Subject: [Sipping] RE: Sipping Digest, Vol 38, Issue 32

From: "Ian Elz (CV/ETL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:50:58 +0200

Prince,

The issues relating to the 4 headers which reference other dialogs,
Replaces, Target-Dialog, Join and In-Reply-To have been identified and
it is planned to include details of this in a future draft. There is a
lot of detail which needs to be looked at for these headers. The key
issue is the REFER: Refer-To; Replaces and how that is handled.

The first part of your second issue, preloaded route set must also be
considered for the solution for handling these dialog reference headers
must be compatible with SIP networks which use pre-loaded route sets,
e.g. the IMS. There is no benefit in making an Internet solution if the
solution in incompatible for one of the largest SIP users. 

The handling of these headers and the routing required to support these
headers impacts other headers which cannot simply be mapped
transparently across the B2BUA.

Ian Elz

Office: + 44 24 764 35256
gsm: +44 7801723668
[email-masked]

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:59:01 +0530
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-marjou-sipping-b2bua-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Message-ID:
	
<OF6AF8DC9D.84C0B5BB-ON652572F8.00188906-652572F8.0018ED14@flextronicsso
ftware.com>
	
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hi  Marjou,

Here is few enhancements required on this draft.

1) The behavior of the Transparent B2BUA is not defined when any dialog 
info carrying SIP header is received in a Request.
        What should be the behavior of this B2BUA when an INVITE with 
Replaces(3891) is received? what about 
        Traget-Dialog?
        Currently this draft just tells that "The UAC SHOULD copy other 
header fields and body from
        the upstream request into this downstream request before sending

it"

2) Is it correct to copy the Route headers from upstream to downstream?
        a) What about if the B2BUA has a configured pre-loaded route
set?
        c) It is acting as a pure UA (B2BUA) w.r.t Record-Route header.
        b) From section 3 of this draft :  Hide topology information,
for 
example in the Call-ID,
        Via, Route, Record-Route, Contact header fields.
        So copying Route headers is not so correct w.r.t Topology
hiding.

Thanks & Regards,

Prince Arimboor
Senior Technical Leader
 
A R I C E N T
 
#7, 4th Floor, Sigma Softtech Park
Whitefield main Road,
Bangalore 560066, India
Main     +91 80.4106.9010
Fax      +91 80.4106.9500

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP