Subject: [Sipping] Need a Relax NG expert to Review: draft-ietf-sipping-media-policy-dataset-04 for WGLC

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:52:58 -0500

Hi all,

Per this review, the WGLC on this document ended on Monday (11th) and it
really needs someone that's a Relax NG guru to at least carefully review
section 8 (Relax NG definition) on pages 21 through the top of page 29.
I'm sure there must someone that has some expertise on this list amongst
the 2042 subscribers.

Thanks,
Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00) 
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 3:27 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] WGLC Review:
draft-ietf-sipping-media-policy-dataset-04

Draft:  draft-ietf-sipping-media-policy-dataset-04
Reviewer: Mary Barnes
Review Date: 8 June 2007
Review Deadline: 11 June 2007
Status: WGLC

Summary: This draft is on the right track for publication and has nits
that need to be fixed before publication. 

Comments:
---------
I had previously reviewed the -01 version and there's been too many
changes for the rfcdiff to be useful or for my previous comments to
apply. 

- The big comment is that section 8 needs to be reviewed by a Relax NG
Expert per the Note.  Do we have someone in the SIPPING WG that can
review that section?  

Nits:
------
- Header: Need to add "Intended Status:" (i.e., category="std" in the
<rfc> field)  

- General: "media types" vs "media-types" (use one or the other
consistently - i.e., the former is used in the Abstract, the latter in
the 1st paragraph - I'm not sure where else)

- Section 6.1, 3rd paragraph: "attribute" -> "attributes"

- Section 8.10.1: 2nd paragraph: should read the "<domain> element is
only defined inside a <session-policy> element" ( rather than
<session-info> )

- References:
- [2] 3555 has been replaced by 4855 and 4856. 
- [5] has been published as RFC 3688.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:55:52 +0300

> I'm sure there must someone that has some expertise on this list amongst
I've looked at the schemas, so some comments. So this i-d depends on 
profile-datasets and the base schema defined there, i.e. it is not 
possible to give comments based solely on this i-d. The biggest issues 
are with extensions. So i had to revamp the base schema in uaprof quite 
a bit (changed chemas and examples are available at 
<http://validate.openlaboratory.net/policy-dataset/>). And i don't claim 
these were _ready_ but at least the examples validate.

So in uaprof I removed <ElementGenericSetting> and 
<ElementGenericSettingContainer> and added a liberal extension point 
<PropertySetExtension>  for combine="interleave" definitions (to be used 
in additional schemas that include the base schema). The model is 
similar to one used in 
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/simple/draft-urpalainen-simple-presence-relaxng-03.txt>. 
<anyPropertySetExtension> allows easy forwards and backwards compatible 
schemas and the including schemas can restrict this extension point 
easily if they so desire (because of e.g. deterministic and unambiguous 
schemas...). At least <ElementMaxSessionBandwidth> is still missing from 
this schema as it is referenced from policy-dataset.

In policy-dataset I added "PolicyGeneralAttributes" definition because 
it was used in several places. "AttributeMediaType" definition is also 
missing, maybe it should be in uaprof. "AttributeGenericAttributes" is 
defined by "AttributeGeneric" in uaprof. These attribute extensions are 
somewhat tricky in relaxng as there may _not_ be overlapping 
definitions, but fortunately relaxng allows a very flexible but somewhat 
verbose extensions with <except> rule. Then there were some cardinality 
bugs in containers. Examples didn't include xml declarations and 
elements were not namespace qualified. The document root element in 
uaprof is <propertySet>. "ElementQoSDSCP" did have typos in references.  
Also I'm not thrilled with the convention where in section 4.1 and in 
the relaxng schema, the same content model is being described, this 
easily leads to conflicts, one example being that <session-info> has no 
extension point in the schema (i could propose a liberal one, btw., as 
relaxng does _not_ have an annoying UPA constraint ;-)). The same 
applies to <session-policy>, section 5.1.

There might be a preference for using the compact format of relaxng, so 
one could issue rnc schema as normative and perhaps rng in an appendix 
as informative.  btw. trang is capable of converting e.g. from rng to rnc.

br, Jari