Subject: [Sipping] question about request uri in register request

From: Juha Heinanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:08:11 +0200

when i read rfc3261, i get an impression that request uri of register
request must contain one of the domains the registrar is responsible
for:

10.2 Constructing the REGISTER Request

Request-URI: The Request-URI names the domain of the location service
for which the registration is meant (for example, sip:chicago.com). The
userinfo and  @  components of the SIP URI MUST NOT be present.

and

10.3 Processing REGISTER Requests

A registrar is a UAS that responds to REGISTER requests and maintains a
list of bindings that are accessible to proxy servers and redirect
servers within its administrative domain.

...

A registrar has to know (for example, through configuration) the set of
domain(s) for which it maintains bindings.

When receiving a REGISTER request, a registrar follows these steps:

1. The registrar inspects the Request-URI to determine whether it has
access to bindings for the domain identified in the Request-URI.

however, when i look at register requests in RFC 3665, their request
uris contain domain name of the registrar host, not the domain for which
the registrar maintains bindings, for example,

REGISTER sips:ss2.biloxi.example.com SIP/2.0
   Via: SIP/2.0/TLS client.biloxi.example.com:5061;branch=z9hG4bKnashds7
   Max-Forwards: 70
   From: Bob <sips:[email-masked]>;tag=a73kszlfl
   To: Bob <sips:[email-masked]>

can someone tell me what i'm missing here.  sorry if this an old issue.

-- juha

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP