Subject: [Sipping] Consent Framework: PUBLISH vs. XCAP vs. Hybrid

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:04:37 -0600

Hi Everyone,

[as an individual]

Jonathan spoke very eloquently about a bunch of things that we will be 
able to do in the future (particularly around advanced security). He 
used this as a justification for making XCAP the mandatory to implement 
mechanism. *But* we have Identity now.  We have deployable, defined, 
implementable security NOW that we can take advantage of today when 
using PUBLISH.

I propose that NOW in this case is a feature, and a very important one 
at that.

Folks that implement XCAP will still be able to take advantage of the 
new stuff that Jonathan mentioned when it becomes available.

thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP