Subject: [siprec] Protocol Action: 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Metadata' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-22.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 07:33:03 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Metadata'
  (draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-22.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIP Recording Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata/

Technical Summary:

This document describes the metadata sent between a Session Recording 
Client (SRC) and the Session Recording Server (SRS) in a recording of a 
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) session as described in draft-ietf-
siprec-protocol.  

Working Group Summary:

This document has had a relatively long gestation period in the working 
group, but there has been strong consensus on the direction and text of 
the document for some time.  There were no notable disagreements within 
the working group over the development of the document.  On the 
contrary, once the protocol draft was finished, this document converged 
relatively rapidly to consensus.

Document Quality:

There are multiple interoperable implementations of drafts of this 
protocol.  Notably, the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) has 
included the protocol, with the metadata described in this document in 
it’s Next Generation 9-1-1 standard, and has held an interoperability 
event where multiple implementations were tested.  Feedback from the 
event has been incorporated in the draft.  There are at least 8 
implementations known to the document shepherd that are completed, in 
process, or planned.

Personnel:

Brian Rosen is the Document Shepherd.  Alissa Cooper is the Responsible 
Area Director.