Subject: [siprec] RFC 7865 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Metadata

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 17:41:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7865

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording 
                    Metadata 
        Author:     R. Ravindranath, P. Ravindran, P. Kyzivat
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 67100
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-22.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7865

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7865

Session recording is a critical requirement in many communications
environments, such as call centers and financial trading
organizations.  In some of these environments, all calls must be
recorded for regulatory, compliance, and consumer protection reasons.
The recording of a session is typically performed by sending a copy
of a media stream to a recording device.  This document describes the
metadata model as viewed by the Session Recording Server (SRS) and
the recording metadata format.

This document is a product of the SIP Recording Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC