Subject: [Sipping] RFC 6157 on IPv6 Transition in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:34:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6157

        Title:      IPv6 Transition in the Session 
                    Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     G. Camarillo, K. El Malki,
                    V. Gurbani
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 32492
        Updates:    RFC3264

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-v6-transition-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6157.txt

This document describes how the IPv4 Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) user agents can communicate with IPv6 SIP user agents (and vice
versa) at the signaling layer as well as exchange media once the
session has been successfully set up.  Both single- and dual-stack
(i.e., IPv4-only and IPv4/IPv6) user agents are considered.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC