Subject: RE: [Sipping] Vedio On Demand with SIP

From: Avasarala Ranjit-A20990 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:55:42 +0530

Hi
    Ideally RTSP is the protocol used for VoD. So here you can do subscribe/notify and then initiate RTSP session for downloading the file. 

Regards
Ranjit

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Debashis Mohapatra
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 7:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Vedio On Demand with SIP

Hi All,
	We are trying to implement Vedio On Demand using SIP. Where a UAC (SIP
phone) can request for a perticular vedio file to be displayed. Now the idea is the UAC will subscribe for a list of file avialable in the server and server will notify the UAC with list of file.
	Now the UAC will send the request for the particular file in the Request URI of the invite message. Is it possible to send a file name in the Request URI of the INVITE message?
	We have been sending the file name in the Request URI, but the SIP proxy is stripping it of from the Request URI header. Is there any way avialable to send the request of a media file to be played by server through SIP message?

	Waiting for an your valuable suggestions..

Regards

Debashis Mohapatra
Technical Associate(CoE-IN-VoIP)
Mahindra British Telecom, PUNE
Ph:020-56018100, Ext:2869/2867
www.mahindrabt.com

*********************************************************
Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of MBT and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s).   In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender.  The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of MBT.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus.  However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and MBT is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use

*********************************************************

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Huve, Frederic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:37:52 +0100

Hi,

Another way of looking at this with the introduction of video is to have
the UAS capable to compose a Video picture/clip from the "Text list" of
available movies, and then the client use DTMF or voice to select the
movie (no more problems w/ proxies as the information are exchanged in a
standard way on the data channel)... Regarding RTSP many flaws have been
identified, pls see
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-09.txt

Cheers,
Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Avasarala Ranjit-A20990
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 6:26 PM
To: Debashis Mohapatra; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Vedio On Demand with SIP

Hi
    Ideally RTSP is the protocol used for VoD. So here you can do
subscribe/notify and then initiate RTSP session for downloading the
file. 

Regards
Ranjit

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Debashis Mohapatra
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 7:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Vedio On Demand with SIP

Hi All,
	We are trying to implement Vedio On Demand using SIP. Where a
UAC (SIP
phone) can request for a perticular vedio file to be displayed. Now the
idea is the UAC will subscribe for a list of file avialable in the
server and server will notify the UAC with list of file.
	Now the UAC will send the request for the particular file in the
Request URI of the invite message. Is it possible to send a file name in
the Request URI of the INVITE message?
	We have been sending the file name in the Request URI, but the
SIP proxy is stripping it of from the Request URI header. Is there any
way avialable to send the request of a media file to be played by server
through SIP message?

Regards

Debashis Mohapatra

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s)
or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of MBT
and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by
anyone other than the intended addressee(s).   In case you are not the
desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to
the sender.  The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the
enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states
them to be the views of MBT.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be
free of any virus.  However, it is the responsibility of the recipient
to ensure that it is virus free and MBT is not responsible for any loss
or damage arising in any way from its use

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP