Subject: [Sipping] New Version Notification for draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-06

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:20:27 -0600

A new version of I-D, draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-06.txt has been
successfuly submitted.

Filename: draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle
Revision: 06
Title: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Notification Extension
for Notification Throttling

Updates:
- updated references
- clarified that notifier may lower or higher watcher suggested throttle
(the latter one is due to local (static) configuration)
- clarified that throttle mechanism may be used to pause-resume notifys
(if throttle=subscription expiry time then notifys are paused until
subscription expiry/refresh)
- clarified that throttling is not to be applied when subscription state
changes from pending to active (The user is not authorized yet, thus it
gets a notify with pending state. Later on the user is authorized and it
should get the full notify.)

Abstract:
This memo specifies a throttle mechanism for limiting the rate of
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event notifications. This mechanism
can be applied in subscriptions to all SIP event packages, but the
mechanism is especially designed to be used in combination with a
subscription to a Resource List Server (RLS).

Cheers,
Krisztian
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:26:44 -0600

Sorry, forgot the link:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-06.t
xt

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:20 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Sipping] New Version Notification 
>fordraft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-06
>
>A new version of I-D, 
>draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-06.txt has been successfuly 
>submitted.
>
>Title: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Notification 
>Extension for Notification Throttling
>
>Updates:
>- updated references
>- clarified that notifier may lower or higher watcher 
>suggested throttle (the latter one is due to local (static) 
>configuration)
>- clarified that throttle mechanism may be used to 
>pause-resume notifys (if throttle=subscription expiry time 
>then notifys are paused until subscription expiry/refresh)
>- clarified that throttling is not to be applied when 
>subscription state changes from pending to active (The user is 
>not authorized yet, thus it gets a notify with pending state. 
>Later on the user is authorized and it should get the full notify.)
>
>Abstract:
>This memo specifies a throttle mechanism for limiting the rate 
>of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event notifications. This 
>mechanism can be applied in subscriptions to all SIP event 
>packages, but the mechanism is especially designed to be used 
>in combination with a subscription to a Resource List Server (RLS).
>
>
>Cheers,
>Krisztian
>This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use 
>[email-masked] for questions on current sip