Subject: [Sipping] New version: draft-ietf-sipping-offeranswer-02

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:06:12 -0400

There is a new -02 version of the offeranswer draft. Unfortunately it 
missed the deadline for submission by a few hours so it isn't on the 
server. Jonathan graciously agreed to host a copy so people can get it 
before it is formally posted.

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-offeranswer-02.txt

The changes from the -01 version are quite minor, just some improved 
wording and clarification of the relationship to forking.

There were bigger changes in the -01 version, which also came out since 
the Prague meeting. That version added a new section 4 giving guidance 
on the content of offers and answers.

There has been a fair amount of discussion about the significance of 
changes in the o-line in subsequent offers and answers, but by a fairly 
small number of people. I don't have a good sense if we have consensus 
on this or not. The draft currently takes a conservative position, 
following 3264, which is quite restrictive. The discussion has been 
about what should happen when 3264 is violated, by changing the session 
id in the o-line.

IMO if a particular behavior is to be mandated when 3264 is violated in 
this way then that constitutes an extension to 3264. The offeranswer 
draft is intended to become a BCP, so it won't be making any normative 
changes.

I'd like to get this nailed down at the meeting so we can proceed to 
WGLC. I'd like to see input on this subject from other people than the 
few of us who have already spoken.

	Thanks,
	Paul

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP