Subject: [Sipping] Protocol Action: 'A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference State' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:01:53 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference State '
   <draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-12.txt

Technical Summary

  This specifications defines a conference event package for the Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events framework, along with a data format
   used in notifications for this package.  The conference package
   allows users to subscribe to a conference URI.  Notifications are
   sent about changes in the membership of this conference and
   optionally about changes in the state of additional conference
   components.  

   The specification registers a new media type, 
   application/conference-info+xml.  It also establishes a new
   SIP registry, the SIP URI Purposes registry.
  
Working Group Summary
 
 The specification received extensive, detailed review by the working
  group, and when it was passed through WG Last Call, the consensus
  was strong for advancement.  The use of this approach has had 
  consensus from the beginning, so the review was about specific
  elements and representations.  

  3GPP has notified IETF that this specification is a critical dependency.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The ietf-types review for the media type did not find problems, but a
 couple of problems caught in chair review were corrected.  Rohan Mahy
 gave a particularly detailed Chair/Last Call review.  Gonzalo 
 Camarillo has  been the working group chair shepherd, and Allison Mankin
 has been the responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP