Subject: [Sipping] SIPPING secretary: The SIPPING webpage is updated

From: "Oscar Novo \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:03:44 +0100

Folks,

Remember that you can find all the SIPPING draft completely update in
http://www.softarmor.com/wgdb/?wg=SIPPING

This last two month many draft have expired. I have put them in the
Morgue list (http://www.softarmor.com/wgdb/?wg=SIPPING&expired=1)

Here, I send you the draft that have expired in December 2005 and
January 2006:

The P-Answer-State Header Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) for the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Push to talk over Cellular
(PoC)
draft-allen-sipping-poc-p-answer-state-header-00

Use Cases for Session-Specific Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session
Policies
draft-hilt-sipping-policy-usecases-00

SIP Reason header extension for indicating redirection reasons 
draft-elwell-sipping-redirection-reason-02.txt

SIP Offer/Answer and Middlebox Communication with End-to-End Security
draft-wing-sipping-multipart-mixed-00

A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Device
Information 
draft-rahman-sipping-device-info-02.txt 

Analysis of the Input Requirements for the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) in support for the European Telecommunications Standards Institute
(ETSI) Next Generation Networks (NGN) simulation services  
draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-analysis-00.txt

Input Requirements for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) in support
for the European Telecommunications Standards Institute  (ETSI) Next
Generation Network (NGN) simulation services 
draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-01 
    
The requirement for direct transcoding with Session Initiation Protocol 
draft-kang-sipping-dtransc-requirement-00.txt

SIP Telephony Device Requirements and Configuration
draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-07.txt

Requirements for the interworking between IPv4-based H.323 system and
IPv6-based SIP conference system
draft-ma-h323-sip-conf-requirement-00.txt

A P2P Approach to SIP Registration and Resource Location
draft-bryan-sipping-p2p-01

A Solution to the Heterogeneous Error Response Forking Problem (HERFP)
in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
draft-mahy-sipping-herfp-fix-00.txt

SIP Identity Usage in Enterprise Scenarios
draft-fries-sipping-identity-enterprise-scenario-00.txt

The Core Session Initiation Protocol User Agent Profile Data Set
draft-petrie-sipping-sip-dataset-00.txt

Key reuse in Secure MIME for the Session Initiation Protocol(SIP)
draft-ono-sipping-smime-keyreuse-01

 Requirements for Assured End-to-End Signaling Security  within the
Session Initiation Protocol
 draft-polk-sipping-e2e-sec-assurance-00

 Problems with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events Framework
 draft-niemi-sipping-subnot-issues-00

Recommended Relationships between Different Types of Identifiers.
draft-schulzrinne-sipping-id-relationships-00.txt

 Implementing Bridged Line Appearances (BLA) Using Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) 
draft-anil-sipping-bla-02.txt 

Private Header (P-Header) Extensions to the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) in support of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute
(ETSI) Next Generation Networks (NGN)
draft-garcia-sipping-etsi-ngn-p-headers-00

Conceptual Deployment Scenarios of Session/Border Control(S/BC)
Functions 
draft-sohel-sipping-s-bc-concept-arch-00.txt

ATIS PTSC Work Program
draft-dolly-sipping-atis-ptsc-00.txt

Session Initiation Protocol Event Packages for Calendaring
draft-niemi-sipping-cal-events-00

 Trust Path Discovery
draft-ono-trust-path-discovery-00

Reg Event Package Extension for GRUUs
draft-kyzivat-sipping-gruu-reg-event-03

Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Notification Extension for
Notification Throttling
draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-03

A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference State
draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-12

Marketing Buzzword "SIPPING 16" Considered Harmful
draft-mahy-sipping-16-02.txt

Payment for Services in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
draft-jennings-sipping-pay-02

Use of the Reason header filed in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
responses 
draft-jesske-sipping-etsi-ngn-reason-00.txt 

Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session Mobility
draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-01

ATIS PTSC Work Program
draft-dolly-sipping-atis-ptsc-00.txt

Registration Coupled Subscriptions in the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP)
draft-rosenberg-sipping-reg-sub-00

Architecture and Design Principles of the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP)
draft-rosenberg-sipping-sip-arch-01

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Spam
draft-ietf-sipping-spam-01

Instance Identifiers for SIP User Agents
draft-jennings-sipping-instance-id-01.txt

SIP Offer/Answer with Multipart Alternative
draft-jennings-sipping-multipart-01

Thanks,

Oscar Novo

SIPPING secretary

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:32:27 -0600

Oscar,

Some of those documents you've put in the morgue shouldn't be there as
they've become RFCs (or are in the RFC Editor's Q).  I'm not sure what
the process is, but I would think they should stay in the active
document page and add a link to the RFC OR just drop them altogether.  I
think it's misleading, however, to put them in the morgue.  One that I
see right off that this applies to is:

- A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference State
draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-12

Also the -10 and -11 versions of that don't seem to be in the morgue
(I've got those cached on my machine and I imagine the authors have them
as well).  

