Subject: [siprec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 06:36:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the SIP Recording Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Metadata
	Author(s)       : Ram Mohan Ravindranath
                          Parthasarathi Ravindran
                          Paul Kyzivat
	Filename        : draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-05.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   Session recording is a critical requirement in many communications
   environments such as call centers and financial trading.  In some of
   these environments, all calls must be recorded for regulatory,
   compliance, and consumer protection reasons.  Recording of a session
   is typically performed by sending a copy of a media stream to a
   recording device.  This document describes the metadata model as
   viewed by Session Recording Server(SRS) and the Recording metadata
   format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-05.txt

---

From: Ravindran Parthasarathi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:24:30 +0000

Hi all,

Based on the last interim meeting and mailing closure, SIPREC metadata -05 is published with the following update:

1) Removal of Extensiondata element from the model & XML
2) "csrc" XML element addition 
3) "NameID" pair addition in XML schema
4) Usage of base64Binary encoded URN UUID values.
5) call disconnect XML example addition
6) Association representation in metadata model

Open items:
1) Association class representation in XML. 

Please review the updated draft and provide your valuable comments.

Thanks
Partha

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
>Of [email-masked]
>Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 7:06 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: [siprec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-05.txt
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories. This draft is a work item of the SIP Recording Working
>Group of the IETF.
>
>_______________________________________________
>siprec mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/siprec

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:39:05 +0000

Partha

sections 6.3, 7.1,and  8 show CS as having Associate Time and Dissassociate Time,
but  examples in section 13 show CS having start-time and end-time.

Rgds
John Stafford | Solution Architect 1 | BT Global Services 

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked] [[email-masked]]
Sent: 31 October 2011 13:36
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-05.txt

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:16:13 +0530

John,

This needs to be changed to associate/disassociate time to be in
consistent with model. We will take care in the next revision.

Ram

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 8:09 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [siprec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-05.txt
> 
> Partha
> 
> From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked] [[email-masked]]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:28:53 +0000

Ram,

If CS has associate/dissaociated instead of begin/end times, then there won't be any way of signalling that a CS has ended, only that it is no longer being recorded.

Especially as Charles says it was going to be allowed to have a CS with zero participants.

Maybe CS needs BOTH associate/dissassociate and begin/end times ?

Rgds
John Stafford | Solution Architect 1 | BT Global Services | Tel:+44 (0)1932 773504   | E: [email-masked]  |  www.bt.com/globalservices
________________________________________
From: Ram Mohan R (rmohanr) [[email-masked]]
Sent: 31 October 2011 15:46
To: Stafford,J,John,JRJ3X C; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [siprec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-05.txt

John,

Ram

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:19:51 +0530

Hi John S

Please see inline

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 9:59 PM
> To: Ram Mohan R (rmohanr); [email-masked]
> If CS has associate/dissaociated instead of begin/end times, then
there
> won't be any way of signalling that a CS has ended, only that it is no
> longer being recorded.
> 
> Especially as Charles says it was going to be allowed to have a CS
with
> zero participants.

The associate-time here indicates the time a CS was associated with a
RS. IOW it is the time the recording of CS is started in that RS.
Disassociate time indicate the time the recording of CS was stopped from
that RS.  The reason why this attribute was added is to address cases
where only parts of CS is recorded(e.g. you record the first few mins of
a CS, then stop the recording, then re-start recording of the same CS
after some time). In such cases indicating begin/end of CS is not
correct as CS has not ended, but RS has ended.  So the WG decided it's
better to have associate/disassociate time and have its scope to a RS so
that a CS may have multiple associate/disassociate times if need be. For
simple cases where the entire CS is recorded, the associate/disassociate
times may be mapped to the CS begin/end times assuming recording is
started the same moment CS is setup.

 I agree that with this approach, we are not indicating explicitly
indicating when the CS has actually started/ended. 
>From the past discussions, there was no much interest in keeping both of
this information. If you think there are enough use-cases where
indicating both these will be helpful please bring them, we can discuss
further and add begin/end times after getting consensus from WG.

Regards,
Ram

> 
> Rgds
> John Stafford | Solution Architect 1 | BT Global Services | Tel:+44
> (0)1932 773504   | E: [email-masked]  |
> www.bt.com/globalservices
> >         Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Recording
> > Metadata