Subject: [Sipping] NAT Scenarios - The road ahead

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:17:12 -0000

Hi All,

I have submitted a new version of the NAT scenarios draft which only
really represents an incremental revision - until it appears in the
archives it can be found here
http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-04
.txt..  As a contribution to moving SIPPING work forward I will propose
a path forward for the document that will hopefully produce a version
that is ready for critical review and submission - obviously after we
put ICE issues to bed in Dallas.  The main area of work for this
document is to produce a set of detailed call flows which are
representative of the technology and useful for folks to follow.

The plan is:

-          Immediately after IETF 65 produce 05 version of NAT scenarios
based on latest version of ICE, STUN and TURN.

-          Expand call flows to include full SIP signalling + SDP,

-          Expand call flows to include full details of ICE
interactions.

I will then be looking for a list of committed reviewers to critically
review the draft in the hope of having a valuable resource for those
implementing ICE.  Comments appreciated.

Best Regards,

Chris.

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Henry Sinnreich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:36:29 -0500

This I-D is MHO the second most important for the success of SIP in the
market after ICE itself.

>after we put ICE issues to bed in Dallas 

Let's hope so. Can anyone share what is still holding up ICE?

Thanks, Henry

  _____  

From: Chris Boulton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 5:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Gonzalo Camarillo
Subject: [Sipping] NAT Scenarios - The road ahead

Hi All,

I have submitted a new version of the NAT scenarios draft which only really
represents an incremental revision - until it appears in the archives it can
be found here
http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-04.txt
..  As a contribution to moving SIPPING work forward I will propose a path
forward for the document that will hopefully produce a version that is ready
for critical review and submission - obviously after we put ICE issues to
bed in Dallas.  The main area of work for this document is to produce a set
of detailed call flows which are representative of the technology and useful
for folks to follow.

The plan is:

-          Expand call flows to include full details of ICE interactions.

Best Regards,

Chris.

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for
the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of
Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless
otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity
Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be
legally binding. Thank-you