Subject: [Sipping] draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 04:41:24 -0400

During the SIPPING meeting, the concern was raised that the media 
privacy tags could never guarantee such privacy and that devices may not 
be able to determine their privacy. This is true, but I think somewhat 
besides the point.

This type of indication/request can never be perfect, but can prevent 
some "accidents". I think this is mostly useful where devices are known 
not to be reliably-private, e.g., pay and lobby phones. For example, in 
a doctor's office, having a mechanism that indicates that such devices 
should not be used can be helpful.

Also, my perception was that there was a fair amount of interest in the 
recording issue. Maybe this can be broken out as needed.

I'd value further feedback on where to take this work.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP