Subject: [Sipping] Publish a different status for different contacts

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:11:58 +0530

Hi,
Can anyone suggest some documents which might have some information for
implementing the scenario:A presentity wants to publish a different
status for different contacts he has on his list.For example he could
choose to be 'busy' to 2 contacts,'away' for 1 contact and available to
all others.
I went through 3GPP document for presence where the following
information is given.

Presence Structure to Support Multiple Values for Attributes

Attributes shall be mapped to separate tuples which have unique
identifiers. If the presentity wants to show different presence
information concerning one attribute to different watchers the
presentity shall create more than one tuple that contain the same
attribute with different value. The association of tuples to different
watchers and watcher groups shall be based on the subscription
authorisation policies. The presentity controls the value of the
attribute by modifying the corresponding tuple. Figure 6.1.2-1
illustrates how different values for different watchers are provided
utilising subscription authorisation policies.

NOTE:       The figure 6.1.2-1 is illustrative only and it shall not
mandate or limit the server implementation options.

Figure 6.1.2-1: Illustration how subscription authorisation lists are
utilised to present different values of the same attribute to different
watchers

But i am still confused how exactly 'tuple id' to 'contact' mapping can
be done.i couldnot find anything in either PIDF or RPID RFCs to suggest
some such mapping.
 
Regards,
 
Veechi Jha
Project Engineer
Mobile and Consumer Electronics
Wipro Technologies
 
+91-80-28520408-7086
 
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:20:36 -0400

I don't understand what you are asking. Each tuple may contain a 
contact. Put whichever contact you want in the tuple.

	Paul

[email-masked] wrote:
> *Figure 6.1.2-1: Illustration how subscription authorisation lists are 
> watchers*
> /**/ 
> /*Regards,*/
> /*Veechi Jha*/
> /*Project Engineer*/
> /*Mobile and Consumer Electronics*/
> /*Wipro Technologies*/
>  
> */+91-80-28520408-7086/*
>  
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:22:39 -0400

From: <[email-masked]>

The answer depends on exactly what the question is.  If you look at
RFC 3863, the PIDF can provide a different presence status for every
contact of the entity.  But those contacts are contacts of the entity,
addresses which can be used to reach the entity.  Different observers
of the PIDF will see the same status for each contact.

Dale

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:23:59 +0530

Right.All the documents i saw talk of only this context.i want to know how I can show my status to be different for different watchers...I need to implement this scenario...where the status of the same presentity will be different for different watchers.
 
Veechi Jha
Project Engineer
Wipro Technologies
Email:[email-masked]
Mob:+919916896764

________________________________

From: [email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]
Sent: Thu 6/26/2008 8:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Publish a different status for different contacts

Dale

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:22:49 -0400

Right.All the documents i saw talk of only this context.i want to
   know how I can show my status to be different for different
   watchers...I need to implement this scenario...where the status of
   the same presentity will be different for different watchers.

I do not think there is a provision in SIP for doing that.

Dale

---

From: "Sanjay Sinha (sanjsinh)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:19:30 -0400

One can have a watcher based policy/filtering that is applied to pidf
before it is sent out to watchers. It can be applied to a group of
watcher, but it may not scale if it is applied per watcher.

Sanjay 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
>Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:23 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use 
>[email-masked] for questions on current sip

---

From: Qian Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:44:40 +0800

Hi, Veechi

The <class> element could be used to implement this scenario.

Qian
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:54 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Publish a different status for different contacts

Veechi Jha
Project Engineer
Wipro Technologies