Subject: [Sipping] Fwd: early mediaon forked requests

From: "Mohsen Soroushnejad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:18:18 -0700

Hi -

Appendix E of the *draft-ietf-sipping-race-examples-01.txt
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-race-examples-01
)*
describes (very nicely I must add) the scenario where an INVITE request is
forked and
multiple early dialogs are established between the UAC and the UASs that
respond to the forked request.

Couple of questions related to the above use cases:

1) Is there a BCP or a draft specific to how the UAC should handle early
media in the multiple early dialogs
associated with the forked requests?

2) My experience is that many existing UAC implementations do not support
handling of multiple early dialogs as described
in the above draft and RFC 3261. What are the practical workarounds until
UACs become compliant? I've heard chatter on usage of UPDATE method towards
the UAC via an application server in between, but it clearly violates
end-to-end Offer/Answer model? Any ideas, drafts on this topic?

Thanks,
Mohsen
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP