Subject: [Sipping] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4235 (4237)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 11:26:12 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4235,
"An INVITE-Initiated Dialog Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4235&eid=4237

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Xiaofeng Xu <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.4

Original Text
-------------
<xs:complexType name="participant">
          <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element name="identity" type="tns:nameaddr"
              minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
            <xs:element name="target" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
              <xs:complexType>
                <xs:sequence>
                  <xs:element name="param" minOccurs="0"
                    maxOccurs="unbounded">
                    <xs:complexType>
                      <xs:attribute name="pname" type="xs:string"
                        use="required"/>
                      <xs:attribute name="pval" type="xs:string"
                        use="required"/>
                    </xs:complexType>
                  </xs:element>
                </xs:sequence>
                <xs:attribute name="uri" type="xs:string"
                                           use="required"/>
              </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>
            <xs:element name="session-description" type="tns:sessd"
              minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
            <xs:element name="cseq" type="xs:nonNegativeInteger"
              minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
            <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
              minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
          </xs:sequence>
        </xs:complexType>

Corrected Text
--------------
<xs:complexType name="participant">
          <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element name="identity" type="tns:nameaddr"
              minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
            <xs:element name="target" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
              <xs:complexType>
                <xs:sequence>
                  <xs:element name="param" minOccurs="0"
                    maxOccurs="unbounded">
                    <xs:complexType>
                      <xs:attribute name="pname" type="xs:string"
                        use="required"/>
                      <xs:attribute name="pval" type="xs:string"
                        use="required"/>
                    </xs:complexType>
                  </xs:element>
                </xs:sequence>
                <xs:attribute name="uri" type="xs:string"
                                           use="required"/>
              </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>
            <xs:element name="session-description" type="tns:sessd"
              minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
            <xs:element name="cseq" type="xs:nonNegativeInteger"
              minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
            <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
              minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
          </xs:sequence>
        </xs:complexType>

Notes
-----
The identity element is defined as maxOccurs="1" in the XML schema. However, in the section 4.1.6 of RFC4235, it says "Note that multiple identities (for example a sip: URI and a tel: URI) could be included if they all correspond to the participant". This seems to contradict with the XML schema.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4235 (draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-package-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : An INVITE-Initiated Dialog Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Publication Date    : November 2005
Author(s)           : J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne, R. Mahy, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Proposal Investigation
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG