Subject: [Sipping] SIPPING WG Status - 4 December 2008

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:55:25 -0500

Hi all, 

The spreadsheets tracking the SIPPING WG chartered items have been
updated:
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt.html
(sorted by Review due date - most useful for WG to know what they should
be reviewing now) 

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-rev-due.ht
ml
(sorted by revision due date - most useful for doc editors to know when
their next update is expected).  

The status of the various documents is summarized below. In looking at
the s/s and below you can see that there are quite a few docs being
worked on in December. This is for a couple reasons:

1) Prioritizing work that is near completion (even some newer work is
really fairly mature). These items have much more aggressive deadlines,
so it's hoped that the authors are motivated and have the time to
complete this work. Note, there has been a lot of RAI area discussion
around prioritizing work items.  Based on the experiences in this WG,
the priorities are far more determined by the author in terms of
aggressively driving discussion and updating the documents, as well as
WG members reviewing and commenting on documents. 

2) There really is a very short timeframe before IETF-74 (especially
considering upcoming holidays) and it really, really is important that
we update docs more than once between meetings. While that is the
objective, there is some buffer for delays in that there are few reviews
scheduled for Jan, with an uptake again in Feb - per item 1) above, the
docs get handled in the order in which they're ready. 

3) Several of the docs are individual/AD and the expert reviews are
completed, thus it's a matter of addressing the comments from the expert
reviewing and them moving forward with the docs, thus they don't require
the attention of the entire WG at this time. 

The milestones for many of the docs have been changed to account for
delays in updates post-IETF 73. Thus, these milestones are different
even than what was presented at IETF-74 in the chair charts (that flew
by and verbally summarized due to computer problems). I will post a
summary of the new proposed milestones shortly. 

Regards,
Mary
SIPPING WG co-chair

========================================================================

Docs with WG reviews completed (since Aug 29, 2008): 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-sipping-presence-scaling-requirements-01 (WGLC ended 3 Sept
2008)
Editor: Avshalom Houri
Token: Editor to ensure all post-WGLC comments are addresed and doc is
updated. 
- Once doc is updated Proto write-up will be completed and 
doc forwarded to AD (by 31 Dec 2008)
Reviewers:  Vijay Gurbani, Jean-Francois Mule, Hisham Khartibil
(RAI/SIMPLE WG), Christian Schmidt
Proto: Gonzalo

- draft-ietf-sipping-profile-datasets-01  (Pre-WGLC ended 10 Sept 2008)
Editor: Martin Dolly and Dale Worley
Token: Editors to update doc, incorporating WG feedback from past
reviews and ML. 
- Doc should be updated no later than 15 Jan 2009 in anticipation of
pre-WGLC to start on 19 Jan 2009. WGLC targetted to start end of March
2009. 
Reviewers:  Dale Worley, Jean-Luc Bakker, Andrew Hutton
Proto: Mary
Note: we really, really need more reviewers for this doc, particularly
since Dale is taking over some of the editting. Ideally we'll need an
XML schema expert (Mary will try to get one). But, it would also be
really, really useful for someone who is very familiar with SIP device
configuration to review the doc. Mary will bug folks to try to find one
- i.e., someone participating in SIP Forum ua-config group would be
ideal) 

- draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-05 (Expert Review ended 5 Sept
2008)
Editor: Fleming Andreasen
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia
Token: Mary to follow-up with ADs on progressing as Ind/AD doc.
Proto: Mary

- draft-ietf-sipping-service-identification-03 (Post-WGLC review ended
17 Sept 2008, 
Fwded to AD on 30 October 2008 )
Editor:  Jonathan Rosenberg
Token: AD
Reviewers: Tolga Asveren, Mahesh, Spencer Dawkins (RAI Area), Paul
Kyzivat 
Proto: Gonzalo

- draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-02 (Expert Review ended 16 October 2008)
Editor: Henry Sinnreich
Reviewer: Paul Kyzivat
Token: Reviewer(s) feedback on current version (-03) in terms of
addressing comments and issues (on or before 31 Dec 2008)
- Once reviewers are okay with doc, it will be forwarded to AD for
progression (Ind/AD). 
Proto: Mary
Note: also captured as a RAI area review

Docs undergoing review/discussion:
--------------------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-09 (post-WGLC Review ended: 15
October 2008, extended to acct for TURN WGLC ending 27 November 2008)
Editor: Chris Boulton
Token: Reviewers to provide feedback and editor to respond to feedback
(currently remaining feedback is due from TURN experts - TURN WGLC ended
27 November)
Reviewers:  Vijay Gurbani, Francois Audet, Remi Denis-Courmant, Ali
Keranen, Jerry Yin, Dan Wing, Philip Matthews
Proto: Mary

- draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-05 (discussion based on post-WGLC and
IETF-74 feedback - Discussion ends 15 Dec 2008)
Editor: John Elwell
Token: WG and reviewers to review lastest version and comment on John's
proposals for the way forward (Again)
       Editor to respond to and incorporate changes
Reviewers: Vijay Gurbani, Paul Kyzivat, Francois Audet, Thomas Stach
Proto: Gonzalo

- draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui (pre-WGLC ends on 22 Dec 2008)
Editor: Alan Johnston
Token: WG and reviewers to review and consider completeness of problem
statement and requirements. Feedback on solution is WBN. Plan is to
complete WGLC in Feb. 2009 and forward doc to SIP WG for completion of
solution.
Reviewers: Vijay Gurbani, Martin Dolly, Laura Liess
Note: one more reviewer would be ideal. 
Proto: Gonzalo 

- draft-wing-sipping-srtp-key-04 (Security directorate early review ends
31 Dec 2008)
Editor: Dan Wing
Reviewer: Eric Rescorla
Token: Reviewer to provide feedback on the specific solution proposals,
WG to provide any relevant feedback - based feedback from WG had
indicated general support for this doc
Chair prime: Gonzalo

- draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-02 (see above)

Docs forwarded to IESG(since Aug 29): 
--------------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-service-identification-03 (see above)

Additional docs planned for review in Dec:
-------------------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-overload-design  (Initial Review planned for 15 Dec
2008 - 12 Jan 2009)
Editor: Volker Hilt
Token: Editor to update doc based on initial feedback and IETF-74
discussion
Reviewers:  None 
Note: We need volunteers for this doc! We can't progress work unless we
get at least 3 comprehensive reviews, otherwise we assume no one cares

Additional docs being worked:
-----------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer (Doc being work post-Pub-Req to
work out solutions to problems ID'ed in section 6 - solutions will be
progressed in SIP WG and this doc updated to be a comprehensive guide)
Editor: Paul Kyzivat
Token: Editor and Christer to summarize solution proposals on SIPPING WG
ML to gather feedback based on IETF-73 proposal
Reviewers: (Past) Byron Campen, Jonathan Rosenberg, Rajeev Seth, B.
Nataraju  - addt'l reviewers welcome. 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP