Subject: [Sipping] Re: WGLC: SIP service quality reporting

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:34:40 -0600

On Mar 29, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Amy Pendleton wrote:

> Due to the number of comments received on this draft, I would like to 
> recommend the generation of another draft version and putting the new 
> draft through a last call.  There were no major issues but a number of 
> small items need to be addressed:
> ...

Recommendation:

1) Produce the new version as planned.

2) Produce a separate "discussion of changes" for the new document.

This should include, for each issue that the new document addresses:

a) Background of the issue. Define the issue, and why what was in the 
old text didn't work.
b) Discussion of exactly how the new document addresses the issue.

I believe Dan R. had a list of things that he wanted to see covered in 
this document. I think I've condensed this to the critical pieces, but 
you might review his email and see if I've missed anything. If unclear 
on what he's asking for, ask me. Or ask Dan -- he's usually reasonable 
about answering questions ;-)

3) When the new document version is published on internet-drafts, send 
a note to the list including a pointer to the new document and 
including the "discussion of changes" from #2 above. Basically, this 
should say "I believe this new version addresses all the comments 
discussed in WGLC. Those issues were resolved as follows . . . (issue 
by issue review, as above)"

4) After this gets on the list, and partially dependent on the 
following discussion, the chairs can judge consensus (we may ask the 
list "Hey, does this reasonably address everybody's issues?") and 
decide whether we need to re-do the last call. Chances are, we won't 
need to formally re-do the last call. But we may have missed an issue 
or two, which might require another small revision of the document.

Thanks!

--
Dean Willis
co-chair, SIPPING

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:48:31 -0700

It may speed things up if we could have some more discussions on the list on some of the technical comments raised during the first WGLC - I mean more interactive exchanges before the "new draft version" is published.

Jean-Francois

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dean Willis [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:35 AM
> To: Amy Pendleton
> Cc: Rohan Mahy; Alan Clark; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> Gonzalo Camarillo; Sinnreich,Heinrich (Henry Sinnreich)
> Subject: [Sipping] Re: WGLC: SIP service quality reporting
> 
>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:18:20 +0200

Thanks - it's been a while since I last received such a compliment :-)

The answers from Amy and Henry were ... reasonable. I am looking forward to the edits. 

Regards,

Dan