Subject: [Sipping] v6-transition-00

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:05:57 -0800

I like the draft but I think there could be more detail on on the DNS stuff
and some of the strange interactions it has. Be nice to give some idea how
to set up a proxy with SRV and dual stack. Also if a sip stack is sending on
say a v6 address, then gets a transmission error and goes to the next DNS
entry in the target set, which happens to be v4, it has to recomputed
several things in the message. It will need to change the via or contact.
And if the contact changed, it would need to recomputed the Identity header
and any AIBs. 

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that  proxy that received on v4 and sent
on v6 has to record route. The response will route correctly because of the
via and future request will work as long as the next hop was also dual
stack. The ensuring the proxy stays in the path becomes very hard with
things like GRUUS and REFER unless it is actually a B2BUA.

Cullen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP