Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-spam-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Spam
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-spam-02.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2006-3-9
	
Spam, defined as the transmission of bulk unsolicited messages, has
plagued Internet email.  Unfortunately, spam is not limited to email.
It can affect any system that enables user to user communications.
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) defines a system for user to
user multimedia communications.  Therefore, it is susceptible to
spam, just as email is.  In this document, we analyze the problem of
spam in SIP.  We first identify the ways in which the problem is the
same and the ways in which it is different from email.  We then
examine the various possible solutions that have been discussed for
email and consider their applicability to SIP.  Discussions on this
draft should be directed at [email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-spam-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-spam-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-spam-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP