Subject: [Sipping] IETF-72 SIPPING Agenda reminder and brief WG status

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:54:36 -0500

Hi all,

This is a reminder of the cut-off dates for draft submission for
IETF-72:
- Monday, July 7th for -00s
- Monday, July 14th for -01+
Refer here for complete details:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/72/72-cutoff_dates.html
So, these dates are just a few weeks off and our WG agenda is due on
July 16th (less than a month away).  Also, please use the tool to upload
your document: https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/upload.cgi  
It will be published very, very quickly this way, but I will note that
it does not check for ALL the nits, so it's a good idea to run idnits
before submitting:
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/ 

As a reminder for folks with individual documents wanting WG agenda
time, the agenda slots are given based on the amount of discussion and
interest expressed for the document/topic on the WG mailing list prior
to the meeting. And, of course, priority is always given to chartered
items. At this time we do have a 2.5 hour slot on Monday morning. Note
that agenda requests should make sure to include Oscar Novo (SIPPING WG
secretary, cc'ed above) along with SIPPING chairs. Oscar puts the agenda
requests to be considered by the chairs in putting together the agenda
on the alternate WG webpage, so having your request there does not imply
you'll get agenda time:
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf72/Agenda_request.html  But,
you're almost guaranteed to not get agenda time if your request does not
appear there. 

The WG mailing list has been very quiet (a weeks worth of discussion
fits on one page including the spam for watches).   So, I would strongly
recommend folks get discussion going on individual documents and realize
that if you wait until the cutoff, it's far less likely (albeit not
impossible for some topics) to garner enough attention to get agenda
time.  Also, a hint that just announcing your document without
attempting to stimulate discussion on particular issues associated with
the problem your document addresses typically isn't very effective
(i.e., no response doesn't imply that folks like your document - indeed
the chairs interpret that as there being no interest in the topic).  

There is one item that we should try to seek closure on during the next
couple weeks (although Christer has put in a placeholder for agenda
time) - the liasion with 3GPP on the offer/answer.  I don't recall that
there was a clear conclusion to this thread and per Christer's note, we
do owe them a response:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg15771.html

We anticipate agenda time to discuss the status of the overload design
team. 

I will be posting the complete WG status files and summary in a day or
so, but just to summarize a few highlights of current WG items:
- WGLC for NAT scenarios was completed (with lots of constructive
feedback). New version pending editor's incorporation of all the
feedback.  In the past the completion of the document was pending the
completion of ICE. TURN is now the document for whose completion this
document awaits. 
- Initial WG review for the PAI update was completed and an updated
document is available. 

We are currently awaiting an update to the profile-datasets document,
which is a dependency for the SIP WG policy framework and the only "old"
document left in the WG. The current editor has had overwhelming demands
from his day job, so we will likely be adding an additional author to
this document. 

We are also awaiting an update to the service-identification document
(post WGLC), so that document is very close to being completed in the
WG. 

Regards,
Mary
(SIPPING WG co-chair)
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP