Subject: [Sipping] New ID: draft-akhtar-sipping-3g-static-dictionary-00.txt

From: "Haseeb Akhtar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:01:37 -0600

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: 3G Wireless Support in the SIP/SDP Static 
                          Dictionary for Signaling Compression (SigComp)
	Author(s)	: H. Akhtar, et al.
	Filename	:
draft-akhtar-sipping-3g-static-dictionary-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-2-28
	
   While using SIGComp [4] based compression in SIP/SDP [5] [6], it is 
   imperative to have access to a static dictionary to be used on the 
   first SIP message that the compressor sends out. The session set up
   time can be reduced significantly if the compression rate of the 
   first SIP message is considerably high.

   The existing static dictionary for SIP and SDP [2], however, does not
   include some wireless specific data elements. This document 
   introduces these new data elements that are specific to various 
   wireless access technologies. These new data elements are part of the

   first SIP message (i.e., originating SIP Invite) used to initiate a 
   session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-akhtar-sipping-3g-static-dicti
onary-00.txt

The authors would appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Haseeb

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP