Subject: [Sipping] xcap-config-00 questions

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:57:53 +0200

Hi!
I generally like the split from config-framework. I'll have a few
comments though. 

SUBSCRIBE request Event header example:
   Event: ua-profile;profile-type="user";
      document="user-aor/";
      vendor="premier";model="trs8000";version="5.5"

In this example double quotes in user (profile-type) are typos ?. While
the parameters vendor, model and version might be reasonable in some
(maybe most) cases why is it a MUST ? With XCAP they aren't necessarily
always needed. So for a generic XCAP event subscription the list of
parameters seems a bit long (well it was 1 in xcap-package).

I'll assume document contains relative uri path (percent-encoded)
excluding xcap root uri and it thus locates a unique document, I'll
assume that XCAP doesn't define automatic mapping from "user-aor/" to
e.g. "user-aor/index". 

I could assume that clients might want to select several auids with auid
parameter, e.g. like auid="resource-lists rls-services", i.e. if the
server supports many auids the client might want to list only those that
it is interested in. This same applies to document as well, i.e. the
client might want to give an exact list of "files" of its interest.

br,
Jari

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP