Subject: [Sipping] SIPPING WG Status - 29 August 2008

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:18:21 -0500

Hi all, 

The spreadsheets tracking the SIPPING WG chartered items have been
updated, with the status of the work items summarized below: 

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt.html
(sorted by Review due date - most useful for WG to know what they should
be reviewing now) 

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-rev-due.ht
ml
(sorted by revision due date - most useful for doc editors to know when
their next update is expected).  

Regards,
Mary
SIPPING WG co-chair

Note: We do have quite a few docs under review right now, but all the
docs have been available for at least a month.  In order to allow time
for updates prior to IETF-73, we really need to get feedback on these
documents so we can make progress on them and to be able to have
constructive discussions in Minneapolis. 

========================================================================

Docs completing WG review (WGLC, post-WGLC, etc.) (since June 23, 2008):

------------------------------------------------------------------------

None. 

Docs undergoing review/discussion:
--------------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-05 (discussion based on post-WGLC and
IETF-73 feedback - Discussion ends 3 Sept 2008) 
Editor: John Elwell
Token: WG and reviewers to review lastest version and comment on John's
proposals for the way forward
       Editor to respond to and incorporate changes
Reviewers: Vijay Gurbani, Paul Kyzivat, Francois Audet, Thomas Stach
Proto: Gonzalo

- draft-ietf-sipping-presence-scaling-requirements-01 (WGLC ends 3 Sept
2008)
Editor: Avshalom Houri
Token: WG/reviewers
progress the document in this WG
Reviewers:  Vijay Gurbani, Hisham Khartibil (RAI/SIMPLE WG)
Proto: Gonzalo
Note: we will not be able to progress this document unless we get two
other reviewers!

- draft-ietf-sipping-profile-datasets-01  (Pre-WGLC ends 10 Sept 2008)
Editor: Martin Dolly
Token: WG to review and determine readiness for WGLC.
Reviewers:  Dean Willis, Paul Kyzivat, at least one additional reviewer
needed for this doc (ideally someone who has experience with SIP phone
configuration)
Proto: Mary

- draft-ietf-sipping-service-identification-03 (Post-WGLC review ends 17
Sept 2008 )
Editor:  Jonathan Rosenberg
Token: Editor to respond to reviews/incorporate changes
Reviewers: Tolga Asveren, Mahesh, Spencer Dawkins (RAI Area), Paul
Kyzivat (Paul and Tolga have already provided comments)
Proto: Gonzalo

- draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-05 (Expert Review ends 5 Sept 2008)
Editor: Fleming Andreasen
Token: Reviewer (Dave Oran)
Proto: Mary

Docs forwarded to IESG(since June 23): 
--------------------------------------
None. 

Docs planned for WGLC before year-end:
-------------------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-overload-design  (Initial Review planned for 17
Sept - 8 Oct 2008)

Docs planned for WGLC before year-end:
-------------------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-profile-datasets   (see above)

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:03:14 -0500

Previous versions of this draft were ready for requested publication. I have 
reviewed the significant additions in Section 7 and believe that version 03 
is still ready for requested publication.

Thanks,

Spencer