Subject: [Sipping] question on draft-ietf-sipping-spam-02

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:32:40 +0530

hi Jonathan,
 
In section 3.4, Consent-Based Communications:
 
>   A consent-based solution is used in conjunction with white or black
>  lists.  That is, if user A is not on user B's white or black list,
>  and user A attempts to communicate with user B, user A's attempt is
>
>  initially rejected, and they are told that consent is being
>   requested.  Next time user B connects, user B is informed that user
A
>   had attempted communications.  User B can then authorize or reject
>   user A.
 
By reading the draft I was not able to understand why the first
connection attempt has to be rejected and wait till the second
connection attempt to request for consent from the user B.
If the consent were to be asked for in the first attempt, it would serve
the same purpose, would it not?
If I have missed the reason why, it might help to add it in the draft.
 
regards,
Ravi.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP