Subject: [Sipping] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Updates to Asserted Identity in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : J. Elwell
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-06-26

SIP has a mechanism for conveying the asserted identity of the
originator of a request by means of the P-Asserted-Identity header
field.  This header field is specified for use in requests using a
number of SIP methods, in particular the INVITE method.  However, RFC
3325 does not specify the insertion of this header field by a trusted
UAC, does not specify the use of this header field with certain SIP
methods such as UPDATE, REGISTER, MESSAGE, PUBLISH and ACK, and is
unclear on the use of this header field in responses.  This document
extends RFC 3325 to cover these situations.
This work is being discussed on the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP