Subject: [Sipping] Congestion Header

From: "Malas, Daryl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:05:31 -0600

Hello,

We wrote a draft to resolve the common overload issues as identified by
Rosenberg's work in progress "draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs-00".

Title		: The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) CONGESTION
Header Field
Author(s)	: D. Malas, et al.
Filename	: draft-malas-sipping-congestion-header-00.txt

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-sipping-congestion-heade
r-00.txt

We would appreciate feedback regarding the draft to see if the approach
is sound, and can be further refined providing a solid method for
alleviating this issue.

Thanks,

Daryl

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:14:37 -0400

Daryl,

I just took a quick glance at this so far. One thing that has me puzzled 
is the Server-ID param. It is shown as taking a token as its value, but 
the examples typically show host names, which usually are not tokens.

I suspect what you really need here is the same kind of value that is 
present in a Via header, defined by the symbol 'sent-by' in the 3261 syntax.

There are other technical issues with the syntax you have specified, but 
they are incidental to the main point of the draft so they can be 
deferred until semantic issues are settled.

	Thanks,
	Paul