Subject: [siprec] Metadata Redundancy - ExtensionData

From: Ofir Roth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:30:10 +0300

Hi,

According to the metadata XML schema, extension data elements can added under the recording element and also under stream (only one is allowed).
In addition, extension data element contains parent attribute (which can be any ID including stream's ID).

In that case, it seems like the extension data under the stream is redundant.
Is there a special reason for allowing extension data element under the stream?

Thanks,
Ofir.

---

From: "Ravindran Parthasarathi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 23:51:55 +0530

Hi Ofir,

XML schema of participant, session, group has issue and each of this
metadata element should contain extension-data.

"<xs:element name="extensiondata" type="extensiondata"
minOccurs="0"/>"

The reason for this extension-data element is to provide the extension
specific to the metadata element. For example, participant element shall
add the participant type extension-data like agent or customer. The
extensiondata XML schema will be updated in the forthcoming revision.

Thanks

Partha

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ofir Roth
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] Metadata Redundancy - ExtensionData

Hi,

According to the metadata XML schema, extension data elements can added
under the recording element and also under stream (only one is allowed).
In addition, extension data element contains parent attribute (which can
be any ID including stream's ID).

In that case, it seems like the extension data under the stream is
redundant. 
Is there a special reason for allowing extension data element under the
stream?

Thanks,

Ofir.

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 00:44:12 +0530

Ofir,

Thanks for pointing this out. We have corrected the same in ver 04 of
metadata to have extension data for each element of XML schema.

Regards,

Ram

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ravindran Parthasarathi
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:52 PM
To: Ofir Roth; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [siprec] Metadata Redundancy - ExtensionData

Hi Ofir,

Thanks

Partha

Hi,

Thanks,

Ofir.