Subject: RE: [Sipping] Congestion Header

From: "Malas, Daryl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:53:06 -0600

FYI...for those who review the Congestion Header draft, I am aware some
of the quote marks were inadvertently converted to question marks during
the document conversion.  I will correct those in an updated revision.

Thanks...--Daryl

I also noticed the link was broken, so I'll try it again.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-sipping-congestion-heade
r-00.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: Malas, Daryl 
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:06 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Congestion Header

Hello,

We wrote a draft to resolve the common overload issues as identified by
Rosenberg's work in progress "draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs-00".

Title		: The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) CONGESTION
Header Field
Author(s)	: D. Malas, et al.
Filename	: draft-malas-sipping-congestion-header-00.txt

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-sipping-congestion-heade
r-00.txt

We would appreciate feedback regarding the draft to see if the approach
is sound, and can be further refined providing a solid method for
alleviating this issue.

Thanks,

Daryl

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Malas, Daryl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:24:26 -0600

Paul,

Thank you.  I'll take a look at that again, and touch base with you
before the next revision.  

Thanks...

--Daryl M.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Kyzivat [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:15 AM
To: Malas, Daryl
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Congestion Header

Daryl,

I just took a quick glance at this so far. One thing that has me puzzled

is the Server-ID param. It is shown as taking a token as its value, but 
the examples typically show host names, which usually are not tokens.

I suspect what you really need here is the same kind of value that is 
present in a Via header, defined by the symbol 'sent-by' in the 3261
syntax.

There are other technical issues with the syntax you have specified, but

they are incidental to the main point of the draft so they can be 
deferred until semantic issues are settled.

	Thanks,
	Paul

Malas, Daryl wrote:
> Rosenberg's work in progress
"draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs-00".