Subject: [Sipping] SUBSCRIBE body

From: "Miriam Tauil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:07:50 -0400

I'm wondering once an initial SUBSCRIBE message includes a SUBSCRIBE body:

a. Is that the SUBSCRIBE body that is implied for the whole duration of the
subscription?

b. If a is wrong, a subsequent SUBSCRIBE message that is intends to extend
the duration of the subscription, 

 does it need specify the SUBSCRIBE body again if it does want to change it?

c. If the above is wrong, what are the mechanisms in the protocol, to
specify that a new SUBSCRIBE body applies or the previously sent one
applies?

Looking at RFC 3265, SIP-Specific Event Notification I couldn't find an
answer to this question.

I was wondering if this issue has been addressed in a different RFC or
Internet Draft, or if anybody knows what implementations or different event
packages assume

Thanks in advance for your help

Miriam Tauil

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:50:47 -0400

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 08:07 -0400, Miriam Tauil wrote:
> I’m wondering once an initial SUBSCRIBE message includes a SUBSCRIBE
> body:

> a. Is that the SUBSCRIBE body that is implied for the whole duration
> of the subscription?

I do not think that there have been any event types defined that use
SUBSCRIBE bodies, so nobody has addressed this problem.  I expect that
if an event type is defined that uses SUBSCRIBE bodies, its definition
will include how revised SUBSCRIBE bodies are to be used.

Dale

---

From: Xiao Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:12:32 +0800

inline

Xiao

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dale R. Worley [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:51 PM
> To: Sipping
> Subject: Re: [Sipping] SUBSCRIBE body
> 
[Xiao] simple filter can be contained in SUBSCRIBE bodies. SUBSCRIBE bodies
can be modified by re-SUBSCRIBE duration subscription.