Subject: [Sipping] Last chance on voicemail-uri

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:44:55 -0800

I think that draft-jennings-sip-voicemail-06 is about to be approved by
IESG. There have been a few changes since 05 to address IESG and genart
review comments as well as comments from the list. Mostly these fixed typos
and clarified relations to documents such as 3261 BNF. None of the on the
wire protocol or normative behavior changed. You can see the diffs from the
05 version to the 06 version at

http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/ietf-drafts/fluffy/draft-jennings-sip-voicemai
l-uri-diff.html

Long ago, the WG decided to have this move forward as an individual
submission instead of an WG submission but if anyone see any last minute
problems with this in the next couple of days, the authors would appreciate
feedback.

Thanks, Cullen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:37:50 -0500

Cullen,

Looks ok to me. As I was rereading, it occurred to me that it would be 
good to make it clear that the 'target' parameter is optional - useful 
if the userinfo and hostport identify a service that manages multiple 
mailboxes, but unnecessary if the userinfo and hostport identify a 
single mailbox.

To do this, in section 2, I might change:

    The userinfo and
    hostport parts of the Request-URI will identify the voicemail
    service, the target mailbox can be put in the target parameter
    and the reason can be put in the cause parameter.

to:

    The userinfo and
    hostport parts of the Request-URI may identify the voicemail
    service with the target parameter the target mailbox, or the
    userinfo and hostport parts of the Request-URI may identify
    both the voicemail service and mailbox. The reason can be put
    in the cause parameter.

In section 2.1 change:

    Target is a URI parameter that indicates the address of the
    retargeting entity: in the context of UM, this can be the mailbox

to:

    Target is a URI parameter that MAY indicate the address of the
    retargeting entity: in the context of UM, this can be the mailbox

	Paul