Subject: [Sipping] draft-ietf-sipping-udate-pai-00 - open issue 3

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:02:19 +0000

Are there any use cases that justify the use of P-Preferred-Identity in
an UPDATE request? The conditions under which an UPDATE request needs to
include P-Asserted-Identity are generally associated with B2BUAs and
Gateways, which normally would be treated as being within the Trust
Domain. In this case they can use P-Asserted-Identity, so are there
other circumstances where UACs outside the Trust Domain would need to
send an identity in an UPDATE request.

John
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Hisham Khartabil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:25:29 +1100

Well, I might want to change my identity during a game or chat session. the
proxy needs to, however, react to the presence of the P-Preferred-Identify
header. Its a different matter whether the proxy should challenge the
inentity first (that's the topic of a separate thread).

Hisham