Subject: [Sipping] standards for 3pcc (IP PBX)

From: Greg and Andrea Dykes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:43:18 -0500

Are there any SIP standards in place governing call flows supporting  
traditional telephony features (e.g., call transfer, conferencing)  
with an IP PBX in the mix? I see standards for certain telephony  
feature support, but they do not mention any 3pcc.

Thanks!

Greg

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Ashir Ahmed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:16:25 +0900

RFC 3725

Ashir

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Greg and Andrea Dykes" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 12:43 AM
Subject: [Sipping] standards for 3pcc (IP PBX)

> feature support, but they do not mention any 3pcc.
-------------------------------------
Ashir Ahmed
Innovative IP Architecture Center
NTT Communications Corporation
http://www.ntt.com Email: [email-masked]
Tel: +81-3-6800-3029 Fax:+81-3-5388-0550
--------------------------------------

---

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:37:32 -0400

> feature support, but they do not mention any 3pcc.

Remember that SIP defines how certain call control actions will be
carried out.  A SIP UA can execute a series of call control actions to
cause a particular call control operation to happen.  But SIP does not
prescribe or standardize that series of actions, only the fundamental
actions out of which the UA assembles the call control operation.
Different UAs can accomplish the feature in different ways.

Dale

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:45:40 -0500

On Apr 12, 2006, at 10:43 AM, Greg and Andrea Dykes wrote:

> Are there any SIP standards in place governing call flows  
> supporting traditional telephony features (e.g., call transfer,  
> conferencing) with an IP PBX in the mix? I see standards for  
> certain telephony feature support, but they do not mention any 3pcc.
>

I seem to remember something about a SIP Forum profile for enterprise- 
PBX stuff, but I don't remember where I saw it . . .

Also, ETSI TISPAN is working on exact replication of all ISDN  
supplementary services.

--
Dean

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:36:25 -0400

Dean Willis wrote:
> I seem to remember something about a SIP Forum profile for 
> enterprise-PBX stuff, but I don't remember where I saw it . . .

from me ..

> After discussion with the authors and the chairs we have decided to begin a
> working group last call on the final draft listed below beginning today Monday March for 3 weeks.
> 
> The intent of the last call is to solicit comments before submitting the
> draft to the SIP Forum Board of Directors as a Proposed Specification.
> 
> This document has been under extensive discussion thought 2005.
> 
> The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now
> or forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections
> which have not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors
> which need correction.
> 
> Work group last call will extend from today until at April 17 though we can
> modify that if new issues come up.
> 
> 
> 
> 
>> The proposed final draft of the IP PBX / SP Interoperability specification is now available online for your review at the following URL:
>>
>>  
>>
>> http://data.memberclicks.com/bbattach/130808/sf-draft-twg-IP_PBX_SP_Interop-sibley-final.pdf 

-- 

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<