Subject: [Sipping] voipeer BOF presentations

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 02:33:06 -0700

http://www.1-4-5.net/~dmm/IETF/IETF63/VOIPEER/slides

	I'm still trying to collect a few of the presentations.

	Dave
	
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "John Horrocks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:54:37 +0100

Hi David

I would have liked to attend and present the ECC TRIS work but cannot make
it.

Please feel free to circulate and put on your web page the attached draft
report and to draw attention to the ECC Consultation (see
http://www.ero.dk/consultation)

The draft new ECC Report 74 on Access to emergency calls based on voice over
IP Download Report 74
The draft new ECC Report 75 on a Model for Interconnection in IP-based
networks Download Report 75
Comments to the above reports from ECC PT2 are invited from CEPT
administrations and any other interested parties not later than 9 September
2005 and should be forwarded to the European Radiocommunications Office
preferably by e-mail to Mr Jukka Rakkolainen, ERO: [email-masked]

Best wishes

John Horrocks
+44 1483 797807
[email-masked]
Skype: "johnhorrocks"

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
David Meyer
Sent: 04 August 2005 10:33
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Enum] voipeer BOF presentations

	Dave

---

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:35:17 +0100

David,

Thanks for (most of) slides.

I was planning on attending the BoF... until it was re-scheduled to clash 
with tsvwg where I was presenting. Ugh.

I understand the upshot was a re-BoF was requested for next IETF.

My take (particularly on your slides) is that you can't talk about 
gathering requirements in isolation from what these requirements are being 
gathered for. Before a BoF we need a view on which area(s) the IETF (and 
specifically some new w-g that this BoF is expecting to start) is 
eventually planning on setting standards in. This involves determining 
which standards areas from the pick list you've given will NOT be done in 
the IETF (because there might be better fora).

Finally, given your original charter had the words long-term in it, I 
wanted to share a paper we've just completed on how the long term economics 
of IP QoS interconnect will pan out. It covers:
- where value will be generated, where profits will be eroded and why,
- how QoS will be provided,
- how accountability will be done,
- how the session layer relates to the network and transport layers and 
specifically to QoS.

Commercial Models for IP Quality of Service Interconnect, Bob Briscoe & 
Steve Rudkin (BT), in BTTJ Special Edition on IP Quality of Service, 23(2) 
(Apr 2005). (26pp, 44 refs, 8 figs; pre-print)
<http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/pubs.html#ixqos>

Cheers

Bob

>         I'm still trying to collect a few of the presentations.

____________________________________________________________________________
Notice: This contribution is the personal view of the author and does not 
necessarily reflect the technical nor commercial direction of BT plc.
____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                           Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/130 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.   +44 1473 645196