261 complient one ?

thanks
-Sharath

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP