Subject: [Sipping] Question about Table 1 in draft-ietf-sipping-offeranswer-02

From: Byron Campen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 10:13:07 -0500

I have a quick question about Table 1.

	It seems that 'Early' really means 'The active INVITE transaction  
has already received a reliable provisional response.' For the  
initial INVITE transaction, this corresponds to an Early dialog, but  
for reINVITE, it does not (dialog is already established). As I read  
the standards, exchanges 1-4 cannot be done once a reliable response  
has been received, regardless of whether this is the initial INVITE  
or a reINVITE, correct?

	We could also say that 1-4 are not valid unless they are the first  
offer/answer exchange in a given INVITE transaction.

Best regards,
Byron Campen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP