Subject: RE: [Sipping] Re: Update: dialogusage

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:19:01 +0100

Hi, 

>>Q4: You say that a target refresh is updated when a 200 OK is 
>>sent/received for the target refresh request. What if I use reliable 
>>18x responses for a target refresh re-INVITE request? Do I send the 
>>PRACK according to the old target? In order to avoid yet another 
>>can-I-send-18x-responses-to-a-reINVITE-request discussion I would 
>>propose that we somehow change the wording to something that also 
>>covers reliable 18x responses.
>>
>I don't recall at the moment how clear things are that the target
refresh takes effect at the 200. Logically I think it 
>has to be this way, because it would make little sense to have the
target refresh take effect on a reliable 1xx and then >have the request
fail.

So, you are saying that PRACKs, or whatever other request may be sent
AFTER a rel18x has been received, but BEFORE 200 has been received,
should use the old target? 

Or, should it use some kind of a "temporary target"? I think we do that
already for the INITIAL INVITE, in case the UAC from the same UAS
receive different Contact header values in the rel18x and 200 OK...

I agree with you that if a non-200 final response is received, the
target which was used before the request was sent should be the valid
one - no matter how many rel18x you may have received. The question is
what is valid between the request and the final response :)

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:27:14 -0600

UPDATE plays here too.