Subject: [Sipping] MIME media types for SCCP and TCAP Objects

From: Vikram Nair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:02:39 +0530

Greetings to all,

Wanted to bring attention of the list on this new draft. Any
comments/feedback are welcome.

tx
- Vikram

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:06:45 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nair-sccp-tcap-mime-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

Title             : MIME media types for SCCP and TCAP Objects
Author(s) : V. Nair
Filename    : draft-nair-sccp-tcap-mime-00.txt
Pages : 8
Date : 2005-3-8

This document describes MIME types as per the rules defined in RFC
  2048 [2] for application/SCCP and application/TCAP objects, for use
  in SIP applications. These MIME definitions will be typically used
  in deployments where interworking to the PSTN is required for call
  related and non-call related messages exchanged using services of
  SCCP and TCAP SS7 stack layers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nair-sccp-tcap-mime-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-nair-sccp-tcap-mime-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
[email-masked].
In the body type:
"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nair-sccp-tcap-mime-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
-------------- next part --------------
Skipped content of type multipart/alternative

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:17:03 -0500

A comment related with the concept rather than with the draft itself:
I think, using SIP as transport to carry SCCP/TCAP is not a good idea. IMHO,
it is abuse of SIP and in addition to that makes the concepts/constructs of
PSTN domain visible to SIP domain entities.

  Tolga

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Vikram Nair
> Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 7:33 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sipping] MIME media types for SCCP and TCAP Objects
>
>
> Greetings to all,
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:58:44 -0600

Yes, it is not a very good use of SIP to carry SCCP/TCAP. Besides, a SIP
phone could not talk directly to such an environment.

Thanks, Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Tolga Asveren [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 8:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] MIME media types for SCCP and TCAP Objects

  Tolga