Subject: [Sipping] Updated: I-D: SIMPLE presence to Web feed mapping: Motivation draft

From: "Arjun Roychowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:26:30 -0400

Gentlemen, I posted a revised version of the draft at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roy-simple-presencerss-01.txt

This version incoporates comments received earlier on this list.

Additional comments, opinions are welcome.

regds
arjun

Abstract:
Web feeds (hereby referred to as 'feed') have always played an
   important role in providing users content related updates of Websites
   without having to visit those websites manually. Typical examples of
   feed usage include users 'subscribing' to the feed of a website
   (example, CNN.com) and thereby automatically receiving 'news
   headlines' when the content changes. Recently, there have been
   significant innovations (example [13][12]) where feeds from different
   sources have been combined to produce new services in a 'Web Based
   Service Creation Environment' model allowing users to create
   interesting services building on top of 'primitives' that can be
   represented on the Web.

   This document describes the motivation for a feed for Presence
   information, which the authors believe would be useful to create new
   services using a similar environment described above.

-- 
Arjun Roychowdhury

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP