Subject: [Sipping] Updated service-ID draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:54:51 -0500

After an overly long delay, I've finally updated the service ID draft 
based on initial reviews:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-identification-01.txt

There are numerous clarifications, but the main changes are:

* changed to informational and removed RFC2119 terms

* removed inline quote of rfc4479 and instead reference the reader to
   that text.

* reorganized text a bit to separate architectural principles from
   perils and provide a central place of enumeration of each

* added two more recommendations. One is to use presence to learn
   per-service URI. The other is to use implicit preferences as defined
   in rfc3841 to to device dispatch.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   499 Thornall St.
Cisco Fellow                                   Edison, NJ 08837
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP