Subject: [Sipping] Edits for KPML

From: "Burger, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:02:27 -0500

With the exception of the update to page 21, where we forgot the ABNF
for the dialog tags, all of these changes are editorial in nature.
Source is
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-07.txt

Please review the new ABNF.  The ABNF passes Bill's ABNF Parser :)

Page 21, Section 4.2: replace the entire contents (1 line saying
nothing) to:

This package defines three Event Package parameters:  call-id,
remote-tag, and local-tag. These parameters MUST be present, to identify
the subscription dialog. The User Interface matches the local-tag
against the to tag, the remote-tag against the from tag, and the call-id
against the Call-ID.

The ABNF for these parameters is below. It refers to many constructions
from the ABNF of RFC3261, such as EQUAL, DQUOTE, and token.

   call-id     =  "call-id" EQUAL ( token / DQUOTE callid DQUOTE )
                    ;; NOTE: any DQUOTEs inside callid MUST be escaped!
   remote-tag  =  "remote-tag" EQUAL token
   local-tag   =  "local-tag" EQUAL token

If any call-ids contain embedded double-quotes, those double-quotes MUST
be escaped using the backslash-quoting mechanism.  Note that the call-id
parameter may need to be expressed as a quoted string. This is because
the ABNF for the callid production and the word production, which is
used by callid (both from RFC 3261 [1]), allow some characters (such as
"@", "[", and ":") that are not allowed within a token.

Page 5, 1st paragraph of Introduction
OLD
monitoring of DTMF signals and utilizes XML

NEW
monitoring of key presses and utilizes XML
              ^^^^^^^^^^^

Page 6, 1st paragraph on page
OLD
many of the use cases for such signaling show that many applications are

NEW
the use cases for such signaling show that most applications are
^                                          ^^^^

Page 6, 3rd line of first paragraph of section 2 OLD digits, creates

NEW
digits creates
      ^

Page 6, 3rd-to-last line of first paragraph of section 2 OLD collected,
or

NEW
collected or
         ^

Page 6, 3rd line of second paragraph
OLD
Application replaces the request, or the Application deletes

NEW
Application replaces the request or the Application deletes
                                ^

Page 7, last line of section 3.1
OLD
Note the values of the "persist" attribute

NEW
The values of the "persist" attribute
^

Page 14, line 3 of 3rd paragraph
OLD
attribute indicates how long to wait once the user enters stimulus

NEW
attribute indicates how long to wait for the user to enter stimulus
                                     ^^^          ^^      ^

Page 15, Note at bottom of page
OLD
This behavior allows for applications to only receive User

NEW
This behavior allows applications to receive only User
                    ^                ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Page 16, Note near bottom of page
OLD
really onerous

NEW
Onerous
^

Page 21, Section 4.2: replace the entire contents (1 line saying
nothing) to:

This package defines three Event Package parameters:  call-id,
remote-tag, and local-tag. These parameters MUST be present, to identify
the subscription dialog. The User Interface matches the local-tag
against the to tag, the remote-tag against the from tag, and the call-id
against the Call-ID.

The ABNF for these parameters is below. It refers to many constructions
from the ABNF of RFC3261, such as EQUAL, DQUOTE, and token.

   call-id     =  "call-id" EQUAL ( token / DQUOTE callid DQUOTE )
                    ;; NOTE: any DQUOTEs inside callid MUST be escaped!
   remote-tag  =  "remote-tag" EQUAL token
   local-tag   =  "local-tag" EQUAL token

If any call-ids contain embedded double-quotes, those double-quotes MUST
be escaped using the backslash-quoting mechanism.  Note that the call-id
parameter may need to be expressed as a quoted string. This is because
the ABNF for the callid production and the word production, which is
used by callid (both from RFC 3261 [1]), allow some characters (such as
"@", "[", and ":") that are not allowed within a token.

Page 28, Section 5.1 (and Normative References) Update reference from
RFC 2234 to RFC 4234

Page 38, Figure 17, first <regex> tag
OLD
<regex tag="ld-operator"/>00</regex>

NEW
<regex tag="ld-operator">00</regex>
                       ^^

Page 40, message (4) [SUBSCRIBE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0], Event
tag [9th line] OLD
Event: kpml ;remote-tag="<sip:[email-masked];tag=jfh21>"

NEW
Event: kpml ;remote-tag="sip:[email-masked];tag=jfh21"
                        ^^                           ^^

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Jeroen van Bemmel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 00:12:22 +0100

Eric,

I'd recommend to change

into

call-id     =  "call-id" EQUAL ( token / LDQUOT callid RDQUOT )

'DQUOTE' is not used directly anywhere in RFC3261 ABNF, only as part of 
'separators' and 'word'. LDQUOT and RDQUOT allow whitespace to the left and 
right respectively, as is common in most RFC3261 ABNF rules

Compare for example:
digest-uri        =  "uri" EQUAL LDQUOT digest-uri-value RDQUOT
Regards,

Jeroen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Burger, Eric" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:02 PM
Subject: [Sipping] Edits for KPML

NEW

NEW

NEW
digits creates
      ^

NEW
collected or
         ^

NEW

NEW

NEW

NEW

NEW
Onerous
^

NEW

NEW