Subject: [Sipping] draft-petrie-sipping-profile-datasets-00

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:32:46 -0800

This is on the agenda but has expired - you can find a copy at

http://www.softarmor.com/wgdb/docs/draft-petrie-sipping-profile-datasets-00.
txt

Actually the 01 expired version is on the agenda which is perhaps very
appropriate for the discussion :-)

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Daniel G. Petrie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:43:28 -0800 (PST)

Due to a hickup on IPR statement on my part the 01 
version is not yet on the ietf web site.  The 01
version has not expired.  It is only a few weeks
old.

Please review the 01 version at the links below, not
the 00 version.

Text:
http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/ietf-drafts/petrie/profile-data-sets/draft-petrie-sipping-profile-datasets-01.txt
Html:
http://scm.sipfoundry.org/viewsvn/*checkout*/ietf-drafts/petrie/profile-data-sets/draft-petrie-sipping-profile-datasets-01.html?rev=436

> Sipping mailing list 
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:26:48 -0500

Daniel:

some quick remarks:

Broken sentences

assume that the only the device own/manager or the local network

  requirements can be rationalize

---

I find the requirements section confusing. It hops all over the place - 
I have a hard time parsing where this is going and what are very 
specific requirements and what are generic ones. I think this needs a 
do-over, as it probably accumulated over time. Mixing in 'XML' with 
requirements doesn't help.

I probably mentioned this before, but it seems we're basically 
re-inventing RDF: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/

Clearly, NETCONF is also closely related. If the draft talks about 
requirements, it would seem appropriate to discuss why these related 
efforts are indeed unsuitable as the basis for the data format.