Subject: [Sipping] RE: Comments on ToIP Draft

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:05:53 -0500

FYI
  _____  

From: Roy, Radhika R.
Sent: Fri 3/17/2006 5:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Comments on ToIP Draft

Hi, Dean:

I am sending the modified document (with change mark) that takes care of my
comments (as stated below separately) per emails sent to the SIPPING WG
mailing list. I do not know how my comments will be discussed in the IETF
meeting.

If needed, I would request Gunnar (or any other person as deemed by the
chair) to present my comments in the meeting.

I appreciate that the chair has taken the keen interest and time to review
those comments in the meeting despite the time constraint busy schedule.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Radhika

PS: The comments that have been taken care of in the modified documents are
as follows:

1.      Modified the title as "Framework for ToIP Implementation
Requirements"

2.      Provided requirements/guidelines of the Real-Time Text application
for the multimedia conferencing 

3.      Provided requirements/guidelines for bridging of the Real-Time Text
by the media bridge 

4.      Provided requirements/guidelines for interworking between Real-Time
Text and Audio for both point-to-point call and multipoint call in the IP
network only without mobility

5.      Included requirements for ToIP terminal mobility over LAN/IP network
for completeness (as only user mobility has been addressed)

6.      Extended items 4 and 5 interworking between IP, Wireless LANs, and
cellular wireless networks

7.      Extended item 4 interworking between IP and PSTN network only 

8.      Included requirements for ToIP QoS support 

9.      Included streaming Real-Time Text as another application for
completeness, but its requirements have not been a part of this document

10.  Editorial comments

a.       Tried to remove the superfluous write-ups focusing ONLY on
implementation guidelines/requirements, but not with too much success

b.      Focused that ToIP is for all users (users with difficulties +
mainstream users), but more works are needed

c.       Tried to use "Real-Time Text" consistently throughout the document

d.      Defined "Rea-Time Text" bridging with clear terms and focus the
requirements of this clearly because this is a new functional feature of the
media bridge

e.       Differentiated between "Real-Time Text" bridging and "Non-Real-Time

Data/Text" bridging because they are two different things (NOT the same).

f.       Kept the texts/write-ups consistent for point-to-point calls and 
 multipoint calls

g.      Stated implementation requirements for multipoint calls with
multimedia in clear terms in all entities without keeping any ambiguities

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Frank Shearar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 09:00:43 +0200

> mailing list. I do not know how my comments will be discussed in the IETF

<snip>

Is it possible for the rest of us to see this version, Radhika?

frank