Subject: [Sipping] the use of REFER confuses me

From: Jiangtao Jia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:23:03 +0800

All,
    When I read the SIMPLE-IM TS in
OMA(http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/MWG/IM/Permane
nt_documents/OMA-TS-SIMPLE_IM-V1_0-20070523-D.zip), there is a signalling
flow showing the use of REFER to delete History recordings or Deferred
messages.  The REFER method is sent to the Delete Function with the
identities of the data to be removed.
 
Request-URI field contains a DELETE Function URI, just like
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]. refer-to header field
contains message(s) or history file(s), which indicates the data to be
deleted. But in RFC 3515, there doesn't have any information showing the
useage of refer-to mentioned above.
 
I'm confused by the usage of REFER to delete message(s),can anyone help me
and make clarification?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,

Jiangtao Jia

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------

This email and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP