Subject: [Sipping] Feedback on voicemail-uri

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:22:48 -0600

The text says:

2.2.  Cause

    Cause is a URI parameter that is used to indicate the service that
    the UAS receiving the message should perform.  The following values
    for this URI parameter are defined:

I'd like to think that the "cause" represents the reason why the call is 
being forwarded to voice mail, and is information that the UM system MAY 
use to determine its behavior in dealing with the call. The wording you 
have here seems to imply a limitation on the possible range of services 
that the UM UAS might be able to perform, which is uncool. Admiteedly, 
we have a bounded set of INPUTS to the UM server (based on the bounded 
set of codes from TDM), but the range of RESPONSES to those inputs is, I 
believe, unbounded.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP