Subject: RE: [Sipping] SUBSCRIBE body

From: "Sanjay Sinha \(sanjsinh\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:35:54 -0400

Subscribe body does not apply to entire subscription duration and can be
changed by re-Subscribe with a new body.
 
Sanjay

________________________________

From: Miriam Tauil [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] SUBSCRIBE body 

I'm wondering once an initial SUBSCRIBE message includes a SUBSCRIBE
body:

a. Is that the SUBSCRIBE body that is implied for the whole duration of
the subscription?

b. If a is wrong, a subsequent SUBSCRIBE message that is intends to
extend the duration of the subscription, 

 does it need specify the SUBSCRIBE body again if it does want to change
it?

c. If the above is wrong, what are the mechanisms in the protocol, to
specify that a new SUBSCRIBE body applies or the previously sent one
applies?

Looking at RFC 3265, SIP-Specific Event Notification I couldn't find an
answer to this question.

I was wondering if this issue has been addressed in a different RFC or
Internet Draft, or if anybody knows what implementations or different
event packages assume

Thanks in advance for your help

Miriam Tauil

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Shrader, David C" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:50:19 -0400

Dale,

Don't KPML and Presence both include bodies in the SUBSCRIBE?

David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Dale R. Worley
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:51 AM
To: Sipping
Subject: Re: [Sipping] SUBSCRIBE body

> a. Is that the SUBSCRIBE body that is implied for the whole duration
> of the subscription?

I do not think that there have been any event types defined that use
SUBSCRIBE bodies, so nobody has addressed this problem.  I expect that
if an event type is defined that uses SUBSCRIBE bodies, its definition
will include how revised SUBSCRIBE bodies are to be used.

Dale