Subject: [Sipping] New version: draft-ietf-sipping-gruu-reg-event-09

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:26:22 -0400

I submitted another revision of gruu-reg-event, which is now available 
on the server.

This aligns it with draft-ietf-sip-gruu-14, notably around the 
management of temporary GRUU lifetimes.

The syntax of both <temp-gruu> and <perm-gruu> has changed from -08. Now 
the gruu is passed as a attribute, as the AOR is in the <registration> 
element. <temp-gruu> now has another attribute specifying the cseq value 
for the oldest currently valid temp gruu.

There is also a new section explaining how this information is used by 
the UA to ensure it is only using valid temp gruus.

Happy reading.

	Thanks,
	Paul

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-gruu-reg-event-09.txt
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:15:02 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Registration Event Package Extension for Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP) Globally Routable User Agent URIs (GRUUs)
	Author(s)	: P. Kyzivat
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-gruu-reg-event-09.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2007-7-9
	
RFC 3680 defines a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)[5] event package
    for registration state.  This package allows a watcher to learn about
    information stored by a SIP registrar, including its registered
    contact.

    However, the registered contact is frequently unreachable and thus
    not useful for watchers.  The Globally Routable User Agent URI

    (GRUU), defined in RFC YYYY [3], is a URI that is capable of reaching
    a particular contact.  However this URI is not included in the
    document format defined in RFC 3680.  This specification defines an
    extension to the registration event package to include GRUUs assigned
    by the registrar.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-gruu-reg-event-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-sipping-gruu-reg-event-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-gruu-reg-event-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP