Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-marjou-sipping-b2bua-00.txt

From: "Gilad Shaham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:04:30 +0100

Hi Xavier,

Here are a few comments (tried not to duplicate other comments already
sent)

Section 4.2.3

A B2BUA, unlike a proxy can perhaps have a decision on forked requests.
For example, if 2 forked requests (either from the B2BUA itself or a
subsequent proxy) receive 200 OK, the proxy cannot close the dialog, but
the B2BUA can.

Section 4.4.3

"When sending a BYE on behalf of a user, the B2BUA must not try to
forward associated responses." - I don't understand what is the meaning
of "associated responses"

This is an initial draft, it would be a good idea to have more graphic
representations of the examples. Furthermore, I'm quite sure we can come
up with more examples.

Gilad

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Avasarala Ranjit-A20990" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:31:10 +0800

Hi
 
One query

Regards 
Ranjit 

________________________________

From: Gilad Shaham [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-marjou-sipping-b2bua-00.txt

Hi Xavier,

Section 4.2.3

<Ranjit> So what should be the behavior of proxy in this case? How
should it treat the 200 OKs? which one will it accept and on what basis?

Section 4.4.3

Gilad

---

From: "Gilad Shaham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:46:53 +0100

Answer inline.

Gilad

From: Avasarala Ranjit-A20990 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:31 PM
To: Gilad Shaham; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Comments on draft-marjou-sipping-b2bua-00.txt
Importance: High

Hi

One query

Regards 
Ranjit 

Hi Xavier,

Section 4.2.3

[Gilad Shaham] A proxy must forward the all 200 OKs, the UAC will decide
which one to accept. IMO a B2BUA can do either - forward or ACK and send
a BYE transaction.

Section 4.4.3

Gilad