Subject: RE: [Sipping] sipping-config-framework-06 general

From: "Michael Hammer \(mhammer\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:00:28 -0500

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dan Petrie
>Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 6:15 PM
>To: Cullen Jennings (fluffy); sipping
>Subject: Re: [Sipping] sipping-config-framework-06 general 
>
>Cullen:
>Thanks for the detailed review and great comments. 
>Responses inline below:
>
[snip]  new comments I hope!

Dan,

P. 9 bottom:  "A separate SUBSCRIBE dialog is used for each profile
type."
P. 10 top: "..SUBSCRIBE request MUST include the MIME types for *all*
profile content types..."

Is it one or all?  Also, is there some reason the ABNF is not simplified
to:
profile-value = "device" / "user" / "application" / "local" / token   ?

If the intent is to have a different type of list, then wouldn't you
also want the 3rd line extensible:
profile-types = "device" / "user" / "application" / "local" / token   ?

What if I want to add a type called "wan" that is active simultaneously
with "local" so I know not only the local access network policy, but
also the inter-ISP/ITSP policy?  Maybe a "credit" card profile?  Who
know?

P. 14 top:  "If content indirection is used ... notifier does not need
to authenticate the subscription..."

This seems to open the door to abuse.  What if I spoof my neighbor and
subscribe as him?  Can multiple subscriptions for him be made at once?
If not, can I block him?  If yes, can I deluge you with bogus
subscriptions and exhaust the resources of your server?  Can I set up
multiple to cause a network storm of notifications all at once.  I would
feel comfortable if why this is safe were elaborated a bit more.

P. 15 top:  "..change the default user associated with the device
indicated in the SUBSCRIBE URI."  Is the "default user" or the "device"
indicated in the URI?

P. 17 example:  Is this one body or two?  Shouldn't the --boundary42
separate the two bodies?

Overall, great document.

Mike

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP