Subject: [Sipping] Response to our liaison to 3GPP

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 09:07:49 -0700

We have received a response to our Liaison to 3GPP - it will take a  
bit of time for it to be placed in the official liaison repository  
but in the meantime I wanted to pass on the key text of it to folks  
here.

Cullen

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
---------------

1. Overall Description:
3GPP TSG CT would like to inform the relevant bodies in IETF of its  
decision regarding the solution for Service Identification for IMS  
for 3GPP release 7. 3GPP TSG CT has approved change requests to its  
relevant specifications that implement a solution that is dependent  
upon the mechanisms defined in draft-drage-sipping-service- 
identification-00 and draft-rosenberg-sip-app-media-tag-00.

3GPP TSG CT would like to emphasize that the successful deployment of  
IMS in release 7 is critically dependent on the early availability of  
a stable solution for service identification and would like to take  
up the offer of the RAI Area Directors to discuss how to expedite  
these drafts in order to satisfy the schedule for the stabilization  
of 3GPP release 7 which is already functionally frozen.

The requirements for Identification of IMS communication services are  
defined in 3GPP TS 22.228 which can be located at ftp://ftp.3gpp.org/ 
Specs/latest/Rel-7/22_series/) and 3GPP TS 23.228 (primarily  
contained in clause 4.13), (which can be located at ftp://ftp. 
3gpp.org/Specs/latest/Rel-7/23_series/). 3GPP TSG CT kindly request  
that IETF take these requirements into account when completing these  
drafts.

3GPP TSG CT looks forward to continued close cooperation between 3GPP  
and IETF on the further development of IMS.

2. Actions:
To: IETF RAI Area, IETF SIP WG, IETF SIPPING WG
ACTION:             3GPP TSG CT requests that the 3GPP IETF Liaison  
and the RAI Area Directors, SIP and SIPPING WG chairs discuss and  
agree an expedited schedule for the stabilisation and approval of  
these critical 3GPP dependencies from IETF that is agreeable to all  
parties and that IETF progress work on these drafts with as high a  
priority as possible.

3GPP TSG CT is looking forward to the progress of this work and  
requests a status update prior to the next TSG CT meeting in September.

3. Date of Next TSG-CT Meetings:
TSG-CT Meeting #37           12th – 14th September 2007           
Riga, LATVIA.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP