Subject: [siprec] Confirming Consensus on SIPREC Charter Update.

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 12:59:43 +0000

Hi All,

During the discussion at IETF89 it was pointed out that in clarifying the scope of SIPREC we should have mentioned real-time text so I have added RTT to the list of media within scope in the proposed update to the charter.

Following this minor modification I believe we have consensus on the new charter text.

The full charter text is given below if you have any issues with this please respond within the next week.

==============================================
SUGGESTED CHARTER - UPDATE (To 2nd Paragraph)
=============================================

Session recording is a critical requirement in many business communications environments such as call centers and financial trading floors. In some of these environments, all calls must be recorded for regulatory and compliance reasons. In others, calls may be recorded for quality control, business analytics, or consumer protection. Recording is typically done by sending a copy of the media to the recording devices. The working group will determine requirements and produce a specification for a protocol that will manage delivery of media, in SIP based systems (including audio, video, MSRP instant message sessions, and real-time text) from an end-point that originates media, or that has access to it, to a recording device. PBX and recording vendors today implement proprietary, incompatible mechanisms to facilitate recording. A standard protocol will reduce the complexity and cost of providing such recording services.

========= END ===================

The rest of the charter remains unchanged.

The milestone issue will be tackled separately.

Regards
Andy

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 12:45:21 -0400

This seems ok to me. But in reading it again, it seems to me that the 
order of the text is not quite right. The parenthetic list that not 
includes RTT is a list of *media types*, so it would be clearer if it 
modified "media" rather than "SIP based systems". Here is a version with 
that change:

==============================================
SUGGESTED CHARTER - UPDATE (To 2nd Paragraph) (phk)
=============================================

Session recording is a critical requirement in many business 
communications environments such as call centers and financial trading 
floors. In some of these environments, all calls must be recorded for 
regulatory and compliance reasons. In others, calls may be recorded for 
quality control, business analytics, or consumer protection. Recording 
is typically done by sending a copy of the media to the recording 
devices. The working group will determine requirements and produce a 
specification for a protocol that will manage delivery of media 
(including audio, video, MSRP instant message sessions, and real-time 
text), in SIP based systems from an end-point that originates media, or 
that has access to it, to a recording device. PBX and recording vendors 
today implement proprietary, incompatible mechanisms to facilitate 
recording. A standard protocol will reduce the complexity and cost of 
providing such recording services.

The reordering of the text is the only change.

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 4/7/14 8:59 AM, Hutton, Andrew wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> siprec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/siprec
>

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 02:45:31 +0000

Updated text looks good to me.

Regards,
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, 8 April 2014 10:15 pm
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [siprec] Confirming Consensus on SIPREC Charter Update.

>> During the discussion at IETF89 it was pointed out that in clarifying
>>the scope of SIPREC we should have mentioned real-time text so I have
>>added RTT to the list of media within scope in the proposed update to
>>the charter.
>>
>>specification for a protocol that will manage delivery of media, in SIP
>>based systems (including audio, video, MSRP instant message sessions,
>>and real-time text) from an end-point that originates media, or that has
>>access to it, to a recording device. PBX and recording vendors today
>>implement proprietary, incompatible mechanisms to facilitate recording.
>>A standard protocol will reduce the complexity and cost of providing
>>such recording services.
>>

---

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:59:02 +0000

+1 Will go ahead and get the AD's to make this change to the charter using the text that Paul suggested.

Andy

> From: siprec [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ram Mohan R
> (rmohanr)
> Sent: 09 April 2014 03:46
> To: [email-masked]
> >> The full charter text is given below if you have any issues with
> this
> >>please respond within the next week.
> >>
> >>