Subject: [Sipping] RFC 5194 on Framework for Real-Time Text over IP Using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:23:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5194

        Title:      Framework for Real-Time Text over 
                    IP Using the Session Initiation Protocol 
                    (SIP) 
        Author:     A. van Wijk, Ed.,
                    G. Gybels, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 68636
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-toip-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5194.txt

This document lists the essential requirements for real-time
Text-over-IP (ToIP) and defines a framework for implementation of all
required functions based on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and
the Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP).  This includes interworking
between Text-over-IP and existing text telephony on the Public
Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and other networks.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP