Subject: [siprec] #74: Usage of xs:string in metadata schema

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 06:24:43 -0000

#74: Usage of xs:string in metadata schema

 During IETF 81 there was a comment from Martin Thompson (sent on jabber)
 on the usage of xs:string. Refer here at
 http://www.ietf.org/jabber/logs/siprec/2011-07-28.html

 snippet from the logs
 <martin.thomson> I also see a tendency to use xs:string, which is a bad
 item (TM), unless whitespace is important to you

 Need to evaluate if there is any other type that can be used.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  rmohanr@…           |       Owner:  rmohanr@…        
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new              
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                   
Component:  metadata            |     Version:                   
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                   
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/74>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:50:01 +0530

Hi Peter,

Need your XML advise on this open item in metadata XML.
We received a comment in IETF 81 on the usage of xs:string. See below.

Are there any issues in using xs:string ? If that is the case, Is there an alternative we can use instead of xs:string ?

The metadata schema is here in case you want to refer - http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-04#section-8

Thanks,
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: siprec issue tracker [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 11:55 AM
To: Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] #74: Usage of xs:string in metadata schema

 snippet from the logs