Subject: RE: [Sipping] CCBS discussions in TISPAN

From: "Sachin Kamat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:36:19 +0530

Thanks Eric. 

I could see some drafts like 
draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-02.txt but looks like we
haven't come to any conclusion about how to provide these services.

Thanks all,
Sachin

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Sasaki [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 3:29 AM
To: James M. Polk; Sachin Kamat; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] CCBS discussions in TISPAN

James,

The definition for CCBS can be found in
draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-02.txt.  In short:

	Communication Completion on Busy Subscriber (CCBS) provides the
   caller with the ability to complete a requested communication to a
   busy callee without having to make a new communication attempt when
   the callee becomes not busy anymore.  It is possible for the caller
   to request several communications to be under the CCBS requested
   status.  Also the callee can be subject to several CCBS
   communications from different callers.  Additionally, the service
   provides queue management to arbitrate several CCBS requests to the
   same callee.

Have a good weekend,

Erick

-----Original Message-----
From: James M. Polk [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 11:46 AM
To: Sachin Kamat; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] CCBS discussions in TISPAN

Sachin

please define "Communication Completion Busy Subscriber"

At 09:34 PM 4/13/2006 +0530, Sachin Kamat wrote:
>content-class: urn:content-classes:message
>Content-Type: text/plain;
>  charset=utf-8
>
>Hi all ,
>
>         There have been talks about providing Communication Completion
> Busy Subscriber and similar  services in the TISPAN community.
>
>If anybody has any information / recent drafts about this then please
let
>me know.
>
>
>Thanks,
>Sachin
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
>This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
>Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
>Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:42:54 -0400

I think CCBS is an ISDN feature. There is a similar Telcordia feature: 
AC (Automatic Callback). I have been involved to various degrees in 
several efforts to define a sip implementation for one or the other of 
these. What I have observed is that there are many, radically different, 
ways to implement these features. Choosing an implementation approach 
depends on which feature you are trying to implement, how faithfully you 
want to emulate the legacy feature, to what extent you require 
interoperation with a legacy implementation, how complex an 
implementation you are willing to tolerate, how much you are willing to 
pervert the architecture of your sip system to do it, and how suitable 
you want the resulting feature to be in a non-legacy environment that 
includes different UIs, added media and features, etc.

So I don't think there will be any single conclusion about how to 
provide this and similar features. There will multiple decisions for 
different operating environments.

	Paul