Subject: [Sipping] Welcome any comments or suggestions on draft-izumikawa-sipping-sipbicast-01

From: Haruki Izumikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 03:46:23 +0900

Hello folks,

I've just submitted an updated version of the draft that describes
bi-casting media streams to realize a seamless vertical handoff.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-izumikawa-sipping-sipbicast-01.txt

Any comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Title           : SIP-based Bicasting for Seamless Handover between
Heterogeneous Networks
Author(s)       : H. Izumikawa, R. Lillie
Filename        : draft-izumikawa-sipping-sipbicast-01.txt
Pages           : 23
Date            : 2008-02-25

A vertical session handoff occurs in heterogeneous networks when a
session media is moved between access networks within the same
device.  During session handoff, bi-casting media streams to both
access networks of the session's device may be desirable to insure a
seamless session handoff.  This document describes the general
methods and specifies the signaling and media flows for providing
this service using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [1].

Best regards,

Haruki

-- 
Haruki Izumikawa
KDDI R&D Laboratories
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP