Subject: [Sipping] Dialog usage: REGISTER usage

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:36:58 +0100

Hi, 

Chapter 1 of the dialog usage draft says:

"The pseudo-dialog behavior of REGISTER could be considered a third
usage.  Fortunately, no existing implementations
have attempted to mix a registration usage with any other usage."

My question is: couldn't one claim that one DOES mix registration and
other usages when the Path- and Service-Route headers are used during
registration?

Of course, the dialog usages may not terminate at the same location,
since the register usage is between the UA and the registrar, while the
other usages are between the UAs.

OR, what does the draft actually mean by "mixing registration usage with
other usages"?

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:23:23 -0600

inline

> other usages when the Path- and Service-Route headers are used during

No - this refers to the practice of having REGISTER and is subsequent
refresh REGISTERs keep the same Call-ID and incrementing CSeqs.
Not quite a full dialog because it doesn't necessarily keep the To-tags.

> other usages are between the UAs.
By definition, not the same dialog.