Subject: [Sipping] Application Profile Event Package

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 12:48:56 +0200

Hi,

during the last IETF meeting after the presentation of the draft
***Extension to the ua-profile Event Package to Support the Application 
Profile Type***
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-channabasappa-sipping-app-profile-type-01.txt 

I have received one comment related the fact that the mechanism used is 
a little too complicate and it should be simplified.

We'd like proceed the work on this draft, with the help of all the 
people that are interested
so can you please explain what you think it should be improved and how 
it should be possible simplify the mechanism?
we'll appreciate all the help that you and all the wg can provide us.

As you can see in the slides 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/sipping-1/sld1.htm
we asked also the comments and suggestions related to two specific problem:
1)We need to mandate uniqueness of application identifiers (appids) to 
avoid ambiguity in implementations
One potential solution is specify it a URN
Any other suggestions?
2) We need to provide clear requirements on the handling of profile data 
in notifications
Two options were presented:
- the NOTIFY message body will contain a ”multipart/mixed” content-type, 
and the ordering of the body-parts corresponds to the ordering of the 
”appids” application value.
- An alternative to multipart/mixed content is to require all 
implementations supporting subscriptions to multiple applications to 
conform to a common XML schema.
any recommendations?

best regards
Sal
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP