Subject: [Sipping] RFC 3262 and Offer Answer Model.

From: Venkatesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:22:08 -0800

Hi:

Per section 5 of RFC 3262, a UA MUST generate an 'answer' in a PRACK
request if it received an offer in a reliable provisional response.
This is kind of limiting from the UA's perspective in scenarios where
it is not ready to issue an answer until the far end actually answers
the call. Is there any rational as to why this is a MUST requirement
??

Regards,
Venkatesh

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Venkatesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:00:53 -0800

Hi:

Reposting query....

Per section 5 of RFC 3262, a UA MUST generate an 'answer' in a PRACK
request if it received an offer in a reliable provisional response.
This is kind of limiting from the UA's perspective in scenarios where
it is not ready to issue an answer until the far end actually answers
the call (for example in cases where a request got forked and the UA
is receiving multiple 1xx responses with SDP, it might want to delay
providing an answer until one of the branches answer the call). Is
there any rational as to why this is a MUST requirement
??

Regards,
Venkatesh