Subject: [Sipping] IETF-73 SIPPING WG meeting minutes available

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:31:37 -0500

Hi all,

The minutes from the IETF-73 session are now available on softarmor:
https://softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf73/notes/sipping-73-minutes.txt

I will upload to the IETF proceedings tomorrow.

Also, I will be putting links to the snippets that go with each of the
agenda items on the webpage that Vijay was gracious enough to setup for
us that also has the relevant audio snippets:
https://softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf73/audio/index.html

Here is a summary of actions:

- WG charter. Mary to post proposed charter updates to mailing list.
Once agreed, forward to AD (Jon P) for approval.  Mary to update WG s/s
with new dates and post status to WG mailing list. (Note: this last item
has already been done:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg16492.html

- draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-07.txt: Three week WG re-review post
IETF-73, ending Dec 15, 2008. 

- draft-ietf-sipping-overload-design-00.txt: Volker to submit updated
document. Once available (targeted for mid December) WG review to
determine readiness for WGLC to be scheduled.  Ideally, folks will
forward this doc to their systems engineers for feedback and validation
of the model, as well as gathering input from developers for the
proposed solution (which will be progressed in SIP WG).  Also, WG to be
asked on the list as to where the simulation results should be captured
- in this doc, a separate doc or not in any IETF doc. 

- draft-ietf-sipping-profile-datasets-02.txt: Document to be revised by
new editor (Dale Worley). Once available WG review to determine
readiness for WGLC to be scheduled (targeted for mid January 2009).  It
is critical to get WG interest in and reviews for this document, due to
other doc dependencies (on this document). 

- draft-ietf-sipping-offer-answer-09: Solution proposals to be discussed
on SIPPING WG mailing list. Once agreed, solutions will be progressed in
SIP WG(pending SIP WG agreement to accept as work items). This SIPPING
WG document will be updated to capture solution decisions so that BCP is
complete. 

- draft-niemi-event-throttle-07: Update to be submitted. Once submitted,
WG initial review to commence to determine readiness to accept as WG
document and WGLC (pending discussions with ADs). Doc can be completed
in SIPPING WG 
Note: this doc is a dependency for GEOPRIV work, as well as OMA. 

- draft-loreto-sipping-context-id-requirements-01.txt: Discussion on
this topic 
to continue on the list. 

- draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt: Authors to update the document
and once available 3 week WG initial review to determine readiness for
WGLC. Review ends on Dec 22, 2008. Once WGLC completed, doc will be
forwarded to SIP WG for completion of solution (pending SIP WG agreement
to accept as a WG item). 

- draft-niccolini-sipping-siphandover-05.txt: Discussion on this topic
to continue on the list. 

- draft-dawes-sipping-debug-event-01 and
draft-dawes-sipping-debug-id-01: 
Discussion of a more general solution for SIP to continue to be
discussed on SIPPING WG mailing list amongst interested parties. 

Please let me know if you see any issues with the minutes. 

Thanks,
Mary. 
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:14:31 -0500

Hi all,
 
The minutes have been uploaded to the IETF-73 proceedings:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08nov/minutes/sipping.html
 
Vijay has also added the links to the minutes on the webpage he setup
splitting out the audio for each topic, so you can find everything here:
https://softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf73/audio/index.html
 
Thanks Vijay!
 
It would be useful for folks to provide feedback on this approach. This
is something the secretariat is considering doing across the board
(although, likely not splitting out each topic like this - thus feedback
on this in particular is very useful). 
 
Thanks,
Mary. 

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00)
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:32 PM
To: IETF Sipping List
Cc: [email-masked]; Gonzalo Camarillo
Subject: [Sipping] IETF-73 SIPPING WG meeting minutes available

Hi all, 

The minutes from the IETF-73 session are now available on softarmor: 
https://softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf73/notes/sipping-73-minutes.txt
<https://softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf73/notes/sipping-73-minutes.txt

https://softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf73/audio/index.html
<https://softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf73/audio/index.html>  

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg16492.html
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg16492.html>  

Thanks, 
Mary.