Subject: [Sipping] New I-D - SIP Subscription Mobility using SUBSCRIBE with Replaces Header

From: "Jentz Brad-CBJ002" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:54:25 -0500

All:

I'd like to call your attention to a new I-D contribution.

http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jentz-subscribe-with-replaces-00.t
xt

It proposes to extend the SIP SUBSCRIBE method to include the Replaces
header field for the purpose of enabling a more robust solution to SIP
subscription mobility.

Your feedback and comments will be appreciated.

Regards,

Brad Jentz, Robert Horvath, Michael Coulas

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Jeroen van Bemmel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:43:08 +0100

Brad,

One brief question : why couldn't the mobile device send an UPDATE over the 
new network (with new Contact), instead of terminating / replacing its 
subscriptions?

Jeroen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Jentz Brad-CBJ002
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Coulas Michael-MCOULAS1 ; Horvath Bob-BHORVAT1
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:54 PM
Subject: [Sipping] New I-D - SIP Subscription Mobility using SUBSCRIBE 
withReplaces Header

All:
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jentz-subscribe-with-replaces-00.txt