Subject: [Sipping] TISPAN Requirements Work

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:05:28 -0500

I've received a large number of responses to the request for volunteers 
to assist with translating the ETSI TISPAN requirements into high-level 
requirements that are more approachable by SIPPING working group 
participants.

My current plan is to create a separate mailing list (presumably 
[email-masked]) for this discussion. I've submitted the 
paperwork to host this list at IETF.ORG, and anticipate that it will 
become active within the next few days.

I plan to initially populate this list with the addresses of the 
individuals from whom I have received "statements of volunteerism", but 
I propose making the list open to anyone who wishes to subscribe. I'll 
inform the SIPPING list when this step is completed.

Once the list is established and initially populated, I'll post some 
kick-off discussions. You may wish to think about approaches by which 
this work can be organized.

My initial proposal will be that we concentrate on producing a 
consensus internet-draft that focuses on very high-level, "user 
experience" considerations condensed from the current "jesske" draft.

For each feature in "jesske", I would like to include in our draft:

1) An explanatory discussion of the feature using Internet terminology.

2) A use case for the feature using an approximation of XML 
terminology. This use case should describe the actors relevant to the 
use case and the information elements being communicated between those 
actors that are critical to the feature being discussed.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:44:57 -0700

Do you mean UML where you have XML below?

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:17:33 -0500

>> actors that are critical to the feature being discussed.

Yes, I mean UML.

There are too many acronyms in my head. It needs rinsing.
May I be excused now?

--
dean