Subject: [Sipping] DNS servers

From: "Suganya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:22:55 +0530

Hai all,
What is the explanation for responsive dns servers and non-responsive dns
servers

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jim Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:45:42 +0000

>>>>> "Suganya" == Suganya  <[email-masked]> writes:

    Suganya> Hai all, What is the explanation for responsive dns
    Suganya> servers and non-responsive dns servers

Responsive servers reply and non-responsive ones don't. The reasons
why a server doesn't reply should be obvious: the server is dead; it's
unreachable because of a network fault (routing or physical cabling);
the server is too busy to reply in time (or the client's too impatient
to wait for a reply); the computer is alive but it isn't running a
name server; some misguided access policy or misconfigured
router/firewall is blocking DNS traffic; etc, etc.