Subject: [Sipping] SIPPING WG Status - 23 June 2008

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:01:41 -0500

The spreadsheets tracking the SIPPING WG chartered items have been
updated, with the status of the work items summarized below: 

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt.html
(sorted by Review due date - most useful for WG to know what they should
be reviewing now) 

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-rev-due.ht
ml  (sorted by revision due date - most useful for doc editors to know
when their next update is expected).  

Regards,
Mary
SIPPING WG co-chair

Note: please read the editor "want ad" at the bottom of this email. We
are in need of a new editor for profile-datasets. 

========================================================================

Docs completing initial WG review: 
--------------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-02 (WG review ended 12 May 2008)
Editor: John Elwell
Token: WG and reviewers to review lastest version and comment (before
July 4th if possible)
       Editor to respond to and incorporate changes
Reviewers: Vijay Gurbani, Paul Kyzivat, Francois Audet
Proto: Gonzalo

Docs having completed WGLC (since May 5th): 
--------------------------------------------
- - draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-08 (WGLC ended 23 May 2008 )
Editor: Chris Boulton
Token:Editor to respond to many reviews
Note: several of the reviews highlighted the dependency on TURN, thus we
will likely defer progression of this document until TURN is completed
in BEHAVE WG
Reviewers:  Vijay Gurbani, Spencer Dawkins, Francois Audet, Dan Wing
Proto: Mary

Docs being worked post-review: 
----------------------------

- draft-ietf-sipping-media-policy-dataset-05 (WGLC ended 11 June 2007)
Token: Editor (Volker Hilt) working on updates
Reviewers: Roni Even, Jari Urpalainen, Christian Schmidt
Note: this document has a dependency on the
draft-ietf-sipping-profile-dataset, which has a dependency on the
draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework
(which is a dependency for the draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework)
Proto: Mary

- draft-ietf-sipping-service-identification-01 (WGLC Review period ended
11 April 2008 )
Editor:  Jonathan Rosenberg
Token: Editor to respond to reviews/incorporate changes 
Reviewers: Tolga Asveren, Mahesh, Spencer Dawkins (RAI Area)
Proto: Gonzalo

Docs forwarded to IESG(since May 5th): 
--------------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-cc-framework-10 
Token: AD
Editor: Alan Johnston
Reviewers: AC Mahendran, John Elwell, Xavier Marjou
Proto: Gonzalo

Docs planned for WGLC during Aug/Sept:
-------------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-sipping-presence-scaling-requirements-01 (Initial Review
period ended 21 April 2008, WGLC planned 4-25 August)
Editor: Avshalom Houri
Token: Editor to incorporate changes, noting the general agreement to
progress the document in this WG
Reviewers:  Vijay Gurbani
Proto: Gonzalo

- draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-02 (WGLC planned 9-29 Sept 2008)
(Details above)

Docs planned for Initial Review before IETF-72 (maybe):
-----------------------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-sipping-profile-datasets   (-01 originally due on 4/11)
Note: Please READ - Editor wanted for mature WG document. 
********************************************
We are in a sad state where none of the co-authors can work on the
document, thus we need a new editor for this document ASAP. Please let
WG chairs know if you can take on this document. It has been in the WG a
very long time and just needs a little bit of care and attention to
details and it should be about done. The config-fw is not useful without
this and other dataset documents. Other dataset documents depend on this
one. The Policy framework in the SIP WG has a dependency on this
document.  Please note that you will not be alone in this endeavor.
There are still folks in the config-fw design team that have an interest
in this document and it is expected that co-authors will contribute to
the document. 
***********************************************
Editor: TBD
Token: Editor to update per March/early April discussion ("invisible").
WG to review and determine readiness for WGLC.
Reviewers:  Dean Willis, Paul Kyzivat, at least one additional reviewer
needed for this doc. Proposed Initial WG review dates: 14 April - 5 May
(Note: these dates will obviously change once the revision is submitted)
Proto: Mary

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:36:02 -0500

I just realized that I had used old reviewer lists for a couple of the
docs below (nat-scenarios and update-pai) and I don't want to miss
giving folks credit for taking the time to do these reviews as they are
key to progressing WG documents and really help to improve the quality.
The reviews were accurately captured in the spreadsheets.

Thanks,
Mary.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00)
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 6:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Gonzalo Camarillo
Subject: [Sipping] SIPPING WG Status - 23 June 2008

Regards,
Mary
SIPPING WG co-chair

- draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-02 (WG review ended 12 May 2008)
Editor: John Elwell
Token: WG and reviewers to review lastest version and comment (before
July 4th if possible)
       Editor to respond to and incorporate changes
Reviewers: Vijay Gurbani, Paul Kyzivat, Francois Audet, Thomas Stach
Proto: Gonzalo

Docs having completed WGLC (since May 5th): 
--------------------------------------------
- - draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-08 (WGLC ended 23 May 2008 )
Editor: Chris Boulton
Token:Editor to respond to many reviews
Note: several of the reviews highlighted the dependency on TURN, thus we
will likely defer progression of this document until TURN is completed
in BEHAVE WG
Reviewers:  Vijay Gurbani, Francois Audet, Dan Wing, Philip Matthews
(RAI), Remi Denis-Courmant (BEHAVE WG), Ali Keranen, Jerry Yin
Proto: Mary