Subject: [Sipping] draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-10

From: "Sumanth Channabasappa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:54:49 -0700

Folks,

Now that v10 is available online
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework
-10.txt), here is a brief summary of the changes in this version
(reproduced in part from section 12.1).

   Changes incorporated by the author:
   o  Incorporated numerous edits and corrections from CableLabs review
   o  Used better ascii art picture of overview from Josh Littlefield
   o  Fixed the normative text for network-user so that it is now
      consistant: MAY provide for device profile, MUST provide for
      local-network profile

   Changes incorporated by the editor:
   o  Restructured document based on a) Keith's recommendations in
      the email dated 11/09/2006 and responses (Peter, Sumanth, Josh) b)
      subsequent discussions by the ad-hoc group consisting of the
      editor, the author, expert contributors (Peter Blatherwick, Josh
      Littlefield, Alvin Jiang, Jason Fischl, Martin Dolly, Cullen
      Jennings) and the co-chairs 
   o  Modified the contents of various sections as part of the
restructuring 
      efforts (notably: Overview, Introduction, Framework Requirements &

      Security)
   o  Revised Use cases and added detailed examples

This (-v10) is preliminary update and we plan to address the open items
(listed in section 11; for example, the security section could use
expert reviews) in the upcoming weeks. This is being presented to obtain
feedback from the WG. Additionally, if folks wish to participate in
offline discussions or sign up as expert reviewers please let myself,
the author or the co-chairs know. 

Comments and feedback will be appreciated (thanks to Cullen and Henning
for early feedback on the mailing list).

Thanks!

- S

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP