Subject: [Sipping] Service Identification in SIP

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:00:02 +0200

Folks,

during the last year, there have been a number of threads on the mailing
list discussing service identification in SIP. In particular, the
following thread discussed 3GPP requirements on this area:

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg10562.html

At a later point, those 3GPP requirements were documented in the
following (expired by now) Internet Draft, which was presented in a
face-to-face IETF meeting.

http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-loreto-sipping-3gpp-ics-requirements-00.txt

Lately, the following draft has been submitted to the archives:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-service-identification-00.txt

This draft proposes a solution that intends to meet known requirements
in this area.

Given the amount of discussions on issues related to service
identification we have seen during the last year, we believe this is a
fairly important topic for the SIPPING WG to tackle. At some point, we
would like to have a milestone with its associated WG item dealing with
this issue.

Therefore, we would like to encourage people to read this draft and send
comments to the list. Additionally, if you believe that this work is (or
is not) important, we would like to hear that as well.

Cheers,

Gonzalo
SIPPING co-chair

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP