Subject: AW: AW: [Sipping] Comment on draft-rosenberg-sipping-acr-code-00. txt

From: "Alexeitsev, D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:02:00 +0100

Hello Jonathan

>So, I am including only what is listed in 3261 "Anonymous" plus the 
>lower case version of it.

I'm not sure if the lower case version is needed, as I did not see it mentioned before in RFCs even as an example. What is the reason for adding it?

Greetings,
Denis Alexeisev

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:04:17 -0500

I added the lowercase version because there have been reported interop 
problems due to this kind of thing. The problem arises because we are 
using something normally meant for human consumption in order to drive 
automata. Most SIP parameters are used by automata are case insensitive, 
but because this is a display name, it is case sensitive. This has 
caused some confusion. I've also heard of interop problems even arising 
from folks that misspelled "anonymous" when they coded their 
implementation, but you can't account for all variations.

-Jonathan R.

Alexeitsev, D wrote:

> I'm not sure if the lower case version is needed, as I did not see it
> mentioned before in RFCs even as an example. What is the reason for
> adding it?
> 
> Greetings, Denis Alexeisev
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com