And, I noticed that the -11 version of netann is also in the morgue
(it's not on your list below), but that's been published as RFC 4240. 

I know that maintaining this information is ALOT of work for you and I'm
really wondering if it's absolutely necessary any longer since the IETF
document tracking tools have improved vastly since this information was
initially maintained on these alternate pages. I agree it's nice to have
older versions of documents available since they disappear from the
repository and it's nice to see the individual documents that are not
yet working group documents altogether.  But, I find it easier now to
keep track of working group documents using the IETF tools. It might be
easier for you for WG documents to just include the doc name and a link
into the version kept by the tool, although I guess you still need a
mechanism to manually cache the old version.  But, you could do that
without impacting the main page. 

Dean mentioned something at IETF-64 about changing the way he's managing
the information for SIP WG due to the availability of most of the
information in the tools.  I wasn't entirely clear on the details of
that, but it seems that SIPPING should follow a similar model.  

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Oscar Novo (JO/LMF)
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:04 AM
To: sipping
Subject: [Sipping] SIPPING secretary: The SIPPING webpage is updated

Folks,

    

ATIS PTSC Work Program

 Trust Path Discovery

ATIS PTSC Work Program

Thanks,

Oscar Novo

SIPPING secretary

---

From: "Oscar Novo \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:30:08 +0100

Hello Mary,

Yes, you are right. The "draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-12" draft is in the live list now. Roni already told me about this mistake yesterday. I have put the -10 and -11 version of this draft in the morgue list as well. 
I will keep the -11 version of the netann draft in the morgue list but with the status "approved, published as RFC 4240"

Sometimes is difficult for me to maintain the SIPPING webpage, it takes quite lot of time. Now, we´re trying to find a better solution for everybody. 

However, I want to thanks to everybody who helps me in this task telling me the mistakes I make, and answering the information I request. 

Oscar

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Barnes [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 26. tammikuuta 2006 19:32
To: Oscar Novo (JO/LMF); sipping
Subject: RE: [Sipping] SIPPING secretary: The SIPPING webpage is updated

Oscar,

Some of those documents you've put in the morgue shouldn't be there as they've become RFCs (or are in the RFC Editor's Q).  I'm not sure what the process is, but I would think they should stay in the active document page and add a link to the RFC OR just drop them altogether.  I think it's misleading, however, to put them in the morgue.  One that I see right off that this applies to is:

Also the -10 and -11 versions of that don't seem to be in the morgue (I've got those cached on my machine and I imagine the authors have them as well).  

And, I noticed that the -11 version of netann is also in the morgue (it's not on your list below), but that's been published as RFC 4240. 

I know that maintaining this information is ALOT of work for you and I'm really wondering if it's absolutely necessary any longer since the IETF document tracking tools have improved vastly since this information was initially maintained on these alternate pages. I agree it's nice to have older versions of documents available since they disappear from the repository and it's nice to see the individual documents that are not yet working group documents altogether.  But, I find it easier now to keep track of working group documents using the IETF tools. It might be easier for you for WG documents to just include the doc name and a link into the version kept by the tool, although I guess you still need a mechanism to manually cache the old version.  But, you could do that without impacting the main page. 

Dean mentioned something at IETF-64 about changing the way he's managing the information for SIP WG due to the availability of most of the information in the tools.  I wasn't entirely clear on the details of that, but it seems that SIPPING should follow a similar model.  

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Oscar Novo (JO/LMF)
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:04 AM
To: sipping
Subject: [Sipping] SIPPING secretary: The SIPPING webpage is updated

Folks,

Remember that you can find all the SIPPING draft completely update in http://www.softarmor.com/wgdb/?wg=SIPPING

This last two month many draft have expired. I have put them in the Morgue list (http://www.softarmor.com/wgdb/?wg=SIPPING&expired=1)

Here, I send you the draft that have expired in December 2005 and January 2006:

Use Cases for Session-Specific Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session Policies draft-hilt-sipping-policy-usecases-00

SIP Reason header extension for indicating redirection reasons draft-elwell-sipping-redirection-reason-02.txt

SIP Offer/Answer and Middlebox Communication with End-to-End Security draft-wing-sipping-multipart-mixed-00

A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Device Information draft-rahman-sipping-device-info-02.txt 

Analysis of the Input Requirements for the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) in support for the European Telecommunications Standards Institute
(ETSI) Next Generation Networks (NGN) simulation services draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-analysis-00.txt

Input Requirements for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) in support for the European Telecommunications Standards Institute  (ETSI) Next Generation Network (NGN) simulation services
draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-01 
    
The requirement for direct transcoding with Session Initiation Protocol draft-kang-sipping-dtransc-requirement-00.txt

ATIS PTSC Work Program

 Trust Path Discovery

ATIS PTSC Work Program

Thanks,

Oscar Novo

SIPPING secretary