Subject: [Sipping] resource record

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:37:53 +0530 (IST)

I need some domain names which has naptr records, srv records.

I knew rfc1035.com and isc.org. I have tested my dns qurying/parsing with
these two.

I need some more to check my code.

Cheers

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Frank Shearar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:29:36 -0000

> I need some more to check my code.

Probably the simplest thing to do (having just done so myself) is to run a nameserver locally with fake info. This also allows you to fiddle around as you like without disturbing "real" nameservers.

For instance, here's the zonefile for the (entirely fictitious) Low Earth Orbit Internet eXchange domain:

<quote>
; This file exists as a mock name server for SIP work.

$TTL    3600

@       IN      SOA     leo-ix.net. root.localhost.localdomain.  (
                                20050302        ; Serial
                                3600    ; Refresh
                                900     ; Retry
                                3600000 ; Expire
                                3600 )  ; Minimum
@      IN NS   ns1.leo-ix.net.

;;                   order pref flags service      regexp  replacement
leo-ix.net. IN NAPTR 0     0    "s"   "SIPS+D2T"   ""      _sips._tcp
leo-ix.net. IN NAPTR 0     0    "s"   "SIP+D2T"    ""      _sip._tcp
leo-ix.net. IN NAPTR 0     0    "s"   "SIP+D2U"    ""      _sip._udp

;;                          priority weight port name
_sips._tcp.leo-ix.net.  SRV 1        2      5061 paranoid
_sips._tcp.leo-ix.net.  SRV 1        1      5061 paranoid-bak
_sip._tcp.leo-ix.net.   SRV 2        0      5060 sip-proxy
_sip._udp.leo-ix.net.   SRV 3        0      5060 sip-proxy

ns1             A       127.0.0.1
paranoid        A       127.0.0.1
paranoid        A       127.0.0.2
paranoid-bak    A       127.0.1.1
sip-proxy       A       127.0.0.2
</quote>

Hope that helps,

frank

*******************************************************************
This email and attachments (if any) must be swept for viruses before opening. Their contents may be confidential or privileged and are intended solely for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this email in error you must not read or use this email and should notify RNID on: +44 (0) 20 7296 8282.

RNID, Registered Office 19-23 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England, Registered Charity No. 207720)

********************************************************************