Subject: [Sipping] New draft about SIP UA media negotiation

From: Cuda Alberto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:11:46 +0100

Hi all,
    following the discussion in Vancouver about PRACK implementation issues
and the complexities of session establishment and negotiation, we have
just submitted an initial draft as a contribution to the discussion.

Rather than using a single big state machine (like the one presented by 
Rohan
at the meeting), we try to address the issues by using a network of smaller
state machines, each one performing a specific task.

This should help discovering all the corner cases and provide a "reference"
implementation of draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-00 as an help for
SIP implementors and SIP extension authors.

Until the draft appears on the IETF repository, it is available at
the following URL:

http://sipdemo.tilab.com/drafts/draft-cuda-sipping-ua-fsm-00.txt

There's also a Promela implementation of the FSMs:

http://sipdemo.tilab.com/drafts/draft-cuda-sipping-ua-fsm-00.pml

This draft is still at an early stage (with lots of open issues and
untested/unimplemented behaviours), yet if the WG is interested, we
could refine this work with your collaboration.

Comments are welcome.

    Cheers.
       Alberto & Enrico.

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP